TrippieHippie

SINGERS/NON-SINGERS: Have you ever successfully sang a Lana Del Rey song?

Do you ever try to sing a Lana Del Rey song? (If you are a real singer.)

Do you find it hard to duplicate her sound or easier?

What type of sound do you think Lana Del Rey has?

I always thought she was more ''Hollywood Sadcore'' and or ''Alternative''.

You think Indie rock?

Describe your vocal range, how would you say it sounds?

List your actual vocal range :P

(If you don't know here is a video on how you can find it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IejHKpfHso

I guess whenever I try to sing a lana song I always like to twist it around and change up the instrumental and vocals, mainly because I like to make songs my own when I cover them, and it looks like I would fit best as an Alto bc I went from B2 to G5 lol

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I can't quite Remember but I know I'm between an Alto or a Mezzo Soprano.

She is between an Mezzo Soprano too, I can sing a Lana Del Rey song but only a couple.

She may have the same type of vocal range as me ; but I cannot do what she can.

When I sing her songs I kinda have to sing it a couple of pitches higher.

I'm not the best LOW note singer or Low register singer.

I'm more of a soft sweet falsetto. I can kinda go low but barely. I think I stop at an E3 when I went low.

I don't think that is very low. :) 

I covered Little Girls & it's 10000x better than Lana's version tbh.

omg you're so good!  :defeated:

but tbh i don't think anyone should cover lana. No one does it the same/better. At least I haven't heard any

I'm an Alto, F3 but to like C5 not D5 because im a boy going through puberty and if i go any higher than C5 my voice cracks :( lol

(But my voice isn't even that deep either.. F3 and G3 are hard to do)

With a little bit more focus... I can really only do F#3 -> C5 

I'm an Alto, F3 but to like C5 not D5 because im a boy going through puberty and if i go any higher than C5 my voice cracks :( lol

(But my voice isn't even that deep either.. F3 and G3 are hard to do)

With a little bit more focus... I can really only do F#3 -> C5 

I feel whom every discovered puberty s a fucking lie because my voice is cracking. I am a good singer but I used to sing like a crying baby. (I've gotten better)

My voice goes through many changes. And I'ma girl :)

I feel whom every discovered puberty s a fucking lie because my voice is cracking. I am a good singer but I used to sing like a crying baby. (I've gotten better)

My voice goes through many changes. And I'ma girl :)

im testing out notes on my piano.... i cant sing deep or high im in that gross inbetween :(                  (which means im not really a singer, lol)

im testing out notes on my piano.... i cant sing deep or high im in that gross inbetween :(                  (which means im not really a singer, lol)

Lol I'm sure your good. O can sing a little low but I can sing very High. Like Lana in her May Jailer days.

I used to be like that but If you keep practicing. You will be AWESOME! :D

Trust me I was shit and still kinda am. :P

Well, I'm singing Million Dollar Man for a show my singing school is putting on. I recorded this about a month or two ago so it's not exactly updated. 
https://soundcloud.com/prismparadise/ldr-mdm-by-gab

As for the questionaire...

Do you find it hard to duplicate her sound or easier?
Well, it is quite difficult to sound an exact replica of her voice for I am only thirteen and my voice sounds too immature and I can't reach those low notes yet. We actually had to bring the backing track up higher two tones.
What type of sound do you think Lana Del Rey has?
As in her voice? Oh, I'm not good in describing sounds. Her voice definitely suits her released songs' genre, I can say that. And if I must describe it, I'd say a very relaxing and angelic tone. In her low tones and her high ones. Even in her more upbeat unreleased songs. 
I always thought she was more ''Hollywood Sadcore'' and or ''Alternative''.
You think Indie rock?
To be honest, don't know what either of them are. I'm so amateur :tsk:
In Lana's released music, you mean? I'd honestly classify it as R&B, Jazz, Blues and Cabaret. 

Describe your vocal range, how would you say it sounds?
Do you mean my vocal tone? I'd say it's very pitchy :omfg2:. But friends say my tone sounds like Lana. I don't think so, but even my singing teacher's mother (my actual teacher was sick so I had her mum for that day) said it sounds similar to Lana's. I don't think so one bit!
List your actual vocal range  :P

Well, lucky for you, I had a vocal range test two weeks ago. I will just need to get my book... 
Lowest Note: F | Highest Note: B | 19 notes
It does not state which notes they are. Hang on, I had another test in February and it states that I have increased my range by five notes since then - one higher and four lower (I believe it is because I have been singing to a lot of Lana's songs :omfg2:
That one says...
Lowest Note: A4 | Highest Note: B♭6
So I haven't really made much of an achievement but at least I've answered the question.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I think I do a pretty decent job at singing Blue Jeans but, I sing it a little different than Lana. Maybe I'll share a clip with you guys if I feel up to it. I love singing Serial Killer but, I kinda doubt I sound good doing so. It's easy to play on guitar though, both are.

243qd5f.jpg