Sign in to follow this  
ExoticFlower

Lana Del Rey to VG: "I am still a sad girl" (15.06.2014)

This was an interview VG did with Lana around the time she performed in Bergen, so it's from yesterday I believe. 

Lana has captured the world with her music, but she points out that not everything in her life is picture perfect. 

After her performance in Bergen she received the high score 5 from VG, and the singer told us that she highly values Norwegian fans.

"I value being here more than ever now. When I see how the audience sings along, it makes me feel like they accept me for who I am. I feel like they understand me."  :icant:

When asked why there are still sad girls and bad men in her songs, Lana laughs, and answers: "I am still a sad girl, I still date bad men." 

On the "I wish I was dead" hysteria

But feeling understood is not always the case for the artist outside of the stage area. In an interview with the guardian published this week, the singer voiced a death wish, which got quoted by media all over the world, including VG.

But to VG Lana says that the whole situation was blown out of proportions. 

"I did not actually say that I thought an early death was a glamorous way to go. I just said that like many other people I admire and take inspiration from those who have passed at an early age," referring to her heroes, Jimi Hendrix and Amy Winehouse, who both died young. (Did he mix up Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison when he googled 27 club...?)

The artist admits to having said that she sometimes wishes she was dead, but that it was taken the wrong way. 

"Like many people who go through a lot I sometimes wish for my life to end. Sometimes feel like that, and sometimes I don't."

Lana Del Rey elaborates that every day is different, and that she is not an unhappy person.

"Sometimes I just feel like it becomes too much."

Talking about Ultraviolence

"To me this album is more relaxed, free and sexy. I didn't feel the need to document as much of my life story as I did in Born to Die. This album goes deeper into important moments from my life." Lana Del Rey adds that the album is like her own little personal jewel. 

The artist struggle when she's trying to explain why so many young girls love her music. 

"I guess they to a certain degree can relate to what I say or how I say things."

Interviewer: "But one of your songs from the new album is called "Fucked My Way to the Top". What do you want to convey to those who listen to this song?"

"I don't censor myself," she says, and adds that all of the songs on the album means something to her and often tells a tale about things she's been trough. 

She admits that sharing her deep and personal songs from the stage has been nerve wracking. But Del Rey says it has become easier with time. Now she sees that the audience is happy to be at her concerts. And that is why she sees the importance in taking "selfies" with her fans during concerts, giving out hugs and pecks on the cheek. 

"It's a part of the experience. For them I am the show, but to me they are the show. So I take part in it."

1olt2g.jpg

I still date bad men.

tumblr_mrn40avArg1sytz9go1_500.jpg

teddy bear

vs.

bad man 

tumblr_mzx1jegLht1qkn2mro1_500.jpg

:creep: maybe Jimmy is "the other man" :oic2: 

Like many people who go through a lot I sometimes wish for my life to end. Sometimes feel like that, and sometimes I don't.

honestly, this sounds quite relatable... makes my worries disappear at least a little bit

This album goes deeper into important moments from my life.

we should bring Lanalysis back to life when we have all created some theories who the songs are about. [girlie voice] this is gonna be so much fuuuuun  :oic:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

She is sometimes so inarticulate. Didnt she say Barrie was her fiancé? now she just deny it.

No, an article noted him as her fiancé, but she later denied that they were engaged.

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

No, an article noted him as her fiancé, but she later denied that they were engaged.

Im not going to dig through her past interviews. But Im pretty sure she said herself: "... me and my fiancé Barrie".

It has been blown way out of proportion. The dying young comment was relatable. Lana doesnt have to defend herself or answer herself to anyone.

The feminism bullshit was also taken way too seriously. But I guess Lana's personality makes it impossible for journalists to create a fuzz unless they blow up things that can lead to a bit of controversy. 

1olt2g.jpg

I was and still am genuinely worried. Depression has highs and lows, I believe Lana is not "fine". Never jumped on no bandwagon, I write what I feel from what I observe. Anyone who wants to judge me go ahead, I don't mind.

And I couldn't care less about Barrie, he seems to bring her even more down. But it is lurve, right?

Happy she is saying she does not wish to die all the time tho...

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

At least she is lucky: she can be beautiful when someone cries.

In my case, no matter the circumstances, I'm still ugly..  :(

Wish I were beautiful and depressed like her  :flutter:

I'm really happy that she feels like people understand and appreciate her during her concerts! I also love how she genuinely cares that people attend her concerts and wants to break that barrier between the stage and the audience by taking pictures and talking to us. I honestly think that that interviewer from the guardian misunderstood lana when she said that she doesn't realize that she loves what she does during concerts. It's more complicated than that.

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

I read it earlier today, good interview from VG! ( opposed to their f.ex Gaga interview.)

I also think she sometimes is misquoted by interviewers, or they put it in a way it's not meant to be. She was so sweet talking about us Norwegians as well  :aw: