Sitar

Lana Del Rey Defends Herself Against 'The Guardian' Controversy

@Jaime_King · 9m

If you don't mean it, don't say it. Don't blame others for the words that fall from your lips, we're all accountable for that which we speak

:rip:

Okay, who is Jaime in relation to Lana? Just a small background on her please...

tumblr_inline_mr0bdqxfxY1qz4rgp.gif MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS... *duh*

OMG, Jaime King tweeted:

If you don't mean it, don't say it. Don't blame others for the words that fall from your lips, we're all accountable for that which we speak

https://twitter.com/Jaime_King/status/480157656875679746

Edit:

What are you guys talking about?! I am speaking about something completely different. It's really unfair to assume that I would do that.

Huh? What are you talking about? Absolutely not. “@ughxcx: @Jaime_King are you talking about lana?”

I did not SEE THIS “@ridexdie: @Jaime_King fans thought you were talking about what happened yesterday pic.twitter.com/2hTfqmpYwF

I love you already. Moz and Lana are the reason I believe there's still hope for pop music.

;)

that's funny 'cause lana and morrissey are the only two people i care about in this world LITERALLY

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

well u thought that it was about Lana too lol, but who takes twitter fans serious... 

Well, yeah, but I didn't attack Jaime on Twitter like some stans. :toofunny:

I don't take them seriously...they're just messy af. 

Honestly, I think the blame lies with Lana's managers for failing to get her some media training...

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Well, didn't someone once say that all publicity is good publicity?

It's weird, even when I read the interview for the very first time - before the hype explosion - I just thought, well, I know where you're coming from. I didn't worry that she was about to take her own life or any of that and didn't really think twice about it... I imagined it kinda like she said it (having just listened to the audio.) But I guess the reason is, that I feel like I really relate to that kind of underlying blues where you don't take life for granted. You kinda question whether you want to be here or not, it's never just a given. But at the same time never ever wanting (truly) to take your own life, because the beauty of life isn't lost on you either.

I find Jaime's tweets really weird. It's REALLY hard for me not to think that the first one was indeed aimed at Lana. Fits perfectly. And if they're still as close as they have been in the past, then why isn't she up to date with this media storm of BS surrounding Lana?

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

hi apook

I guess the issue was with the Guardian making "I wish I was dead already" into a sensationalist headline, which the NYT didn't do

In the Guardian followup, the staff pick for a "debate-contributing comment" is very interesting (that is concilatory):

be sure to click on the "guardian picks" tab of the comment section.

I think the issue with LDR is just personal. She may have said something stupid but she expected more of a safety net or balanced presentation on what she said. She didn't get that and it surprised her (her reference to a "masked as a fan"). Instead, from her perspective the article emphasized the one thing that would give the publication the most boost (at the most expense of the artist). 

Firstly I don't care that she said it, what actually irritates me more is fans blindly defending what she said. The fact is, she said, he questioned what she said, she confirms it, then she elaborates on what she ssid. Giggle or no giggle she said it. Deal with it.