Sign in to follow this  
Linethic

Lana Del Rey Speaks About Next Record, "Music to Watch Boys To"

No, just no :( I kind of hate all of Lana's "happy" music.  It doesn't fit with her aesthetic at all.

Music to Kill Boys To, Music to Do Drugs with Depressed Boys To, Music to Realize You're a Lesbian To...ok (LOL).

I like the happy sounding stuff because she's usually singing about depressing or fucked up shit, taking it to a whole other level that no one else can touch. 

"And if you call me on the telephone I might overdose, cause I'm strong but I'm lonely, like Marilyn Monroe" (singing about Marilyn Monroe's suicide)

"Is it wrong that I think it's kinda fun when I hit you in the back of the head with a gun..." (This whole song tbh... only Lana could rhyme gun with fun and pull it off)

"Stumble into trouble, siren with a sad song; Go out every night whenever I feel sad, ooh this drive-by love, got me crazy like a drug" (using drunken irresponsible one night stands to make herself feel better)

Ok, that's true of the lyrics you posted.  It's a Third Eye Blind type of thing.  I guess, if she had released music like that from the beginning, I would have accepted that dynamic.  But now I'm way too into what she does best (which, IMO, is the whole of UV).

Ok, that's true of the lyrics you posted.  It's a Third Eye Blind type of thing.  I guess, if she had released music like that from the beginning, I would have accepted that dynamic.  But now I'm way too into what she does best (which, IMO, is the whole of UV).

Most of 3EB's stuff is deeply depressing and slow... but I see your point in the case of "Semi Charmed Life"