Sign in to follow this  
toshi

Lana's Looks / Male Equivalent

Something I feel is taboo on this forum is the subject of her (possible) plastic surgery. I'm really interested in picking her looks and image apart (to quote you @@toshi) - coming from a place of admiration and adoration, of course. I don't think it's extremely weird or wrong to be interested in what Lana has done to create herself/her image. She's one of the most beautiful human beings I ever saw and her looks do play an active part in the whole package that is her, so to speak... Her lyrics often describe her as pretty, beautiful etc - wouldn't fit at all if she wasn't. Many of her lyrics fit the idea of a beautiful woman. Imagine if Susan Boyle sang "I Fucked My Way up to the Top" ...or "Cola"?? Anyway, this is just to justify going superficial on her arse  :hooker: And of course, quite a few aren't interested in this aspect of her, but I, for one, am - and I can't even count the many times I have googled "lana del rey plastic surgery/extensions" etc.

I just can't figure out what she did after getting the lip injections when she was still Lizzy. I really think she had more procedures done. She disappeared for (I'm not sure how long) - like a year? Came out on the other side and was LANA. But it wasn't just the lips that were different. She most likely had a nose job, but that was earlier? Hmmm.. Any other plastic surgery nerds out there? :toofunny:

I think she dd lip fillers (like Gaga). Her lips aren't nearly as big anymore. I can attribute her hair color/length and style to make her look different too. Long hair brunette /high fashion/ Lana doesn't seem to resemble drug addict thrift store bleached blonde Lizzy.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

in terms of sheer symmetry and raw sexual magnetism i would say henry cavill 

tumblr_n7y21iSa691sfmwgpo1_250.giftumblr_n7y21iSa691sfmwgpo2_250.gif

tumblr_my7cvr4AZF1r8j1j3o1_250.giftumblr_my7cvr4AZF1r8j1j3o2_250.gif

brb

Dayum he is good looking. Is the one of the top the same as the one on the bottom? The guy on the top actually does look like her, time to find lots of photos of him.

Something I feel is taboo on this forum is the subject of her (possible) plastic surgery. I'm really interested in picking her looks and image apart (to quote you @@toshi) - coming from a place of admiration and adoration, of course. I don't think it's extremely weird or wrong to be interested in what Lana has done to create herself/her image. She's one of the most beautiful human beings I ever saw and her looks do play an active part in the whole package that is her, so to speak... Her lyrics often describe her as pretty, beautiful etc - wouldn't fit at all if she wasn't. Many of her lyrics fit the idea of a beautiful woman. Imagine if Susan Boyle sang "I Fucked My Way up to the Top" ...or "Cola"?? Anyway, this is just to justify going superficial on her arse  :hooker: And of course, quite a few aren't interested in this aspect of her, but I, for one, am - and I can't even count the many times I have googled "lana del rey plastic surgery/extensions" etc.

I just can't figure out what she did after getting the lip injections when she was still Lizzy. I really think she had more procedures done. She disappeared for (I'm not sure how long) - like a year? Came out on the other side and was LANA. But it wasn't just the lips that were different. She most likely had a nose job, but that was earlier? Hmmm.. Any other plastic surgery nerds out there? :toofunny:

I've got no problems talking about surgery when it comes to Lana, I'm not dissing her for it so I don't see the problem. Obviously she claims she hasn't had it done so for that reason I won't actively say she has gotten it done, but you're right when you look how different she is when she came back as Lana, like the lips and the nose. I've always wondered definatley about her lips, but they're smaller now so I'm thinking it could have been makeup or something that doesn't last long.

Oops sorry for posting that 3 times, my laptop is a pain

qsVmBMd.png

I think she dd lip fillers (like Gaga). Her lips aren't nearly as big anymore. I can attribute her hair color/length and style to make her look different too. Long hair brunette /high fashion/ Lana doesn't seem to resemble drug addict thrift store bleached blonde Lizzy.

Yeah, I dunno. Lipfillers are a definite, but I don't feel like a change of hair color and some collagen was all it took. The change seems far greater to me. "*I'll keep dancing nerding on my own* :diva:

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

i don't really think that lizzy and lana look that different if you consider how different lana looked during the beginning of the born to die era, the paradise era and nowadays.

But back to the "transition" from lizzy to lana. the biggest differences i've noticed were her lips, her hair and the way she styled it and completely different make-up like she changed the way she used to have her eyebrows, she used those long fake-lashes and this whole cat-eye thing. She also used to be very thin at the beginning of the btd era which made her face look very slim and her jaw more defined.

i76mrxw.png 

i don't really think that lizzy and lana look that different if you consider how different lana looked during the beginning of the born to die era, the paradise era and nowadays.

But back to the "transition" from lizzy to lana. the biggest differences i've noticed were her lips, her hair and the way she styled it and completely different make-up like she changed the way she used to have her eyebrows, she used those long fake-lashes and this whole cat-eye thing. She also used to be very thin at the beginning of the btd era which made her face look very slim and her jaw more defined.

She's quite skinny here... And wearing fake lashes. Still looks heaps different. Maybe she just got a nose job. Or maybe I need to realize the difference hair color makes.

post-2501-0-61075200-1404676984_thumb.jpg

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

On LDR male "birds of a feather":

I know people are fixating on physical characteristics, though characteristics needn't always be physical. They can also be musical or tactical (i.e., how famous people get media exposure). Anyway, the guys below strike me as much a male analogy to LDR (wrt physical dimensions) as James Dean, but they are also (damn good) musicians.

LDR was referred to as Chris Isaak's granddaughter in France. Although I can't give receipts for this, this reference is what caused me to pay attention to CI (and I'm glad I did). Jeff Buckley might also have had the same kind of dark soul (not sure). Jimmy Gnecco. Rufus Wainwright.  And how could I not mention Kurt Cobain (more physical than musical similarity, I mean they could be siblings). Oh my God, Axl Rose! LDR loves male analogues of herself (excepting Rufus who loves LDR)! Just try "google images" on these guys and draw your own conclusions.

Bowie is interesting in that he had a relatively hard time getting launched (i.e., had to show his talent in many diverse ways before getting famous). Bowie also jerked the media around famously (the issue being his sexuality). These are recollections from having read the Mark Spitz biography. LDR also had a diverse beginning and a difficult time, and whether she does it intentionally or not, she definitely jerks the media around the same way (e.g., depression, feminism).

Bowie is interesting in that he had a relatively hard time getting launched (i.e., had to show his talent in many diverse ways before getting famous). Bowie also jerked the media around famously (the issue being his sexuality). These are recollections from having read the Mark Spitz biography. LDR also had a diverse beginning and a difficult time, and whether she does it intentionally or not, she definitely jerks the media around the same way (e.g., depression, feminism).

Reading through her interviews lately has definitely reminded me of reading through Bowie's interviews . . . there is the same sort of sense that there is art behind the artifice (unlike a certain Not So Legit singer who seems to rather be enacting parody)

As Pitchfork says ... they are both genres unto themselves

She's quite skinny here... And wearing fake lashes. Still looks heaps different. Maybe she just got a nose job. Or maybe I need to realize the difference hair color makes.

I think that her eyebrows were really different back then, really thin. Eyebrows can drastically change someone's appearance/personality. But I also think she did something to her nose... Im not an expert, but it seems like she has prosthesis, you can notice that the dorsum of her nose has a different shape now.

I hope Im not going off topic, but I am also interested in plastic surgeries and I couldn't avoid talking about it since someone showed the same interest hehe.

(sorry if I made any grammar mistake, english is not my main language)

I think that her eyebrows were really different back then, really thin. Eyebrows can drastically change someone's appearance/personality. But I also think she did something to her nose... Im not an expert, but it seems like she has prosthesis, you can notice that the dorsum of her nose has a different shape now.

I hope Im not going off topic, but I am also interested in plastic surgeries and I couldn't avoid talking about it since someone showed the same interest hehe.

(sorry if I made any grammar mistake, english is not my main language)

Talk about surgery all you want. It's an interesting topic, I'm sure Lana wouldn't appreciate it but we're not doing it maliciously.

qsVmBMd.png

No one is going to agree with me but I think Kanye West and Lana are similar in many ways, it's not easy to explain. All I can say is they are the only mainstream artists I find interesting.