Born To Die

Ryn Weaver

Agreed. I understand being upset with the bad review, but if the album is really as good as she thinks it is, let the music speak for itself. Regardless of whether you feel the interviewer missed the point, posting shit like this and this, is just childish

Yeah imo she looks stupid with the way she handled that. No review is ever unbiased and I think she should care about how she comes off to the press. Complaining about a review could result in further reviewers focusing on her attitude and not the actual music.

Nothing scares me anymore.

Yeah imo she looks stupid with the way she handled that. No review is ever unbiased and I think she should care about how she comes off to the press. Complaining about a review could result in further reviewers focusing on her attitude and not the actual music.

agreed + it looks incredibly silly to be visibly upset by something and posting about it while saying that she doesn't care about reviews. if such were the case, i'm sure she never would have been so compelled to respond to it.

agreed + it looks incredibly silly to be visibly upset by something and posting about it while saying that she doesn't care about reviews. if such were the case, i'm sure she never would have been so compelled to respond to it.

I think part of her tirade stemmed from the fact the article is littered with the names of artists that have Pitchfork wrapped around their finger.

What they seem to forget about all the artists they mentioned have taken YEARS to get to the point of critical acclimation because the records were so disparate. For them to complain about there not being an album of 11 OctaHates is ridiculous because they would've also given it an unfavorable review for being TOO similar

There's no winning when it comes to certain publications who off the bat have it out for artists for whatever reason. She could've handled it better, but I'm glad people are at least calling out this review for how it was WRITTEN and not exactly its POV

BzhmW.png

Lol I was gonna listen to The Fool but her twitter shit turned me off - it honestly probably shouldn't affect the music, but it does, just like natalia kills - i can't listen to her music anymore without cringing everywhere. the pitchfork review honestly wasn't even that bad - like, you're not going to get 150% positive reviews just be happy you have fans who'd wanna pay you for your music and see your shows.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Thought I was the only one pissed off about her attitude on twitter the past few days...  :popcorn:

And what bothers me more are those who are encouraging her with those "tea spilled" "yas mama tell em" tweets from her "fans".  :facepalm:

That Stevie Nicks comparison she won't stop mentioning that the NY Times brought up is honestly such a reach and she really needs to take a step back. Let alone the only similarity is that they're both women with a vibrato (one of which is an actual legend and another has been in the public eye for less than a year).

Tbh if she's going to RT every review of the album and then review that review thats enough for me to form an opinion on this album without hearing more than the EP that she used to fill it. Let the music speak for itself, if it's truly a solid piece of work that you're proud of, stop worrying so much about what everyone has to say. Frankly I want to like her music, but nothing beyond her EP has impressed me and this twitter behavior is just further reinforcing my feeling that she's using social media to cover up the fact that she's insecure about her own work and sound.

Just to be clear, it's ok to defend your work/art, however, a simple "i disagree with this review, I actually was trying to convey........" is fine rather than berating reviewers personally for not giving your work a gold star, and constantly bringing up the reviews that did give you a gold star.

I submitted my formal review of the record to my editor to be uploaded to the site tomorrow.

I made sure not to compare her to Stevie/Flo/etc because I believe she can stand on her own

BzhmW.png

Got the Target CD! The poster is really nice and I'm so glad the booklet included all the lyrics. Also I'm going to import it tomorrow night, but for now I can say with 95% positivity that the Siren Session of "Pierre" is in fact the VEVO acoustic recording.

H0bDaqU.gif