Born To Die

Ryn Weaver

I mean if it's a new chapter/new theme, it wouldn't have anything to do with The Fool.

And was it ever more concretely confirmed to be a Weeknd cover?

True. 

I think she posted something linking to Weeknd's The Hills? It was with an emoji, she posted it a couple of months ago. We all assumed it was The Weeknd from that but we didn't have official confirmation, and I still don't think we do. 

redline

I mean if it's a new chapter/new theme, it wouldn't have anything to do with The Fool.

And was it ever more concretely confirmed to be a Weeknd cover?

Unless I missed something, the only thing we know still is the emoji she tweeted me when I asked for a hint. We have no justification of what song or artist she is covering.

H0bDaqU.gif

Okay, so HOLYCHILD was kind of gaudy, but like, on purpose. Idk how I feel about them just yet haha. Their equiptment got lost between Chicago and Columbus, so they played an abridged set stripped with drums, a keyboard, and a vocal sampler. Definitely some respect for that.

ASTR was surprisingly amazing. The singer relied a lot of playback, but the music was actually really good. I gotta look into them now haha.

And then Ryn came in and blew everyone away. Her set was a lot louder than the first two, so I think I sustained some hearing damage from Pierre and OctaHate :rip: She played every song from the album -- which totally enhanced my love for the material. Runaway WAS one of my least favorites... until I saw it live. She brings a whole new life to the material live. Her vocals are, as you imagine, amazing  :defeated: And she does a lot of wild dancing/jerking/jolting like Florence does when she's in the moment on stage. 

Right before she closed with OctaHate and New Constellations, she asked us to put away our phones for a minute, turn around, and make two new friends in the crowd by introducing ourselves to one another. It was cute.

The meet and greet was a single-file, one-by-one sort of thing. She hugged me like six times and kept telling me I'm cute. She tried on my glasses and we had a small chat about college, my adult braces, and how she failed out of the Invsalign program. Then we took our Polaroid -- the scenario she came up with was "husband and wife" for the picture lol -- she took a million selfies with me and kissed me goodbye. She was the sweetest thing ever oh my gosh.

12249893_1049312498421252_42592629883843

12241324_1049312365087932_86561934337702

12240098_1049312378421264_19253007246488

12243150_1049312455087923_59418799546516

MkWI4Ns.png