Sign in to follow this  
beyondthedope

'Ultraviolence' Songs Added to Setlist

Would it be unfair to call her a lazy and boring live performer? I mean, she had great gigs, but the amount of no variations is just....This woman has more songs she could play live than so many artists who are 10+ years into their careers.

Idk. I don't think her performances are boring tbh. Only her set.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Guest Dot

Since the number of songs on her setlist tends to decrease and the fact that she obviously doesn't want to sing much of the new songs, I wait for the day where she starts with Cola, goes down the stage to greet the audience, goes up again and sings National Anthem, does another audience-dive and leaves :troll:

:eartha: National Anthem? Ain't nobody got time for dat! :troll:

Anyway she's still touring Paradise. I think that was part of her contract and she can't just start touring UV without having time to prepare anything for it. I think we all have to wait for the real Ultraviolence Tour to start. And honestly, I'm glad she's not performing too many new songs and iis saving them for her next tour (Hopefully there is one).

Would it be unfair to call her a lazy and boring live performer? I mean, she had great gigs, but the amount of no variations is just....This woman has more songs she could play live than so many artists who are 10+ years into their careers. 

I don't think she is a boring performer. but her sets are like almost always the same, or at least there is always a huge amount of songs which she will play everytime she performs (in the same arrangement) and then the rest will be chosen out of a pool of some songs she plays, which doesn't even contain everything she has officially released so far. Some shows were very good and diversie, like the one in Paris or Frankfurt. But others didn't had the best setlists, putting lots of very calm songs in a row like American, Without You and Ride .

Would be more fun if there wasn't this "stiff" concept, since it's not like she would put on a big show like Gags. Not that I wanted her to do something like this, but if she focusses on the music and some backdrops, her shows could be way more diverse than they are.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I know, I don't think I'd even call it that! It's more like a show here, or there. Now I'm starting to doubt a UV tour. Honestly, I don't really care, it's  all just confusing.

MTE, what if there's no tour  :rip:  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:

:smokes:

I saw her in May in Atlanta and she just came back again to do a music festival a few weeks ago and 2 songs were replaced with UV ones and two songs were taken out completely but other than that the setlists were in the exact same order with the same songs.

I'm suprised because she is actually even cutting back on the UV songs she's doing. She didn't do FMUTT, which she's been doing, and besides that one time, she hasn't done Old Money either. This album was supposedly recorded live so she should sound good and be confident in the songs so I don't know why she isn't doing more of them. I'm so ready for SOC, BrB, a full OM, and maybe Flipside or something to be done live. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

SO we have West Coast, Ultraviolence, Cruel World and Old Money as "firm" parts of the show now and Shades Of Cool, Money Power Glory and Fucked My Way Up To The Top as "optionals".

Brooklyn Baby is likely to be performed too, since UV reported that she rehearsed it (like she did with MPG and SOC).

So apart from Sad Girl (don't know if she will do it), Pretty When I Cry (I really hope she'll do it live, but the chances are that she will either way do it as a highlight of her show or never perform it at all because she can't recreate the mood she channeled when she did it the first and only time in the studio) and the Other Woman (likely, since she loves it so much and also did BV live) we heard everything from UV live. I wonder if she will add bonus/deluxe songs, since she explictly said that they are "not a part of the story" for her.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!