teethclick

Book Thread!

The book is perfect, seriously. A movie would be awesome. I have most of his books, but I haven't read them besides The Lost Symbol. And yes, not only that scene is petrifying, but many others. The scientific stuff there is awesome.

I wanna read Digital Fortress as well! We should start a Dan Brown Bookclub asap, just sayin'  :agree:

EQFO7rX.png

I wanna read Digital Fortress as well! We should start a Dan Brown Bookclub asap, just sayin'  :agree:

I read about half of Digital Fortress but that was years ago and it didn't really interest me. I really want to read it now though, but I have some books to read before I can go on with that. :agree:

Maybe nobody will know about this book but, I finished "Como agua para Chocolate" [Like water for chocolate], and I have to say, that it's one of my favorite books ever. If you have the chance to get it in your language or you know spanish, you should read it. It talks about mexican history but with this magical twist. 

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Yes! Do you like him?

I don't even know, lmao. I listened to Angles & Demons some years ago on audiobook, and I really enjoyed it (which is why I'm re-reading it now, hahah). But this summer I listened to Deception Point, and that one was really, really bad. I think I'm gonna read The Da Vinci Code in a while though, since it appearently is good. I was actually discussing books with my friends mom, and she also liked Angles & Demons, but said that his newer works wasn't so good.

Btw, isn't he supposed to give out a new book this summer?

last.fm  

I've read it and you must definitly read it.The book had really an impact on me. The beginning is wonderfull! The ending is a  bit sad but also beautiful in a way. Vladimir Nabokov is a great author with a very special writing style.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to get it :)

YES. He recently announced his new book coming May 14th. It's called Inferno and is once again about Robert Langdon  :bodyisready:

EQFO7rX.png

Has anyone here actually finished reading Fifty shades of grey? Its like every housewives wet dream (going 2 kill myself) 

I read like 1 chapter of it before it blew up and it was kind of boring.

Everyone around me who's read that simply detests it, so I didn't even try to read it.

I don't even know, lmao. I listened to Angles & Demons some years ago on audiobook, and I really enjoyed it (which is why I'm re-reading it now, hahah). But this summer I listened to Deception Point, and that one was really, really bad. I think I'm gonna read The Da Vinci Code in a while though, since it appearently is good. I was actually discussing books with my friends mom, and she also liked Angles & Demons, but said that his newer works wasn't so good.

My friend has Deception Point and he's going to lend me it. I don't really know if The Lost Symbol is a newer work but if it is and his old stuff is better, than I'm sure The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demos must be awesome.

YES. He recently announced his new book coming May 14th. It's called Inferno and is once again about Robert Langdon  :bodyisready:

Can't wait for it. :bodyisready:

My friend has Deception Point and he's going to lend me it. I don't really know if The Lost Symbol is a newer work but if it is and his old stuff is better, than I'm sure The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demos must be awesome.

Deception Point isn't interesting before the last 10 mins of the audiobook. :creep:

YES. He recently announced his new book coming May 14th. It's called Inferno and is once again about Robert Langdon   :bodyisready:

What other books are Langdon in? I know that he's in Angles & Demos, concidering I'm reading it now.

last.fm  

What other books are Langdon in? I know that he's in Angles & Demos, concidering I'm reading it now.

Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol and now as mentioned Inferno :)

EQFO7rX.png

Last book I read was On The Road by Jack Kerouac. I found it quite hard to get into, just from the way it was written but it's a great read. I love anything by John Green. To Kill a Mockingbird, The Catcher In The Rye and The Perks Of Being a Wallflower are among favourites of mine. You just can't beat sitting down to a good book.

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

Last book I read was On The Road by Jack Kerouac. I found it quite hard to get into, just from the way it was written but it's a great read. I love anything by John Green. To Kill a Mockingbird, The Catcher In The Rye and The Perks Of Being a Wallflower are among favourites of mine. You just can't beat sitting down to a good book.

rly now

last.fm  

Has anyone here actually finished reading Fifty shades of grey? Its like every housewives wet dream (going 2 kill myself) 

I read like 1 chapter of it before it blew up and it was kind of boring.

I just finished the first book, It's kinda cool, BUT you will get bored by the end. NO it's not a manual about bondage or rough sex, but it's cool to read, and it will give you some ideas.

It's nothing more than a book about passion and sex, written by a 40 yo woman,, with the most boring live. 

I'm going to read chapter 2 since it's a present, but oh well

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Not. At. All. :creep:

Fair enough then! I mean I liked it but I don't understand how it's a major influence on people tbh, like it was good not that good calm your ham

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

Fair enough then! I mean I liked it but I don't understand how it's a major influence on people tbh, like it was good not that good calm your ham

The main character (can't remember his name right now) is just really, really annoying.

Me neither, there are waaaay better books out there people should read in school, or whereever people read them.

last.fm