teethclick

Book Thread!

Scar Tissue, Biography of Anthony Kiedis :)

Started Loita, good book, great writer but I find it hard to follow, But maybe thats just me.

Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton

Wasted by Marya Hornbacher, read this book ageeeees ago, twice infact!

**Lolita

So busy cos I've just transferred to a new campus (this is the 3rd one). Got so many classes to go and books to read, luckily meet so many new awesome friends at the boarding school house. So I've just been reading compulsory textbooks and literature. Cos I'm broke as hole and can't even buy cocoa puffs, I wanna get that scholarship and my tutor taught me how to do it:

Majoring in Lanalogy at Lanaboards Uni, tbh.

3zD4V.jpg

cIHa1.jpg

Now, where are my fella students at? You guys see that Aussitalian gal? That jukebox sweetheart. What sorority is she in? Been tryin hard not to get into trouble, but I got a war in my mind. To stalk or not to stalk..

But, pale moonlit night tonight, fellas, you know what time it is.. put the Reydio on, creyzy go go dancin, fireworks and sparklers, gonna party like it's 1949.

Okay for srs. When I first learn how to read, I found a copy of Michael H. Hart - The 100, borrowed by my cousin from his campus library. I nicknamed it as Book of Inventors & Discoverers. I think it has a pretty long-lasting impact towards the way I learn things afterwards.

By chance, after reading Tolstoy - Alyosha The Pot in a youth-literary-magazine, I found Chekov. I'm a terrible reader who always skim, I have too short attention span that I couldn't even finish a booklet sometimes, let alone a full book or a novel. So when I found The Anthology of Anton Chekov's Short Stories, I knew that I will always treasure it. After all these years, I always go back to reminisce; me and my sibling, we used to sit, on afternoons on our attic stairs; take turns on reading the passages aloud. I couldn't yet find the time to rediscover it in my local library. Like (sonically) a good mixtape, even the order of the stories seemed like a great design by itself. It was only like 15-20 stories, can't really remember; the opener was Nincompoop and the last was The Devil's Shoemaker. They're like a bouquet, various with one correlating hue; some dark, some light, some hysterical, some sad. It literally extended my horizon beyond its finicky whining, appreciate in what life has given, try to give them meaning; finding the humor in horror, the wonder in macabre; harsh realities and of the joys in small quantities. I tried recollecting/remix the stories of his I found at Project Gutenberg, but can never compare to the book.

Another one similar to Chekov would be Maupassant, guy's hysterical.

Other than those, I'm sort of a compendium kinda person; encyclopedia, almanac, pictorial books, most generously illustrated books. Give me all kinds of kindergarten books with their wonderful colors, textures, sights, scents and sounds and I'll probably like it. That's why interwebz is such an endlessly fascinating thing to me. And comic books.

Ones that I'd really like to re-read are probably Boris Pasternak - Dr. Zhivago, either I misunderstood the book a lot, or the scriptwriter of the movie deviates from the book, I'd like to investigate, and also Franz Kafka - Metamorphosis. And despite having watched the movie, I still haven't got myself reading Lovely Bones given by a pal.

Now, what the heck did I just write? '_'

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I read the book a while ago, and it was just ok. Then I watched the movie, aaaand it was awful. Basically all the characters in the book/movie are annoying too. smh

I will literally ban you.

Oh, I am reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, after it I will read Eccentrics by David Weeks, then after it I'm reading As Vantagens de Ser Invisível (The Advantages of Being Invisible, in English) by someone I forgot.

I want to read Lolita too, and A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare soon.  :flutter:

Oh, I am reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, after it I will read Eccentrics by David Weeks, then after it I'm reading As Vantagens de Ser Invisível (The Advantages of Being Invisible, in English) by someone I forgot.

I want to read Lolita too, and A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare soon.  :flutter:

Lolita is definitly my favourite book. Vladimir Nabokov is a wonderfull author. I've read other books from him. But Lolita is my favourite. It has such a special writing style. :worship:

I read alot of M.C Beaton books.

Ive read them all but im just reading them all again for fun,

Some of the Agatha Raisin series

Some of the Hamish Macbeth series

The Six sisters series: Minerva, The Taming Of Annabelle, Deirdre And Desire.

Ive also read some Katie Fforde

Living Dangerously

Wild Designs

I fucking love reading.

lH7Zs6V.gif      

I'm thinking of ordering Lolita, I want to read the book before I watch the movie. Has anybody else read it, is it worth getting? 

I've read it and you must definitly read it.The book had really an impact on me. The beginning is wonderfull! The ending is a  bit sad but also beautiful in a way. Vladimir Nabokov is a great author with a very special writing style.

Finished The Lost Symbol today. It was an awesome read, one of the best books I've ever read, no doubt.

Ermahgerd, I love that book! I read it last summer and it's so good! I've been waiting for a movie ever since  :crying:

The part where Katherine is in the same dark room/corridor as Mal'akh is just so petrifying. I mean srsly, it almost gave me nightmares  :raven: 

EQFO7rX.png

Ermahgerd, I love that book! I read it last summer and it's so good! I've been waiting for a movie ever since  :crying:

The part where Katherine is in the same dark room/corridor as Mal'akh is just so petrifying. I mean srsly, it almost gave me nightmares  :raven: 

The book is perfect, seriously. A movie would be awesome. I have most of his books, but I haven't read them besides The Lost Symbol. And yes, not only that scene is petrifying, but many others. The scientific stuff there is awesome.