teethclick

Book Thread!

Someone help me, I just finished reading "Girl, Interrupted", and now I don't know what to read. I have to Choose between "The Grave Tattoo", "American Gods" or "Angles & Demons". HEEEELP

Angles & Demons :creep:

Never read any of them, but I know Neil Gaiman so go with that American Gods :P

My favorite series is Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Those books are my childhood and I will never stop loving them. They're so well written, and the story is so good. They got me through a lot of hard times. I've read the series in its entirety 3 times, they're full of great humor, emotion, mystery, idk just about everything you could think of. I wish they had continued the movies, they had the perfect cast.

Meryl Streep + Jim Carrey + Emily Browning = :legend:

I can't imagine how amazing the movies would have become if they'd continued them because the plot gets so much more interesting and really picks up towards the middle of the series. I could really talk about those books all day tbh.

My god holy shit a series of unfortunate events was my life, i have all 13 original books >.< LEMONY SNICKET RELEASED A NEW SERIES SIMILAR TO A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS, i want to read it so bad.. just cant remember the title -.-

and lolita of course, such a wonderful book, i also really love jane blonde and peter and the starcatchers

dlnh8i.gif

This summer, I read The Picture of Dorian Gray and it's the first book that I've read I actually really liked.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Ok, so I finished The Grave Tattoo tonight/yesterday night/whatever. This book was really good. A couple of time I almost threw the book out the window 'cause something happend in the book I was no huge fan of. I really liked how the book ended too, and when you found out a couple of things I was almost screaming "I KNEW IT" into thin air. If I need to say it once more, this book was really capturing. I think I read about 150 pages yesterday night.

last.fm  

I stopped reading when I went to college

Right? :defeated:

Trying to get into something during vacation. Got The Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon from my aunt and it's pretty good so far.

Right? :defeated:

Trying to get into something during vacation. Got The Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon from my aunt and it's pretty good so far.

I'm rereading Lolita and Memoirs of a Geisha over break while purchasing next semester's textbooks I won't be reading from

BzhmW.png

How does it compare to the TV series?

Okay, so I just finished it and there are just minor changes like Laguerta's first name (Migdia), she also dies in the first book. Deb doesn't have a romantic relationship with Brian. The 1st season of the show was more in depth when it came to Dexters past but understandable because the author would want the reader to want to know more about his past, therefore, have the desire to get the next one. The realtionship between Deb and Dex more detailed obviously but thats pretty much it. I did read that the show trails off the storyline after a couple of books though.

Okay, so I just finished it and there are just minor changes like Laguerta's first name (Migdia), she also dies in the first book. Deb doesn't have a romantic relationship with Brian. The 1st season of the show was more in depth when it came to Dexters past but understandable because the author would want the reader to want to know more about his past, therefore, have the desire to get the next one. The realtionship between Deb and Dex more detailed obviously but thats pretty much it. I did read that the show trails off the storyline after a couple of books though.

I remember reading the first 3 books after seeing a few eps of the TV series and really loved them outside of the TV series on their own merits. Started watching the show again recently and it's great, but I'd def recommend the books themselves as well

No, I want to!! I heard it is really good..they are making a movie and apparently reese witherspoon is playing the main character

A movie?! No way!! Yeah I love it so far. My sister forced this book onto me. I'm glad. Get it 4 reals when you have chance.