comeintomybedroom

Tinashe

What is it with her and working with people like Chris Brown and R Kelly

she has to work her way through the RCA scumbags until she gets the commercial success she deserves, it's in her contract

BzhmW.png

The Chris Brown version of Player is just the radio single, right? I'm thinking the solo version goes on the album.

I think we decided the only reason the solo exists is because certain radio stations have Chris Brown blacklisted. I have a feeling that is going to be the album version

“For me, the plan is world domination overall,” she told the audience at a special listening party for her upcoming album, Joyride. “But [with] Joyride, I’m really excited for people to get to know me. It was an introspective in a sense since I’m on a joyride right now.”

(...)

She may not have a bae by her side, but that doesn’t mean Tinashe isn’t writing about love. Her pen game is strong when it comes to the feels. “Fires and Flames” is “a nice little ballad” that will hit you straight in the heart. “It’s about being in an awkward situation when you’re with somebody, and they’re destructive. And you still want to be with them. It’s just a story that a lot of people can relate to. I definitely relate to it.”

“Prisoner” is a slow-burning, orchestral pop song produced by the Wolf Cousins, who are from the Max Martin crew in Sweden. Meanwhile “Fearless” is an uplifting track centered on not being afraid of taking risks and delving into the unknown. Then there’s “Flame,” a song about a girl who’s telling her man to just stay with her no matter what, even if he’s not into the relationship anymore. “Tell me you’ve still go the flame for me,” she sings on the chorus.

Tinashe had the opportunity to work with a number of her favorites for Joyride including Boi-1da, who she says is “such a genuine guy,” and Max Martin, who’s the force behind pop powerhouses like Britney Spears and Katy Perry. “Max Martin was so high on my list of people who I want to and got to work with,” she sai

(...)

Aside from talk about the album, she also discussed a person who is “one huge inspiration”: Janet Jackson. At the 2015 BET Awards in June, Tinashe, alongside Ciara and Jason Derulo, paid tribute to the “Rhythm Nation” singer. “She’s one huge inspiration,” she gushed. “I was personally invited to be part of her tribute, [and] just being a part of that was such an honor.”

Growing up on Janet’s iconic videos including “Rhythm Nation,” “If” and “Pleasure Principle,” Tinashe wants to reintroduce that aspect of performance back to the stage. “It’s so important for me to bring dance back into the conversation,” she explained.

Not only was she inspired by Janet’s moves, but “Touch Pass,” another song set to appear on Joyride, also has that “Janet vibe.” With piano melodies and continuous snapping dictating the rhythm, the song has a fluid yet sexy feeling to it — you’ll sway your hips in the same way Ms. Jackson would.

http://theboombox.com/tinashe-joyride-album-details/?trackback=tsmclip

Other titles include Anything Goes, Soul Glitch (produced by Dpat), Ghetto Boy (prod. by Dev Hynes) and Joyride (produced by Hit-Boy and Travis Scott)

“For me, the plan is world domination overall,” she told the audience at a special listening party for her upcoming album, Joyride. “But [with] Joyride, I’m really excited for people to get to know me. It was an introspective in a sense since I’m on a joyride right now.”

(...)

She may not have a bae by her side, but that doesn’t mean Tinashe isn’t writing about love. Her pen game is strong when it comes to the feels. “Fires and Flames” is “a nice little ballad” that will hit you straight in the heart. “It’s about being in an awkward situation when you’re with somebody, and they’re destructive. And you still want to be with them. It’s just a story that a lot of people can relate to. I definitely relate to it.”

“Prisoner” is a slow-burning, orchestral pop song produced by the Wolf Cousins, who are from the Max Martin crew in Sweden. Meanwhile “Fearless” is an uplifting track centered on not being afraid of taking risks and delving into the unknown. Then there’s “Flame,” a song about a girl who’s telling her man to just stay with her no matter what, even if he’s not into the relationship anymore. “Tell me you’ve still go the flame for me,” she sings on the chorus.

Tinashe had the opportunity to work with a number of her favorites for Joyride including Boi-1da, who she says is “such a genuine guy,” and Max Martin, who’s the force behind pop powerhouses like Britney Spears and Katy Perry. “Max Martin was so high on my list of people who I want to and got to work with,” she sai

(...)

Aside from talk about the album, she also discussed a person who is “one huge inspiration”: Janet Jackson. At the 2015 BET Awards in June, Tinashe, alongside Ciara and Jason Derulo, paid tribute to the “Rhythm Nation” singer. “She’s one huge inspiration,” she gushed. “I was personally invited to be part of her tribute, [and] just being a part of that was such an honor.”

Growing up on Janet’s iconic videos including “Rhythm Nation,” “If” and “Pleasure Principle,” Tinashe wants to reintroduce that aspect of performance back to the stage. “It’s so important for me to bring dance back into the conversation,” she explained.

Not only was she inspired by Janet’s moves, but “Touch Pass,” another song set to appear on Joyride, also has that “Janet vibe.” With piano melodies and continuous snapping dictating the rhythm, the song has a fluid yet sexy feeling to it — you’ll sway your hips in the same way Ms. Jackson would.

http://theboombox.com/tinashe-joyride-album-details/?trackback=tsmclip

Other titles include Anything Goes, Soul Glitch (produced by Dpat), Ghetto Boy (prod. by Dev Hynes) and Joyride (produced by Hit-Boy and Travis Scott)

I'm so hyped!

I hope some of the new LP is less pop-oriented and more like Amethyst. It's such a brilliant EP.

Do we know if Ritz Reynolds worked on this album? He worked on an Aquarius track or two and produced Wanderer and Just the Way I Like You from Amethyst.

I also hope they still plan on putting On a Wave (ft. Drake) on Joyride. The snippet we have is so incredible. 

So excited for most of the producers working on Joyride, actually. Dev Hynes, Dpat, Hit-Boy, Boi-1da, hopefully Ritz Reynolds. Even the Max Martin/Diplo tracks could be good with Tinashe's input. Dr. Luke is the only one that could be serious shit.

I also hope they still plan on putting On a Wave (ft. Drake) on Joyride. The snippet we have is so incredible. 

So excited for most of the producers working on Joyride, actually. Dev Hynes, Dpat, Hit-Boy, Boi-1da, hopefully Ritz Reynolds. Even the Max Martin/Diplo tracks could be good with Tinashe's input. Dr. Luke is the only one that could be serious shit.