Hundred Dollar Bill

Beach House

yessss, Drunk in LA was one of my favorites on the first listen and now i've grown to love it even more, its just SO GOOD

Drunk in LA, L'Inconnue and Dark Spring are definitely my top 3!!!

I’m coming to realize that the melodies on this album are some of their best, period. There is so much material on 7 that gets stuck in your head and I find my self singing these songs constantly.

Last Ride also is like... wow. Not enough chatter about this song. It brings me somewhere else entirely. They are so amazing at doing that. I’m obsessed.

H0bDaqU.gif

I'm gonna get dragged for this but there is literally no better setting to listen to Beach House than when you're in a car at night stoned

in a car AT THE BEACH... very important detail u were missing

I still haven’t listened to all of 7. Lol.

14417469274.gif

um why??????????? fix yourself

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Because they use the same fckin BPM for every song on every album at this point. I love them but I’m tired.... so tired that the same old dreamy shit is putting me to sleep.

:crossed:

plus I feel like they have gotten lazy with the mixing / mastering of their songs? The few I heard on 7 so far just sounded unfinished.

14417469274.gif

I feel like 7 is their most diverse album ever. You all just need to give it more time. Each song is different from the next but all come together to make a beautiful project. Dark Spring into Pay No Mind is a great example of this. Black Car is their most electronic song yet and it’s just literally pure enchantment. Dive continues to grow and bloom the entire four and a half minutes. Truly one of their most gorgeous and rewarding songs. Lose Your Smile is good old Beach House plus an acoustic guitar which equals such a warm sunny gorgeous song. They always kill it on closers, and Last Ride falls right into this category. I feel like riding off into the sunset to this forever. Also Lemon Glow??? This is what I believe to be one of their best songs ever and will likely be one of a few songs looked back at when people reference Beach House 10 years from now.

LISTEN TO 7 & APPRECIATE ALL THIS

H0bDaqU.gif

I feel like 7 is their most diverse album ever. You all just need to give it more time. Each song is different from the next but all come together to make a beautiful project. Dark Spring into Pay No Mind is a great example of this. Black Car is their most electronic song yet and it’s just literally pure enchantment. Dive continues to grow and bloom the entire four and a half minutes. Truly one of their most gorgeous and rewarding songs. Lose Your Smile is good old Beach House plus an acoustic guitar which equals such a warm sunny gorgeous song. They always kill it on closers, and Last Ride falls right into this category. I feel like riding off into the sunset to this forever. Also Lemon Glow??? This is what I believe to be one of their best songs ever and will likely be one of a few songs looked back at when people reference Beach House 10 years from now.

LISTEN TO 7 & APPRECIATE ALL THIS

FINE (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

lol I’m listening through right now, I just started. I don’t really like Dark Spring.. it’s really boring to me, but Pay No Mind is beautiful. 3 songs in and I see what you mean about diverse, but it’s still kind of all mellow & slow so far.

14417469274.gif

FINE (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

lol I’m listening through right now, I just started. I don’t really like Dark Spring.. it’s really boring to me, but Pay No Mind is beautiful. 3 songs in and I see what you mean about diverse, but it’s still kind of all mellow & slow so far.

It’s definitely a more laid back sound I suppose overall but I think there is a lot of subtle and awesome variety. Keep listening!

H0bDaqU.gif

It’s definitely a more laid back sound I suppose overall but I think there is a lot of subtle and awesome variety. Keep listening!

I can’t believe you didn’t mention Woo! That one was so beautiful & definitely my favorite. The synths are pretty great throughout the album. My favorites ended up being Woo, Black Car, & Pay No Mind. Last Ride was pretty good too, but it has nothing on their best closing tracks Days of Candy, Take Care, & Somewhere Tonight. (◡‿◡✿)

Overall it’s a nice album, it would probably fall somewhere in the middle for me if I ranked them all. I was disappointed with Depression Cherry at first too but it grew on me, so I’m sure 7 will do the same!

14417469274.gif

I can’t believe you didn’t mention Woo! That one was so beautiful & definitely my favorite. The synths are pretty great throughout the album. My favorites ended up being Woo, Black Car, & Pay No Mind. Last Ride was pretty good too, but it has nothing on their best closing tracks Days of Candy, Take Care, & Somewhere Tonight. (◡‿◡✿)

Overall it’s a nice album, it would probably fall somewhere in the middle for me if I ranked them all. I was disappointed with Depression Cherry at first too but it grew on me, so I’m sure 7 will do the same!

I’m screaming because this is so like us to have opposite opinions. Of course I think Woo is the weakest song on the album. Lmao.

But yeah i think it may be a grower of an album, a lot of Beach House stuff can be. Thank Your Lucky Stars is a great example of that too for me.

H0bDaqU.gif