Hundred Dollar Bill

Beach House

Bloom is really their only album that I like. How does the new album compare to it (I heard it leaked but I've been too busy to listen)? I didn't really enjoy Sparks but if you guys are saying its the oddball on the album do you think I'll enjoy it?

Yeah "Sparks" is not like the rest at all really. If you like Bloom, I personally think it's a really natural extension of it that you would enjoy. It is definitely similar sonically. Give it a listen. I also think you might enjoy Teen Dream, as it's very much in the same vein as Bloom.

H0bDaqU.gif

Yeah "Sparks" is not like the rest at all really. If you like Bloom, I personally think it's a really natural extension of it that you would enjoy. It is definitely similar sonically. Give it a listen. I also think you might enjoy Teen Dream, as it's very much in the same vein as Bloom.

I listened to Teen Dream a really long time ago (before hearing Bloom) and I wasn't really a fan. It's on my list to get to but right now I'm currently in love with Bloom so I'm having trouble deterring from it to get around to listening to all the new stuff that has leaked (Depression Cherry, new Mac Demarco album, & the new Tame Impala album)

I listened to Teen Dream a really long time ago (before hearing Bloom) and I wasn't really a fan. It's on my list to get to but right now I'm currently in love with Bloom so I'm having trouble deterring from it to get around to listening to all the new stuff that has leaked (Depression Cherry, new Mac Demarco album, & the new Tame Impala album)

Yeah definitely give it another chance, it's just as good as Bloom really and Depression Cherry might be even better than both. and this is all coming from the biggest stan of Bloom you'll meet.

H0bDaqU.gif

What's everyone's favorite from each album? Let's all participate

Beach House - House on the Hill

Devotion - Gila or Turtle Island? (still gotta listen to this album more)

Teen Dream - Used to Be

Bloom - The Hours

Depression Cherry - Days of Candy

H0bDaqU.gif

aw so glad you love the worst song on the record :oop:

reading this as im listening to Beyond Love just intensified my wokeness for it and reminded me when you officially decided Numbers was your worst song of fkas discography then came back and said it changed your life  :mj2:   

reading this as im listening to Beyond Love just intensified my wokeness for it and reminded me when you officially decided Numbers was your worst song of fkas discography then came back and said it changed your life :mj2:

I KNEW you would bring up "Numbers" omfg :lmao:

No hate - I love "Beyond Love" and "Numbers", there just has to be a worst!

"Numbers" is still arguably the worst in twigs officially released discography, although I have grown to REALLY love it.

H0bDaqU.gif

YAS some action! What are your fave albums/songs? :)

I've been on and off with them since the beginning of June and have only really been listening to Bloom. Eventually I'll explore more into their earlier work. I have the albums downloaded just not ready for them yet :(

I've been on and off with them since the beginning of June and have only really been listening to Bloom. Eventually I'll explore more into their earlier work. I have the albums downloaded just not ready for them yet :(

Ah I see. Well yeah just take your time and enjoy it. All 5 albums are really special and great.

H0bDaqU.gif

Well I respect your opinion, but I personaly think it might be better than Bloom

While I don't think Depression Cherry is bad, it just doesn't blow me away like Bloom does if you know what I mean. Everyone always told me to get into them by listening to Teen Dream and that it's their best album, but I could never get into it. Then I heard Other People on Pandora and was completely blown away. I looked up Bloom and listened to it and was in awe at the sheer beauty of it. To me there is nothing about Bloom that doesn't exceed exceptional. Lyrically the album is incredible, vocally Victoria is at her most emotive yet most controlled giving off this raw power but not in a volume sense, and the instrumentation is on a completely different level being driven by those incredibly gorgeous guitars giving the songs such a beautiful texture. Alone Beach House has tons of songs that achieve those aspects, however the magic in Bloom (for me) is that they're together on every song and all in perfect harmony, none overpowering each other but rather perfectly complimenting each other. 

I think Depression Cherry is great and it really grew on me but for me it just doesn't have the same magic that Bloom does. Depression Cherry is a fantastic album but it's more focused on the lyrical and vocal aspect (not a bad thing) and to me is trying a different approach for artistic growth. Just in my opinion I think of Bloom as an almost untouchable masterpiece and the pinnacle of dream-pop.