Hundred Dollar Bill

Beach House

While I don't think Depression Cherry is bad, it just doesn't blow me away like Bloom does if you know what I mean. Everyone always told me to get into them by listening to Teen Dream and that it's their best album, but I could never get into it. Then I heard Other People on Pandora and was completely blown away. I looked up Bloom and listened to it and was in awe at the sheer beauty of it. To me there is nothing about Bloom that doesn't exceed exceptional. Lyrically the album is incredible, vocally Victoria is at her most emotive yet most controlled giving off this raw power but not in a volume sense, and the instrumentation is on a completely different level being driven by those incredibly gorgeous guitars giving the songs such a beautiful texture. Alone Beach House has tons of songs that achieve those aspects, however the magic in Bloom (for me) is that they're together on every song and all in perfect harmony, none overpowering each other but rather perfectly complimenting each other.

I think Depression Cherry is great and it really grew on me but for me it just doesn't have the same magic that Bloom does. Depression Cherry is a fantastic album but it's more focused on the lyrical and vocal aspect (not a bad thing) and to me is trying a different approach for artistic growth. Just in my opinion I think of Bloom as an almost untouchable masterpiece and the pinnacle of dream-pop.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, Bloom is absolutely phenomenal and I think it may certainly be their magnum opus. It is also pretty much the perfect entry point for a new listener - the glimmering synths and huge sounds are just beyond sonically pleasing. I guess DP is the first Beach House album that I heard as it came out and because of that it's just special to me. The is sort of the first era of theirs that I've really been present for, as I became a fan some time way after Bloom initially dropped. I respect them a lot for continuing to mix it up while still keep a signature sound that is so true to them. Bloom is much more fun and bright and colorful, but DP is very brooding, thoughtful, and ethereal. They are basically like two different flavors of a food I really enjoy. Right now the new flavor tastes really good but who knows, maybe in time I'll realize the older flavor is my real preference. I just love them both so much. I think they are equally cohesive, just different.

H0bDaqU.gif

They added some new stuff on their website. They have a single finder which lets you pick 3 of your favorite songs and it generates a single from DC & If your going to see them live you could pick out 3 songs for their setlist! beachhousebaltimore.com

They added some new stuff on their website. They have a single finder which lets you pick 3 of your favorite songs and it generates a single from DC & If your going to see them live you could pick out 3 songs for their setlist! beachhousebaltimore.com

Yes, saw this! 

Also hunting for an HQ file of "Play the Game"... anyone have it? I have to buy that whole compilation on iTunes to get it...

and "Equal Mind" is on iTunes japan... I need that in HQ too :crying:

H0bDaqU.gif

Yes, saw this! 

Also hunting for an HQ file of "Play the Game"... anyone have it? I have to buy that whole compilation on iTunes to get it...

and "Equal Mind" is on iTunes japan... I need that in HQ too :crying:

in australian itunes they have play the game up for $2.19 i think...im juss gonna deal with the rips 

in australian itunes they have play the game up for $2.19 i think...im juss gonna deal with the rips 

NO I NEED IT :crying: If I get "Play the Game" and "Equal Mind" then I'll have every one of their songs in 256 or 320 (minus "This Must Be the Only Fantasy")

Do you have access to the AU store?

H0bDaqU.gif

NO I NEED IT :crying: If I get "Play the Game" and "Equal Mind" then I'll have every one of their songs in 256 or 320 (minus "This Must Be the Only Fantasy")

Do you have access to the AU store?

I have no access! Perhaps fellow Aussie members could help?

WHAT

CnBw0mC.png

Yeah unfortunately is was not included on the setlist creator on their website :( Here is a full list of songs officially released on one of the 5 albums that are NOT on the site, so therefore will probably not be heard during this tour:

Days of Candy

Troublemaker

Baby

Holy Dances

Some Things Last a Long Time

Home Again

Lovelier Girl

Heart and Lungs

Rain In Numbers

H0bDaqU.gif

Ah that sucks :( I just found out my date is on a Wednesday when I don't get out of class until 8pm sooooo so much for getting a good spot

I wanted to get my copy of Bloom on vinyl signed so bad (DC won't be out in time) I'm literally furious  :poordat: