TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

I've been listening to Kamasi Washington's album "The Epic" and there's one song on there that's a jazz standard cover "Cherokee" and from the way the female singer on that song sings it makes me think Lana would do well on the song, provided she had the correct jazz instrumentation (not those baseball stadoum synths)

smile.gif

the entirety of Screaming Tress discography - especially

and this one with Josh Homme (King of Fuck Mountain on guitar) please goddess let Lana be invited to the next Desert Sessions if there is one

ITT- plenty of Mark Lanegan solo mentions, so i second those for real. 

I would really love to hear Lana cover "Don't Cry for me Argentina"

I feel lyrically it really matches her personality.

"Don't Cry For Me Argentina"

[Eva:]

It won't be easy, you'll think it strange

When I try to explain how I feel

That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me

All you will see is a girl you once knew

Although she's dressed up to the nines

At sixes and sevens with you

I had to let it happen, I had to change

Couldn't stay all my life down at heel

Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun

So I chose freedom

Running around, trying everything new

But nothing impressed me at all

I never expected it to

[Chorus:]

Don't cry for me Argentina

The truth is I never left you

All through my wild days

My mad existence

I kept my promise

Don't keep your distance

And as for fortune, and as for fame

I never invited them in

Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired

They are illusions

They are not the solutions they promised to be

The answer was here all the time

I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Argentina

[chorus]

Have I said too much?

There's nothing more I can think of to say to you.

But all you have to do is look at me to know

That every word is true

the entirety of Screaming Tress discography - especially

What I like about the suggestion that LDR cover an entire album of some other artist is that would put the universe back into kilter, after the unsettling covering of Taylor Swift's 1989 by Ryan Adams. Screaming Trees is an interesting suggestion for an artist, but if it were only one album, would it be Sweet Oblivion (which has Dollar Bill)?

Also, as an alternative suggestion, let me suggest Ballet the Boxer 1 from OURS (and Jimmy Gnecco)? She'd have to sing full throttle (both emotionwise and powerwise) through a lot of it, and I wonder if she could do that. TBH, I wonder the same thing about Adele. 

What I like about the suggestion that LDR cover an entire album of some other artist is that would put the universe back into kilter, after the unsettling covering of Taylor Swift's 1989 by Ryan Adams. Screaming Trees is an interesting suggestion for an artist, but if it were only one album, would it be Sweet Oblivion (which has Dollar Bill)?

Also, as an alternative suggestion, let me suggest Ballet the Boxer 1 from OURS (and Jimmy Gnecco)? She'd have to sing full throttle (both emotionwise and powerwise) through a lot of it, and I wonder if she could do that. TBH, I wonder the same thing about Adele. 

yeah i guess i would have to say Sweet Oblivion, but i love so many songs from Last Words - i would love to hear her cover Crawlspace, Ash Gray Sunday and and and- i'll stop. 

oh very interesting, i like OURS that would be a challenge for her and her fandom would freak over more Jimmy Gnecco connections. 

i would also suggest Mark Lanegan's Bubblegum because Methamphetamine Blues, Hit the City and Wedding Dress would mesh with her aesthetic so well. 

Hmmm, I would love her to do a Björk song, but idk if Bachelorette is her speed. From Homogenic, I think she'd do Unravel or Joga justice. I was just listening to Biophilia and thought she could do a beautiful cover of Virus, one of my favs from that album.

smile.gif

This is the perfect song for Lana, tbh. And oh, no mo Nina covers. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kE3my5h74I

Yeah, I also thought about this. Would be a classic Lana-cover. Maybe in the style of her Y&B live performances.

5. Heart Shaped Sunglasses by Marilyn Manson

You could do a lot with this one, and she could go full Lolita on it too. I mean, if she ever wants to recreate that style of things. Since he mostly screamsings it, she could honestly go anywhere with the vocals. Also, the word "little girl".

"She said: kiss me, it will heal, but it won't forget."

tumblr_n98nr16CMx1rvrq85o2_400.gif

That would be hillarous!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!