Arthur

Lana Del Rey Confirms Initial Dates For Biggest Headlining North American Tour To Date: Endless Summer Tour

@ Off topic but your member title is funny. "Oldest LDR fan on LB" I have you beat by four months! HA HA! I have seen Lana three times in concert and each time, of course, I was the oldest person at the front of the line. I was probably older than some of the parents dropping off their kids at the show. It was an eye opener for me. 

@ Off topic but your member title is funny. "Oldest LDR fan on LB" I have you beat by four months! HA HA! I have seen Lana three times in concert and each time, of course, I was the oldest person at the front of the line. I was probably older than some of the parents dropping off their kids at the show. It was an eye opener for me. 

LOL, guess I'll have to change my title then... :)  Didn't think I'd find anyone else here in their 40s.  My wife is a few years older than I am, and when we were at the Hollywood Forever concert, she told me she went to the restroom and some security guard made a wisecrack about her being "a bit too old for this crowd," or something like that.  Kinda ticked her off.

LOL, guess I'll have to change my title then... :)  Didn't think I'd find anyone else here in their 40s.  My wife is a few years older than I am, and when we were at the Hollywood Forever concert, she told me she went to the restroom and some security guard made a wisecrack about her being "a bit too old for this crowd," or something like that.  Kinda ticked her off.

42 in January here.  :D I thought I was the only one in their 40s as well. It certainly seemed like it when I saw her in the spring as well! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

42 in January here.  :D I thought I was the only one in their 40s as well. It certainly seemed like it when I saw her in the spring as well! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

Wait, you're gonna be 42 this coming January? In that case, I have YOU beat! :) I turned 42 this past August. Or if you're already 42, then you have me beat by 7 months, not 4. ;)

Wait, you're gonna be 42 this coming January? In that case, I have YOU beat! :) I turned 42 this past August. Or if you're already 42, then you have me beat by 7 months, not 4. ;)

I will be, so you all have me beat. But only by a little. I'm just surprised there's more than one fart around here. ;)

@ @@SouthInGuy I will be 43 in April. Ha ha! You know, when she first came out and I went to my first show, I understood her demographic. I can't explain her appeal. I mean, her demographic appears to be 14 to 17 year old girls. I know that is a generalization but that seems to be the larger part of her demographic. I questioned what I felt in her music that young teenagers felt. For me, she is an old soul. Also, her work gets me in a retrospective area. I stopped questioning it because my admiration for her work is deep and real. Three concerts later, I am ready to see her again. Nice to see other guys my age. 

@@kik Not a pissing contest - just a comment on the reality that we are few and far between in Lana's world. 

@ @@SouthInGuy I will be 43 in April. Ha ha!

Ahh, OK, you win then. :)

You know, when she first came out and I went to my first show, I understood her demographic. I can't explain her appeal. I mean, her demographic appears to be 14 to 17 year old girls. I know that is a generalization but that seems to be the larger part of her demographic. I questioned what I felt in her music that young teenagers felt. For me, she is an old soul. Also, her work gets me in a retrospective area. I stopped questioning it because my admiration for her work is deep and real. Three concerts later, I am ready to see her again. Nice to see other guys my age.

Agreed! I've only been a fan of hers since last May. And that was due to being a fan of Lorde, of whom I've been a fan since April. She's also what you might call an "old soul." (Side note: Interesting that there is a lot of hate for Lorde around this forum, when both her demographic and Lana's are the same.) So far, I've only seen Lana live once, and that was in October at Hollywood Forever. But I've watched a lot of YouTube videos of her concerts, and I came to appreciate her appeal. I love the way she sings, I love how she doesn't use sex to sell herself (thought she's damned gorgeous), and I love the sound of her songs, especially the BTD/Paradise era. Like you, I'm glad to see I'm not the only older guy here. :)

Also, I misinterpreted a prior reply -- I thought it was @@buster saying he was 42 in January, but it was @@SouthInGuy. That's what happens when I read the messages on my phone. :)

@ The hate for Lorde by Lana fans is common. It's silly to me - I wish people could love the artists they love and leave the rest alone. I have never understood the need to verbally kick the shit out of an artist I wasn't a fan of. It happens in all genres - Madonna vs. Lady Gaga, Azealia Banks vs. Iggy Azalea, Whitney vs. Mariah - putting women up against each other is such a sexist thing. I don't get it so I don't subscribe to it. 

Heard Video Games in 2011 and I thought it was good but I didn't take to her right away. I saw Lana on SNL in January of 2012 and fell in love. Far from a perfect vocal performance, I felt the underdog in her. Been a fan ever since. 

Were you in the center or to the left or right of the stage? I was right of the center, but not too far right. Lana turned around and went back onstage literally a foot away from me. I took this picture of her signing stuff right before she went back:

2lsXLdT.jpg

As for the line, I got there at 6am with my brother and two friends and we waited together the whole day. That night after the show though we headed back down to Portland, so I got up at like 4:30am the day of the concert and had the valet people get my Volvo so I could go park it along a street by Safeco so I wouldn't have to move it later in the day. It worked out well though because that way I didn't have to pay for parking that way.

I remember in line there were a few blonde girls that showed up with lawn chairs shortly after we got there and were in line behind us— they were super nice and one of the showed me the set list on her phone. If I remember right, some of their friends showed up later in the afternoon, and one of the girls had seen Lana the night before in Vancouver(??) I think. We were pretty close to the front of the line— there were maybe four groups of people ahead of us. I remember a girl in a flower crown sitting in a lawn chair, and her group was in front of us. And I believe there was a guy in Lana drag at the VERY front (I think he slept there overnight actually).

And yeah, we were there when they gave out those "earlybird" raffle tickets (which, like you said, the afternoon staff didn't even know about when it came time to open the doors). I hated that venue to be honest, it seemed mismanaged, not to mention the inside is ugly as hell and had shitty acoustics— it's just a concrete warehouse basically.

It looks like this photo was taken from where I stood? Weird! 

Those weren't my fiends as we didn't have lawn chairs. The people around me were from Portland too. A very nice African American girl, and her friends. I saw the man up front as well, did he look kind of punk rock? I couldn't tell if her was in drag or just dressed up haha. Here: 

255oqdj.jpg

2lnd1xc.jpg

a4pytf.jpg

And I agree with you-WaMu sucks! She honestly could've soldout Key Arena. Or maybe played the amphitheater in Auburn. It was a pretty miserable experience.

Were you in the center or to the left or right of the stage? I was right of the center, but not too far right. Lana turned around and went back onstage literally a foot away from me. I took this picture of her signing stuff right before she went back:

2lsXLdT.jpg

As for the line, I got there at 6am with my brother and two friends and we waited together the whole day. That night after the show though we headed back down to Portland, so I got up at like 4:30am the day of the concert and had the valet people get my Volvo so I could go park it along a street by Safeco so I wouldn't have to move it later in the day. It worked out well though because that way I didn't have to pay for parking that way.

I remember in line there were a few blonde girls that showed up with lawn chairs shortly after we got there and were in line behind us— they were super nice and one of the showed me the set list on her phone. If I remember right, some of their friends showed up later in the afternoon, and one of the girls had seen Lana the night before in Vancouver(??) I think. We were pretty close to the front of the line— there were maybe four groups of people ahead of us. I remember a girl in a flower crown sitting in a lawn chair, and her group was in front of us. And I believe there was a guy in Lana drag at the VERY front (I think he slept there overnight actually).

And yeah, we were there when they gave out those "earlybird" raffle tickets (which, like you said, the afternoon staff didn't even know about when it came time to open the doors). I hated that venue to be honest, it seemed mismanaged, not to mention the inside is ugly as hell and had shitty acoustics— it's just a concrete warehouse basically.

Actually, now that I look closer 

jl191j.png

My yellow Polaroid camera is in this picture! This must have been just before she turned around to chat with me again. Sorry she didn't go down further to you :(

Actually, now that I look closer 

jl191j.png

My yellow Polaroid camera is in this picture! This must have been just before she turned around to chat with me again. Sorry she didn't go down further to you :(

Bahaha, we were super close to one another. I remember the African American girl in line too, she saw my brother smoking and came up to us and asked for a light. The drag guy was definitely punk rock, but before the show he got into a full getup with makeup, lipstick, and a flower crown. I remember him having his friend do some of his makeup before the show. 

Inside the venue, I remember there being an Australian guy with his girlfriend to my left, and then to the right of my brother and his girlfriend was this really cool girl from France who I talked to for awhile; she had seen Lana in Paris, and was living in Missoula (Montana) where she was going to school, and she had ridden a bus from there to Seattle to go to the show. She and I were getting vocally agitated with the people behind us, and there was a guy who kept ogling her from behind and she got pissed. The Australian guy and his girlfriend to my left were nice, but once I started getting ambushed by the group of girls behind me, I got really angry and was cursing up a storm and I think I might have scared them because they didn't talk to me after that. Lol.

Bahaha, we were super close to one another. I remember the African American girl in line too, she saw my brother smoking and came up to us and asked for a light. The drag guy was definitely punk rock, but before the show he got into a full getup with makeup, lipstick, and a flower crown. I remember him having his friend do some of his makeup before the show. 

Inside the venue, I remember there being an Australian guy with his girlfriend to my left, and then to the right of my brother and his girlfriend was this really cool girl from France who I talked to for awhile; she had seen Lana in Paris, and was living in Missoula (Montana) where she was going to school, and she had ridden a bus from there to Seattle to go to the show. She and I were getting vocally agitated with the people behind us, and there was a guy who kept ogling her from behind and she got pissed. The Australian guy and his girlfriend to my left were nice, but once I started getting ambushed by the group of girls behind me, I got really angry and was cursing up a storm and I think I might have scared them because they didn't talk to me after that. Lol.

The girl the Australian guy was with? Ah!! That's my friend Yasmin!! We have been friends since the Marina show in like early 2013. I met him too, I thought he was like her gay friend omg...I think I heard about the Paris girl but never met her. The people behind were pretty crazy. I was more mad at security for asking me to help, I told him "I paid for a ticket to see Lana Del Rey not to help" and he got super pissed...I obviously want to help people in pain but the security were such a shit show and kept stepping on my friend's hair and hurting her to pull the people out of the crowd. It wasn't the worst crowd ever, but the people being pulled over were honestly fine and should've walked to the back instead...

The girl the Australian guy was with? Ah!! That's my friend Yasmin!! We have been friends since the Marina show in like early 2013. I met him too, I thought he was like her gay friend omg...I think I heard about the Paris girl but never met her. The people behind were pretty crazy. I was more mad at security for asking me to help, I told him "I paid for a ticket to see Lana Del Rey not to help" and he got super pissed...I obviously want to help people in pain but the security were such a shit show and kept stepping on my friend's hair and hurting her to pull the people out of the crowd. It wasn't the worst crowd ever, but the people being pulled over were honestly fine and should've walked to the back instead...

Omg the whole security/crowd issue was so annoying, and the girls behind me were such brats. I was just like, "Look girls, I'm 23 years old— I paid for my own ticket, the gas to get here, and for my hotel room, AND I waited for 12 hours to be in the front, so no, I'm not moving for you. Sorry." They went mad though after that and were smacking and kicking me throughout the show, and whenever I'd push back they would throw a fit and act like I was abusing them, and then have the audacity to ask me to "be kind" to them. Lol. At one point they asked for security to kick us out, but the security knew the situation because one of the guys came up to me at one point and was like "Just be the bigger person, man," meanwhile as they were clawing at my back and trying to kick my knees out. 

So the Australian guy wasn't her boyfriend? I just assumed because they seemed like a couple to me— in fact, I think I saw them kissing in line earlier in the day— but I don't always have the greatest gaydar so I could have been wrong(??) They both were nice but I think I made them uncomfortable because I was NOT being nice to the people behind me. Haha, oh well. It was just a high adrenaline situation. I would've been totally cool if those girls had been a bit more cooperative with me, but they just wouldn't give it up with the kicking, pinching, and slapping and whatnot.

Omg the whole security/crowd issue was so annoying, and the girls behind me were such brats. I was just like, "Look girls, I'm 23 years old— I paid for my own ticket, the gas to get here, and for my hotel room, AND I waited for 12 hours to be in the front, so no, I'm not moving for you. Sorry." They went mad though after that and were smacking and kicking me throughout the show, and whenever I'd push back they would throw a fit and act like I was abusing them, and then have the audacity to ask me to "be kind" to them. Lol. At one point they asked for security to kick us out, but the security knew the situation because one of the guys came up to me at one point and was like "Just be the bigger person, man," meanwhile as they were clawing at my back and trying to kick my knees out. 

So the Australian guy wasn't her boyfriend? I just assumed because they seemed like a couple to me— in fact, I think I saw them kissing in line earlier in the day— but I don't always have the greatest gaydar so I could have been wrong(??) They both were nice but I think I made them uncomfortable because I was NOT being nice to the people behind me. Haha, oh well. It was just a high adrenaline situation. I would've been totally cool if those girls had been a bit more cooperative with me, but they just wouldn't give it up with the kicking, pinching, and slapping and whatnot.

No he was her boyfriend! I just was surprised because I thought he was their gay friend. I totally understand, that crowd sucked. It wasn't the most unpleasant or violent show I had been to-the people around me were very nice, but I heard some stories! I would never try to cut people in line or something, I understand holding spots for friends or letting someone tiny squeeze in, but once everyone is inside and front row there's nothing you can do. 

No he was her boyfriend! I just was surprised because I thought he was their gay friend. I totally understand, that crowd sucked. It wasn't the most unpleasant or violent show I had been to-the people around me were very nice, but I heard some stories! I would never try to cut people in line or something, I understand holding spots for friends or letting someone tiny squeeze in, but once everyone is inside and front row there's nothing you can do. 

There's nothing that drives me crazier than people who think they're entitled to be front row, for whatever reason. I went to see a pretty big independent band recently, and my friends and I waited about two hours before doors opened, made some new friends, and we all got front row. These short women came up to the front after the support band, and tried to push through, calling us assholes for not letting short people through. IMO, the only thing that entitles you to the front is being there first. (And I've been to lots of shows with girlfriends and my sister, all of whom count as short women, and we've gotten to the front by taking time off work and waiting.)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png