Arthur

Lana Del Rey Confirms Initial Dates For Biggest Headlining North American Tour To Date: Endless Summer Tour

Livenation is telling everyone on twitter today that no code is needed for the VIP presales. Still no idea what the FB presale is! And there are VIP presale dates, and VIP general sale dates. But with no password I'm not sure what the point of a presale is?

I feel conflicted. I love that she's touring again, but at the same time I'm nervous about her coming to Paris. I mean, I hope she chooses a big venue (not Olympia, PLEASE) otherwise no show for me (the site will probably crash and tickets will be sold out in minutes. I was at the front row on the two times I saw her and I always get nervous about it lel (will I be there or not?)

EotAQlJ.jpg

VIP package details..no prices that I can find yet.

Interesting, I thought the tickets were being sold through Livenation, not Ticketmaster.

Soo it seems like you don't get to meet Lana with the VIP. I don't really see the point of getting it because it's behind the GA pit...

From reading what the VIP offers, here's the advantage I see: It says you get early admission before the doors open for "regular" ticket holders. Thus, you could get in early and find a spot at the front of the pit, since there are no seats in that area. And if you can't get a spot, or if you get tired of being up there, you have a guaranteed seat 1-2 rows behind the pit. 

The fact that I'm putting more effort into this than my grad school applications.

:omfg: :giggle:

Interesting, I thought the tickets were being sold through Livenation, not Ticketmaster.

From reading what the VIP offers, here's the advantage I see: It says you get early admission before the doors open for "regular" ticket holders. Thus, you could get in early and find a spot at the front of the pit, since there are no seats in that area. And if you can't get a spot, or if you get tired of being up there, you have a guaranteed seat 1-2 rows behind the pit. 

Yeah the Ticketmaster thing is confusing because if you click on their links to the individual shows it takes you to Livenation where the sale will take place.

And I don't think you get a pit ticket and a seat behind? It seems to be one or the other. Pit, row 1-12, or row 13-24. ? The advantage of getting in early is to beat the 20,000 other people trying to get in! 

The seats will be separated from the pit. You will need a wristband to get into the pit. Nope.

Yeah the Ticketmaster thing is confusing because if you click on their links to the individual shows it takes you to Livenation where the sale will take place.

Yeah, that's what I saw, too.

And I don't think you get a pit ticket and a seat behind? It seems to be one or the other. Pit, row 1-12, or row 13-24. ? The advantage of getting in early is to beat the 20,000 other people trying to get in!

The seats will be separated from the pit. You will need a wristband to get into the pit. Nope.

Thanks for setting me straight on that. As you can probably tell, I haven't gone to many concerts, and I've never been in the pit before. No wristbands were required at Hollywood Forever, but they didn't have a real "pit", it was just the area in front of the stage. There were no seats at that venue; just grass.

In that case, forget the VIP, I'll just get GA Pit tickets and get there really early!

I don't think it works that way. If they did it that way there wouldn't be enough room for GA pit ticket buyers.

@sharndpx I understand your concerns as I have been in the front for many other concerts but none of the artists had the same fame as Lana now has. Can we message each other about concerns I have? Thank you so much for that long reply. I actually have read your Seattle post many times and that is beyond brutal. I'm a mature senior in high school who is 5'10 and my dad is 6 feet with a bodyguard build.

Is it really worth it even trying to be in the pit just to feel that experience? Sorry If I still come off ignorant. I have been trying to see Lana since she was singing in clubs. I failed to see her El Rey Theater shows, I was grounded when her shrine auditorium show happened so I found out too late, I have no money for coachella, and my religious parents refused to let me see her in Hollywood forever cemetery. I know this is everybody's dream on lanaboards, but I have had multiple Internet friends who have braced the GA PIT and given Lana fan books, kisses, roses, and they all got their swellfies and autographs. Even more to make me jealous they claimed that their GA pits were calm since they saw her on the east coast in 2013. I know this is going off topic from this new tour, but I would truly feel like shit if I didn't have the same equal opportunity that these friends have had. And as if skipping prom for Lana wasn't conflicting enough (I am going to enjoy her show regardless) I will actually be on a school field trip when the presale is released on thursday!

I am so glad that Sleep Country Amphitheater is seated. Seriously.

I seriously wouldn't recommend the GA pit, especially if you are of small stature or don't do well in crowds. I saw Lana in Seattle this past May, and it was the most violent concert experience I've ever had. I had braced myself for it because I'd heard her shows were bad, but it was a pain in the ass. I waited with my friends for twelve hours outside before showtime because I was gonna be damned if I didn't get front row. The waiting was worth it and we all got front row, but I could barely concentrate on the show because I was trying to shove rabid tween girls off of me the entire time. The crowd was absolutely psychotic, and there was a group of girls behind me who were mad that my brother and our two female friends were in front of them, so they made it their personal mission to kick the backs of my knees, throw water on me, spit on me, pinch my ribcage, and try to climb over me in order to get in the front. My brother and I are both over six feet tall so they didn't stand a goddamned chance, but besides that, we waited from 6 in the morning to get front row— i.e. we earned it, and they didn't.

Honestly though, I saw at least 30 girls get pulled out of the crowd by security throughout the show, and quite a few of them were unconscious. It was so bad that after the opening act they had to turn the house lights on and threatened to stop the show if the audience didn't calm down. I believe this is why she's moving to amphitheaters; smaller venues simply can't accommodate the demand, and not only that, the shows are out of control and bursting at the seams with chaos. The Seattle venue this past May was maximum 5,000 people; the Sleep Country Amphitheater in Ridgefield, WA is 18,000 in comparison. It's not only able to accommodate her fanbase in Portland/Seattle, but it's also SAFE because it's seated. 

Because of the utter hell I experienced the first time, I wouldn't be interested in seeing Lana live again if it weren't for the fact that Courtney Love is opening and I am a diehard Hole fan. I read about their tour announcement this morning and it seemed so bizarre that I literally thought I was dreaming— it almost seems like it's tailor made for my music taste. I'm a much bigger fan of Courtney than I am of Lana, but I love them both dearly, so it's a double billing to die for as far as I'm concerned.

Hm..

I was front row and center (a few people to the right) at that show and I didn't think it was too bad. There was lots of pushing but I expected that at a GA show after seeing acts like Marina. It wasn't quite as dramatic honestly. 

On twitter, the promoter (evenko for Montreal) says the Facebook pre-sale passcode will show on Lana's Facebook page.

Fuck I want to assist both Toronto and Montreal concert. I WANNA SEE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

@@DrunkBeautyQueen only if you buy the "silver package" from live nation. Gold gives you first row in the seats behind GA PIT. bronze gives you first ten row seats behind GA PIT. I know this is really sophisticated but I know they're trying to avoid the chaos of all the general admission shows back on the earlier tour this year. I need to experience that pit too

@@DrunkBeautyQueen only if you buy the "silver package" from live nation. Gold gives you first row in the seats behind GA PIT. bronze gives you first ten row seats behind GA PIT. I know this is really sophisticated but I know they're trying to avoid the chaos of all the general admission shows back on the earlier tour this year. I need to experience that pit too

Actually, Gold gets you first 12 rows behind the GA pit. Silver is GA IN FRONT of the rows. Bronze is rows 13-20 rows.

Hm..

I was front row and center (a few people to the right) at that show and I didn't think it was too bad. There was lots of pushing but I expected that at a GA show after seeing acts like Marina. It wasn't quite as dramatic honestly. 

Seriously dude? Why would I dramatize it? You can ask the three people who were with me. I had a gaggle of teenage girls (all of whom I believe were together as a group) who were trying to maul and pick a fight with me the ENTIRE time. When I pushed back at them after they were kicking and thrashing at me, they tried to yell for the security guards to have me thrown out. It really made the show hard to enjoy.

Given the fact that Lana's music is so languid, it was kind of absurd how rabid the crowd was. Period.

I was front row at the far right (she stopped and turned around to go back onstage just a few people over from us when she came down to sign stuff and take pictures). I've been to big music festivals before and been in mosh pits in stadiums and I would liken my experience at the Seattle concert to that. It was the same level of energy and insanity, except at other events I've been to, the people were actually NICE. The people at the Lana show by and large were spoiled teenage brats with fuckin' nasty attitudes.