Arthur

Lana Del Rey Confirms Initial Dates For Biggest Headlining North American Tour To Date: Endless Summer Tour

Is she finally coming back to Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!????? plzzzz goddd

10911635.gif

This would change my life, because I would be compelled to travel the country to see as many shows as possible, and to be that creepy guy at every show staring at her. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

This would change my life, because I would be compelled to travel the country to see as many shows as possible, and to be that creepy guy at every show staring at her. 

Its funny because last time she came here the only person I knew who liked her was my best friend so we saw her together. Now if she comes back, so many more people I know are into her so i'll prob go a couple times to her shows.

Seriously dude? Why would I dramatize it? You can ask the three people who were with me. I had a gaggle of teenage girls (all of whom I believe were together as a group) who were trying to maul and pick a fight with me the ENTIRE time. When I pushed back at them after they were kicking and thrashing at me, they tried to yell for the security guards to have me thrown out. It really made the show hard to enjoy.

Given the fact that Lana's music is so languid, it was kind of absurd how rabid the crowd was. Period.

I was front row at the far right (she stopped and turned around to go back onstage just a few people over from us when she came down to sign stuff and take pictures). I've been to big music festivals before and been in mosh pits in stadiums and I would liken my experience at the Seattle concert to that. It was the same level of energy and insanity, except at other events I've been to, the people were actually NICE. The people at the Lana show by and large were spoiled teenage brats with fuckin' nasty attitudes.

Maybe for attention? I mean, I got shoved around a lot. There were many girls who tried to cut in line. Lots of people got pulled over the barricade. But honestly I see that at every show. At Lily Allen a 30 year old overweight British woman told a bunch of tweens she was going to cut them in line...its just how GA floor shows are. It wasn't that bad. I expected the One Direction-esque crowd. That's who Lana listeners are. 

I was front row and center (a few people to the right) at that show and I didn't think it was too bad. There was lots of pushing but I expected that at a GA show after seeing acts like Marina. It wasn't quite as dramatic honestly.

At Hollywood Forever, even though it wasn't a real "pit," the people at the front were pretty well-behaved. I'm thinking the Seattle experience was the exception rather than the rule.

@@DrunkBeautyQueen only if you buy the "silver package" from live nation. Gold gives you first row in the seats behind GA PIT. bronze gives you first ten row seats behind GA PIT. I know this is really sophisticated but I know they're trying to avoid the chaos of all the general admission shows back on the earlier tour this year. I need to experience that pit too

I looked at the VIP packages again just now. Looks to me like Silver VIP is the way to go if you want to be in the pit. You get a GA Pit ticket AND early entrance!

This is my life, except I've got my grad school applications pretty much finished.

Even though I never went to grad school, I'm soooo glad those days are behind me!! (I graduated college with my bachelor's in 1998.)

Do we still not know if more NA dates will be added? If not, I'm really tempted to try to go to the Illinois show. Since it's on a Saturday, I could probably arrange for someone to babysit my son overnight. Like, I have $0 until next Friday, but I'd probably be irresponsible and buy tickets with the credit card if this is my only chance to see her. :deadbanana:

spacesigh.jpg

Do we still not know if more NA dates will be added? If not, I'm really tempted to try to go to the Illinois show. Since it's on a Saturday, I could probably arrange for someone to babysit my son overnight. Like, I have $0 until next Friday, but I'd probably be irresponsible and buy tickets with the credit card if this is my only chance to see her. :deadbanana:

More dates are supposed to be announced!

Seriously dude? Why would I dramatize it? You can ask the three people who were with me. I had a gaggle of teenage girls (all of whom I believe were together as a group) who were trying to maul and pick a fight with me the ENTIRE time. When I pushed back at them after they were kicking and thrashing at me, they tried to yell for the security guards to have me thrown out. It really made the show hard to enjoy.

Given the fact that Lana's music is so languid, it was kind of absurd how rabid the crowd was. Period.

I was front row at the far right (she stopped and turned around to go back onstage just a few people over from us when she came down to sign stuff and take pictures). I've been to big music festivals before and been in mosh pits in stadiums and I would liken my experience at the Seattle concert to that. It was the same level of energy and insanity, except at other events I've been to, the people were actually NICE. The people at the Lana show by and large were spoiled teenage brats with fuckin' nasty attitudes.

I had the exact same experience. People were trampled and passing out and being dragged over the barricade. The line wrapped around three Atlanta city blocks. If you moved at all from your spot on the floor people were rude as fuck and felt entitled to stand closer because they'd been a fan for longer. Some mother called me a faggot freak because she brought her FOUR 12 year old daughters to the floor and said she didn't want to be touched. She almost fought a black girl that missed school and drove all the way from Charlotte to see Lana. I flagged security down and got them removed but I was like :wtf:

BzhmW.png

Maybe for attention? I mean, I got shoved around a lot. There were many girls who tried to cut in line. Lots of people got pulled over the barricade. But honestly I see that at every show. At Lily Allen a 30 year old overweight British woman told a bunch of tweens she was going to cut them in line...its just how GA floor shows are. It wasn't that bad. I expected the One Direction-esque crowd. That's who Lana listeners are. 

By saying the people there were assholes? Mkay. 

I had the exact same experience. People were trampled and passing out and being dragged over the barricade. The line wrapped around three Atlanta city blocks. If you moved at all from your spot on the floor people were rude as fuck and felt entitled to stand closer because they'd been a fan for longer. Some mother called me a faggot freak because she brought her FOUR 12 year old daughters to the floor and said she didn't want to be touched. She almost fought a black girl that missed school and drove all the way from Charlotte to see Lana. I flagged security down and got them removed but I was like :wtf:

Glad someone can corroborate this for me. Emmet is passive-aggressively trying to make me sound like a drama queen (either that or trying to make himself sound tough). I have a friend in Chicago who had the same kind of experience at her show.

I've been to hardcore punk shows and stadium concerts and the Lana show still had the most obnoxious crowd I've ever seen. I once saw a triple-bill of Rise Against, Hole, and Weezer in a stadium, and the moshpits there were more tolerable than the insanity at the Lana show— the people at the Lana show not only were aggressive, but they were mean spirited. Also never been to a show where they had to turn on the house lights and threaten to end the concert because it was that unsafe.

Maybe it's just teenage hormones run amok, or maybe it's because I'm not used to the vacuous and rabid tween crowds at Kesha and One Direction shows because I don't go see that shit.

Although I already said I have been a Lana fan since early 2012 and I'm still in high school, I in no way am trying to provoke arguments about the shows. I have read many of the concert experiences posted here and I agree that people should not be so brutal. I want to be aware of just how much physical safety risk I may be getting myself into. I've been bullied before for liking Lana back when she wasn't well liked, so I hope no one here holds anything against me. We have yet to see if the Tumblr flower crown people will disappear and if the seats will calm the majority of these future crowds down.