MermaidMotelle

Where Do You See Lana?

Sometimes I do a double-take just hanging around because I think that someone or something is Lana Del Rey... and it isn't.

For example, tonight I was looking up dress patterns because I sew, and I found this one:

il_570xN.689560675_8tha.jpg

I had just been watching the Ride video, and for a moment I thought the girl in blue was Lana. It's obviously not. But for a split second there...

Has anyone else ever had this experience? Where do you see Lana? 

Thanks  :kiss:

Also known as BlueAsJeans on AltBoardsDoes-The-Body-Rule2.pngtiny.png

Letter B screams Lana to me 

hmm I haven't "seen" her like that yet

*laughs loudly*

*thinks about using a gif to respond but doesn't because she's not sure if that will annoy people fast*

Well, let me know if you do :P  :smile:

Sometimes I do a double-take just hanging around because I think that someone or something is Lana Del Rey... and it isn't.

For example, tonight I was looking up dress patterns because I sew, and I found this one:

il_570xN.689560675_8tha.jpg

I had just been watching the Ride video, and for a moment I thought the girl in blue was Lana. It's obviously not. But for a split second there...

Has anyone else ever had this experience? Where do you see Lana? 

Thanks  :kiss:

The one in pink looks just like this:

post-1-0-53385400-1351616798.jpg

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Sometimes when I am watching a 70's or early 80's movie, a character or just the way of speaking/dressing/behaving of a particular actress reminds me of Lana. The "girl next door" or American babe type usually. But sometimes is just my fertile imagination really...

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

In one of the kindergartens I work, there was a picture of Aurora from the Disney adaption of Sleeping Beauty, and she reminded me of Lanz for some reason (only on this one certain drawing)

:toofunny:

I know you... I walked with you once upon a dream... ;)

This woman is literally in almost "every" aspect of my life. Ready for how weird it is?

- When I was younger, I had to visit my mom in rehab in Del Ray Beach, florida (lana's name inspo came from Del Ray beach after meeting a boyfriend who was in rehab there)

- My ex and I met at Mulberry in NYC....I was there because I wanted to see the "Del Rey" bag collection. 

- My family has a home in the same community as Rob and Patty in Florida (no, I have never met Lana..yes, I have seen Rob..we have chatted about how our families names are super similar...see below)

- My eyebrow woman in my city used to do Lana's brows (I didn't know this til way after I had been using her)

- My name is Caroline, my mothers name is Elizabeth, and my brother's name is Robert (stretch, but....)

- My current boyfriend is a photographer and lives in NYC...we started dating around the same time that Lana/Francesco started. He lives in the same neighborhood as Francesco (SoHo)

- Way before any photos had been released of Lana staying with Francesco in NYC, I went into a cafe (its close to my bf's apartment) and asked for a latte, but wanted a straw with it (I've been drinking hot beverages with straws for ages). The waitress laughed and told me I was the second woman that morning who had asked for a straw with a latte...later found out Lana had been in there 30 minutes prior. 

You can't make this shit up. I'm just waiting for the day where I happen to run into Lana. 

This woman is literally in almost "every" aspect of my life. Ready for how weird it is?

- When I was younger, I had to visit my mom in rehab in Del Ray Beach, florida (lana's name inspo came from Del Ray beach after meeting a boyfriend who was in rehab there)

i've never heard that one b4. got a source? my fav theory was that it's an amalgamation of lana turner and the ford del rey; two american icons. but honestly she changes her story a lot so who knows.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

i've never heard that one b4. got a source? my fav theory was that it's an amalgamation of lana turner and the ford del rey; two american icons. but honestly she changes her story a lot so who knows.

I can't remember where I read it, but yes, somewhere in print is a quote of her saying that she heard of Delray for the first time while in florida and visiting a bf in recovery. It was from maybe circa 2011/2012? Her story does tend to change every 5 minutes though, so who knows. I always just found that interesting and think of it whenever I'm driving in Florida and see signs for Delray.