ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Well, I don't care what you think about charting but I'm talking for my own experiences on artist I like and I DON'T want Lana to be mainstream. I'm happy to know she can make good quality Pop music but that's NOOOOT all I wanna hear, over and over during the same album. I know for sure she will chart with some of the Mark Robson tracks but I'm not expecting to hear the same song with another titles and different lyrics a during Honeymoon. I wanna hear something different while the rest of the world is listening to the charted track.

I'm aware she needs to promote herself but she doesn't need to be a promo-whore. Eventually she can play epic performances, acoustic versions or nice arranged songs like Ride or that Born To Die version on BBC Radio5. Of course being supported by a great video, with a nice theme. Im not happy with the UV iphone video, but thats her essence isn't? That's what she used to do when she wasn't famous.

I need to see the cover for this album. I hope she keeps the official font and the frontal picture of herself. The rest visual art, I don't care.

And fuck you to anyone who compares Lana to Taylor Swift, you should be fucked by something bigger than a whale and die…

Do we know if she has a mental illness though? Having several myself, I relate to some situations she has been in. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't excuse shitty behaviours at all, I probably would be immensely pissed if she cancelled on me without valid reason, but it at least explain. I recall her mentioning that doctors haven't been able to diagnose her or something like that. I always wonder what's the part of truth and the part of romance. Is she really sick, or does she like to think she is, for marketing or artistic reasons, etc? I know it's a question long debated, and I do believe she's genuine, but after reading the Rolling Stones interview on here Dublin's Video Games performance, and after hearing in the Versailles interview that she first and foremost does things for herself, I am strongly concerned with what direction she's heading. On one hand I immensely enjoy her music and would love her to make some until I die, and the other hand I lover her to death and want her happiness before everything. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure these two notions are compatible these days. 

She suffers from Morgellons disease

@@LittleFool -

John Lennon threw up before he performed, he had a fear of the stage, Carly Simon does too, especially in her hit making days.

Brian Wilson spent 2 decades away from the stage and preferred the studio.

I think other artists over time are going to have #1 hits with Lana's songs, and I also think Lana will get billing on some major hits that use her lyrics from her.

Now that Marvin Gaye's estate won their lawsuit and now that Bruno Mars/Mark Ronson's song recently without a lawsuit added 5 new songwriters to the credits, I think we are going to start seeing in the next five to ten years,

Lana winning a lot of awards as songwriter and eventually being in the Songwriter hall of fame, which includes not only recent people, but songwriters from every single era in music. While not as flashy as the Rock hall, in some ways just as or more important.

I for one am happy for the chance 13 months later to see another tour, and a new album in the works.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Maybe? maybe from stress, but if she has something she needs to addresses it imo

Well not really, if she has some sort of mental illness it's nobody else's business imo. However, she shouldn't make promises she can't keep.

I just sometimes can't with some Lana stans, srsly. The definition of delusional. Lana is a not a well-respected artist and regardless what she does, she won't be for the years to come.

Commercial success is the only thing that keeps her afloat.

Times have changed so much in the music industry. The situation these days is not compareable to the one from 30, 40 or 50 years ago and Lana is still ridin on her BTD success, so she still gets a chance to work with a producer like Mark Ronson. 

Oh, one day before tour, no tweets, no message on Instagram, nothing. As uneventful as it gets. And the setlist will most-likely be as uneventful as always.

I just sometimes can't with some Lana stans, srsly. The definition of delusional. Lana is a not a well-respected artist and regardless what she does, she won't be for the years to come.

Times have changed to much in the music industry. The situation these days is not compareable to the one from 30, 40 or 50 years ago and Lana is still ridin on her BTD success, so she still gets a chance to work with a producer like Mark Ronson. 

Oh, one day before tour, no tweets, no message on Instagram, nothing. As uneventful as it gets. And the setlist will most-likely be as uneventful as always.

ive never hit the like button so hard before

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Well not really, if she has some sort of mental illness it's nobody else's business imo. However, she shouldn't make promises she can't keep.

Hum yeah actually in the end I agree and I may have stepped too far into her privacy (even though my intentions were genuine), but I don't really know how to express it well but if it goes in the way of things that concern us like waiting at concerts etc it's a bit of our business no? Because we're the one buying the music in the end so there's more than just mere emotional baggage involved? Is that what you're saying with promises she can't keep?

ZKcaooE.png

Hum yeah actually in the end I agree and I may have stepped too far into her privacy (even though my intentions were genuine), but I don't really know how to express it well but if it goes in the way of things that concern us like waiting at concerts etc it's a bit of our business no? Because we're the one buying the music in the end so there's more than just mere emotional baggage involved? Is that what you're saying with promises she can't keep?

Just so you know, I didn't mean to criticize you (or anybody else for that matter) for speculating about whether or not she might have some mental illness. I was just opposing the idea that she needs to speak openly about it if she does. And yes, I meant that she shouldn't book shows or other events if she isn't feeling well enough to go through with them. Mental illness or not, that's just really rude and selfish regardless.

in the end, she makes it seem like she is so bored of it all which goes perfectly well with the stereotypes and misconceptions of her created by those who hate her.

she is like playing into their cards and she has quite a lot of these devoted haters. Within the music industry, writers and music-buyers.

Even Katy Perry or Rihanna make it look like they are more excited about what they do than her, which is a shame.

in the end, she makes it seem like she is so bored of it all which goes perfectly well with the stereotypes and misconceptions of her created by those who hate her.

she is like playing into their cards and she has quite a lot of these devoted haters. Within the music industry, writers and music-buyers.

Even Katy Perry or Rihanna make it look like they are more excited about what they do than her, which is a shame.

i really hate hot some lana stans act like she's a paragon + timeless icon in the music industry like.....ppl are not going to remember her in 20+ years on the same level as artists like Elvis or John Lennon or Whitney Houston. 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i really hate hot some lana stans act like she's a paragon + timeless icon in the music industry like.....ppl are not going to remember her in 20+ years on the same level as artists like Elvis or John Lennon or Whitney Houston. 

they won't if she keeps going like she is since UV. If she manages to step out and deliver proper eras, she has a great chance of having a very, very long and successful career.

It's up to her.

Just so you know, I didn't mean to criticize you (or anybody else for that matter) for speculating about whether or not she might have some mental illness. I was just opposing the idea that she needs to speak openly about it if she does. And yes, I meant that she shouldn't book shows or other events if she isn't feeling well enough to go through with them. Mental illness or not, that's just really rude and selfish regardless.

Oh ok thank you for explaining I understand better! And I agree :)

ZKcaooE.png

Times have changed so much in the music industry. The situation these days is not compareable to the one from 30, 40 or 50 years ago and Lana is still ridin on her BTD success, so she still gets a chance to work with a producer like Mark Ronson. 

tumblr_nbo4xloS6m1ql5yr7o1_r1_250.gif well this topic took a sharp turn

Yes very much agree with this. very true. :)  Also, i think we really have a hell of a lot of artists (female) today- then ever before, creating huge popularity in music.

Some amazing ones, as well as some gimicky ones.. but popular and thereby highly successful in a music career. At the end of the day, music is a business.

it maybe an art form, but it is still a business. And an artist needs to be popular to be successful whether anyone likes it or not. its quite simple really.