ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

YASSSSSSSSSS

Here comes legitimate Born To Die successor.

This album will slay our lives.

Can't help but think that Ultraviolence was an unpredicted effort of being in shitty relationship with Barrie, especially since she lost interest in it so fast...

i am nothing and should be everything

I wouldn't say her "early" descriptions are off.

UV wasn't supposed to be a rock album as it is now. It was suppose to be a dark, acoustic but still cinematic, spiritual album (see BB demo and Angels Forever) But of course Dan Auerbach got involved and recorded album again in the span of two weeks in nashville.

She describes what the record is at the moment. Also Mark involvement makes me very happy because he has hip hop in his blood just like Emile. The album won't be a snooze that's for sure and he has a massive hit right now. Things are looking good unless Lana somehow changes the executive producer once again.

No, she has said several times that it was meant to be a classic rock-esque album but that it ended up being too derivative of that era. Cinematic and spiritual, yes, but absolutely not acoustic as the final product. The demos themselves weren't even acoustic.

And I highly doubt that Ronson will be bringing the hip hop beats back with Lana. You're setting yourself up for major disappointment. It's going to be a jazz fusion album.

Has Lana confirmed Ronson will be the executive producer? Or will he just be involved in a couple of songs?

She played him TEN songs..what do you think? :derpna3:

No, she has said several times that it was meant to be a classic rock-esque album but that it ended up being too derivative of that era. Cinematic and spiritual, yes, but absolutely not acoustic as the final product. The demos themselves weren't even acoustic.

And I highly doubt that Ronson will be bringing the hip hop beats back with Lana. You're setting yourself up for major disappointment. It's going to be a jazz fusion album.

Em no..She described the album as being acoustic (the verses) and Black Beauty as a single with a video in mind. That was before the demo leaked.

Then after she worked with Dan, she described the album as wrong and unlistenable which is true so her descriptions weren't off.  :usrs:

When did I say Mark will bring hip hop TO THE ALBUM? But anyways, she said it will have a similar sound to that of BTD/Paradise so. :usrs:  and what I really mean by saying that he has hip hop blood, you can take a listen to "rehab" or "Back To Black" despite them being "jazzy". They have distinct URBAN feel. 

So it don't matter what he will do: techno, electronic whatever it gon have a bit of black in all dat white. :kiss:

And keep wishing that she'll return to the rock sound. She OVAH dat.  :teehee:

YASSSSSSSSSS

Here comes legitimate Born To Die successor.

This album will slay our lives.

Can't help but think that Ultraviolence was an unpredicted effort of being in shitty relationship with Barrie, especially since she lost interest in it so fast...

This is what i'm talking about sistren. :icant:

This will be the BTD successor we've all been waiting for. :cryney:

She played him TEN songs..what do you think? :derpna3:

Em no..She described the album as being acoustic (the verses) and Black Beauty as a single with a video in mind. That was before the demo leaked.

Then after she worked with Dan, she described the album as wrong and unlistenable which is true so her descriptions weren't off. :usrs:

When did I say Mark will bring hip hop TO THE ALBUM? But anyways, she said it will have a similar sound to that of BTD/Paradise so. :usrs: and what I really mean by saying that he has hip hop blood, you can take a listen to "rehab" or "Back To Black" despite them being "jazzy". They have distinct URBAN feel.

So it don't matter what he will do: techno, electronic whatever it gon have a bit of black in all dat white. :kiss:

And keep wishing that she'll return to the rock sound. She OVAH dat. :teehee:

I don't know why I respond to your trolling.

Ronson produces as many rock albums as he does soul. Back to Black is one of my favorite albums and was inspired by the 60s girl band blues records. Lana described this next one as classic jazz meets soft grunge...aka jazz fusion...aka jazzy rock music. She probably just meant the orchestration of BTD.

Jazz is black nough said. :kiss:

Can't wait for BTD successor. I'm so ready to pussy pop to the new URBAN songs. 

tumblr_mhj5ztf5st1qzd7teo1_500.gif

UV also had orchestration so i don't know what you mean by dat.

Jazz is black nough said. :kiss:

Can't wait for BTD successor. I'm so ready to pussy pop to the new URBAN songs.

tumblr_mhj5ztf5st1qzd7teo1_500.gif

Well, duh, it's rooted in black culture. But that doesn't mean it will have urban beats. :toofunny:

Imagine Nina Simone or Billie Holiday with hip hop beats. :toofunny:

Eh, this will be my last reply.

She explicitly said in a RECENT interview RECENT that the album will NOT sound like Ultraviolence at all (which itself is soft grunge rocky whatever). In fact it will be "very different from the last one and similar to the first two, Born to Die"  :teehee: 

I just realized that the soft grunge thingy was translated from another language. It could have easily been mistranslated. 

Billboard interview is in engrish.  :hooker: 

Um, she said Honeymoon would differ from Ronson's usual sound in that it would explore a sound closer to the "golden age of jazz with a little bit of soft grunge." :toofunny:

Sure. :toofunny: 

I don't know if I'm wrong but those 9 songs she mentioned in Billboard interview were not produced by Mark Ronson. She played him those songs to him ( like mentioned in Grazia Interview before) and she is hoping he brings his jazz assignature to them. Right now they sound like the first two records because she probably worked with same producers. 

So from the description we got now "very similar to the first two"to the final product might turn out to be really different because his production style isn't similar AT ALL to BTD/Paradise. Or even so he might not even be involved in this project anymore since she didn't mention him in this interview which is suspicious since she talked about their production.

Sure. :toofunny:

It's so annoying how you act like you would know nay better than the rest of us. We all can just speculate but so far you have been putting down on all opinions which are not going with what you wish the album will end up. Big suprise: Even if you deny it as hard as Merier keeps failing her lipsyncs, in the end it will be Lana who decides how it sounds. She said it would be more "BTD/Paradise" like but this doesn't neccecarily means there will be hip hop beats. Could aswell mean that there will be less guitar and more strings again, or that there is heavy orchestration or that the whole vibe will be mor eromantic again and less bitter. Whatever, we don't know it, so stop acting as if you would sing on the album yourself.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Girl, none of the UV songs were originally produced by Dan auerbach..dat why we is all thirsty for the original version.

The same is happening here.

And the billboard interview happened AFTER she played him those 10 songs. She has four SONGS finished with same sound as BTD..Perfect production.

Let me leave. Don't even bring Godriah who sold 200 million records and have over 400 awards..Godriah can shit on stage right now and she's still god coz She's done it all..not with this as a signature huny

nmq3ew4b.jpg

Girl, none of the UV songs were originally produced by Dan auerbach..dat why we is all thirsty for the original version.

The same is happening here.

Let me leave. Don't even bring Godriah who sold 200 million records and have over 400 awards..Godriah can shit on stage right now and she's still god coz She's done it all..not with this as a signature huny

nmq3ew4b.jpg

Well, if you think your pathetic ATRL sassyness hurts me, you are wrong "girl", since I have no need to bump my on self-esteem on the chart position and sales of another person but the fact how I personally like their music.

And apart from this, I don't see how the first part of your "post" is connecting with anything I wrote.

You have the audacity to drag MARIAH CAREY when you stan for trash except for BTD lana. What can i say.

People should really look long and hard at themselves before dragging something superior 

bye.

I don't know if I'm wrong but those 9 songs she mentioned in Billboard interview were not produced by Mark Ronson. She played him those songs to him ( like mentioned in Grazia Interview before) and she is hoping he brings his jazz assignature to them. Right now they sound like the first two records because she probably worked with same producers. 

So from the description we got now "very similar to the first two"to the final product might turn out to be really different because his production style isn't similar AT ALL to BTD/Paradise. Or even so he might not even be involved in this project anymore since she didn't mention him in this interview which is suspicious since she talked about their production.

To be fair, 9 songs are written and 4 are already finished. SInce she mentioned him as the producer, he will most likely stay it. She will most likely finish the recordings before or shortly after the tour if she wants to release it this year. And it sounded like her writing process in almost finished, cause "she only wants to tie the things together"

Well, if you think your pathetic ATRL sassyness hurts me, you are wrong "girl", since I have no need to bump my on self-esteem on the chart position and sales of another person but the fact how I personally like their music.

And apart from this, I don't see how the first part of your "post" is connecting with anything I wrote.

sis

You have the audacity to drag MARIAH CAREY when you stan for trash except for BTD lana. What can i say.

People should really look long and hard at themselves before dragging something superior 

bye.

Proving my point, I don't build up my self esteem on  how good the artists I like sell. You seemingly do and apart from this your disrespect for different tastes just shows again how looooooooow your level is.

Pls, when will you ever make your farewells reality?

bye.

this is lanaboards not mariahboards thanks dear :eyeroll2: