ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'd love to hear the demo's of UV if they sounded a lot different to what Dan did with those songs.

I'm hoping Mark Ronson will bring back the hip hop beats, I loved them on BTD. Off To The races :bodyisready: :bodyisready:

Can anyone make a summary of everything we know about this album so far please.

qsVmBMd.png

I gotta say I'm really kind of overwhelmed, shocked and ultimately disappointed by so many of the comments I see here. It would seem that a large majority of the fans here really don't give a fuck about the content or concept of Lana's music as long as we "get a new look for the era" or she stops doing "boring jazz" (which is an oxymoron) or she stops wearing "jeans and tshirts" or starts "using makeup." Again and again the comments here read like a tug of war with everyone pulling her in all different directions. This is one of the first times I have ever truly hoped she does not ever read this forum. There used to be a lot of constructive, thought out criticism here from people who had a wealth of knowledge about music- from genre specialties to music history- and could discuss Lana's work in an interesting way. People could really discuss the cultural significance of what she was doing or dissect her lyrics. This is all just like... "stan" vomit.

She is an ARTIST. Allow an artistic process to HAPPEN. She is not your barbie doll to dress up and style. She is a person who is trying to communicate her soul through a difficult business called the Music Industry that has become LESS and LESS about the actual music.

Do you guys see how so many of us have been conditioned to value the PACKAGE over the PRODUCT in this industry?

Petition to rename the forum Stan Vomit.

Whether or not this thread specifically suffers from these symptoms, I think this is an accurate diagnosis of the forum generally, and has been for some time. And the prognosis only seems to be getting worse.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Petition to rename the forum Stan Vomit.

Whether or not this thread specifically suffers from these symptoms, I think this is an accurate diagnosis of the forum generally, and has been for some time. And the prognosis only seems to be getting worse.

I keep trying to discuss the technicalities of the music, but the conversation keeps regressing to the stan vomit you referenced. It's quite frustrating.

Several other members were participating constructively, to be fair. I just think certain members should be addressed directly.

Petition to rename the forum Stan Vomit.Whether or not this thread specifically suffers from these symptoms, I think this is an accurate diagnosis of the forum generally, and has been for some time. And the prognosis only seems to be getting worse.

It's a common side-effect when an artist hits the big time. Always cherish the time you are a fan of a singer before they become too famous.

It's a common side-effect when an artist hits the big time. Always cherish the time you are a fan of a singer before they become too famous.

At the risk of sounding like a hipster, I really miss the small community of Lana fans pre-BTD who focused on the meaning of the music rather than trivial topics like popularity.

At the risk of sounding like a hipster, I really miss the small community of Lana fans pre-BTD who focused on the meaning of the music rather than trivial topics like popularity.

Why can't we have both? It's a legit part of being a fan of an artist. Why is it so hard to talk about popularity when this place even discussed incest?

Ya'll are young and dumb if you think image and music doesn't go together.  :lmao:

They go like bread and butter lmao.

Okay you is maybe a special one of the GP that values music over anything else..that's cute and all but that's not how the world works honey. wake up.

The image, marketing, advert, the things that are presented to consumer decide whether they want to buy it or not. It isn't just the music. It's NEVER just about the music. 

The image of an artist also greatly affect her/his critical appeal. And I thought ya'll know this by now because BTD was trashed by critics not because of the album quality but because of SNL.

Lana cute lil hit and the fact that BTD sold 5 million leading up to the release of UV also effected the reviews of that album.

Like  :facepalm:

Ok but you were saying that the UV era lacked an image, right?

Cunt, if this isn't a fucking image then I don't know what is.

Lana+Del+Rey+this+is+so+fucking+ultravio

And yes, music with an image that fits often does sell very well, but I'm truly not worried about Honeymoon selling. I'm just here for the music. The best part about a musician is their music, after all. 

So yeah, "UV era failing because Lana wore t shirts and jeans" my ASS. You clearly don't have very much depth to you, so it's probably best if you run along and listen to Glitter or Rainbow or something. 

I'M NOT SORRY

Wish I was a fan at that time. I only became a fan after video games, never heard of her before that. Out of interest, how did you stumble upon her music pre BTD?

Why can't we have both? It's a legit part of being a fan of an artist. Why is it so hard to talk about popularity when this place even discussed incest?

Ok you're really gonna have to explain that later but I totally agree! Discussing Lana's success is an integril part of fandom, it's not like anytime someone tries to bring up UV's sales in Europe we should just shun them or lash out but I mean I don't see why it's becoming such a big point of disscusion yet, the album hasn't even come out. It's fine to have a balanced dusscussion on Lana's popularity but when a certain member continuously brings it up in such an obnoxious fashion it gets REALLY aggravating.

Wish I was a fan at that time. I only became a fan after video games, never heard of her before that. Out of interest, how did you stumble upon her music pre BTD?

I always used to find new music randomly on YouTube and found Video Games soon after it was posted and began picking up steam. I've been hooked ever since. :)

Ok you're really gonna have to explain that later but I totally agree! Discussing Lana's success is an integril part of fandom, it's not like anytime someone tries to bring up UV's sales in Europe we should just shun them or lash out but I mean I don't see why it's becoming such a big point of disscusion yet, the album hasn't even come out. It's fine to have a balanced dusscussion on Lana's popularity but when a certain member continuously brings it up in such an obnoxious fashion it gets REALLY aggravating.

Exactly what I meant. There's nothing wrong with discussing more vapid topics, but it's the obnoxious manner of some people's delivery that is irritating.

^ Especially when we have to look at Mariah Carey's face everytime it happens. What a lethal combination.

Mariah Carey :omfg2: 200 million records sold and yet you're pressed to find anyone who will admit to buying any of them. Seriously, she is where good taste goes to DIE. :smokes4:

Well, that got deleted.

I think people express what they didn't like about the UV era and the frustration about it, because the album deserved way better. Others however will forever and always just love BTD and will never shut up about the fact that Lana is not their personal jukebox 

^ Especially when we have to look at Mariah Carey's face everytime it happens. What a lethal combination.

Mariah Carey :omfg2: 200 million records sold and yet you're pressed to find anyone who will admit to buying any of them. Seriously, she is where good taste goes to DIE. :smokes4:

Wow what a venomous bitchy post about a fellow Lana fan.

This feels just, so fitting right now

45d38fa5c69293d09bc1be5c30cb6309.jpg

No but really even if Me I'm Mariah is a bit excessive, at least he is enthusiastic, which is not a bad thing

Most of you just tend to get a bit too defensive

Anyway, we all agree that there will be a Title track, right?

A song called Honeymoon.

She reworked Melancholia just for the sake of having a Title track for UV, Paradise didn't need one since it was an extension of the Born To Die era. I expect a track with that name to exist and it better slay us! (Nah, I know it will :brows: )

Oh and there better be an album sampler like The Paradise Edition had. I still watch that video sometimes. It's amazing

This feels just, so fitting right now

45d38fa5c69293d09bc1be5c30cb6309.jpg

No but really even if Me I'm Mariah is a bit excessive, at least he is enthusiastic, which is not a bad thing

Most of you just tend to get a bit too defensive

Exactly, and there's no need to get personal or start mocking someone for their taste in other artists.

But yeah I think people need to realise that even as a fan, you don't have to worship every piece of work an artist makes.