ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Black Beauty is kinda the best song on UV...Even though Lana was against putting the song on it.  (ended up being bonus anyways)

I'd love the hear all of the songs before Dan horrendous production.

With that said, I love how some of ya'll keep preaching how Mark Ronson produced lots of ROCK ROCK ROCK records.

Ya know wat, he also produced a ton of hip hop records: Lil Wayne, Nas, Wale, Q-tip and Lana also said the record will have a sound close to BTD. So there's that. Billboard interview happened after Grazia "Soft Grunge" comment. 

Wow, I didn't know there was such a divide amongst fans about which album is better. I seriously adore BTD, Paradise, and Ultraviolence pretty much equally. I love the sound on each album. So a blend of all of those would be perfect for me. But I would still love it if it were more BTD or more Ultraviolence or whatever. I feel so easy to please! :P

spacesigh.jpg

I'm still questioning what happened with the UV era and why she's releasing so soon another album. I have 3 scenarios:

1. The depressing scenario. She wants to get out of her contract with Interscope and she has 3 albums to do and so she rushed the release so she won't get any penalties. Then she will go indie (aka she will do whatever she wants) or she will retire for a while or forever (have babies etc.). This is a career harakiri but is consistent with her obvious lack of confidence in everything she does, with her depression, with her statements that she didn't enjoy anything so far in the music business, that she didn't find peers, with her stage fright and her refusal to shine in the limelight and especially to perform outside her comfort zone. Maybe she's acknowledging that she's not capable to be a great performer or to evolve as a songwriter (I think that UV is overall better lyrically than BTD but not at VG level). In this scenario I expect a ”rushed album” with no hits, no promo, that will have a negative reception critically and commercially and will not have anything to do with her announced tour that will be renamed the "Farewell" tour. This seems like far fetched, would be a total let down of her fans and is not consistent at all with the announcement of her tour (big venues) and with her position in the business that other (good) musicians are incapable of attaining even after a lifetime of hard work. But is she capable of basically shit on everything that she accomplished? Unfortunately yes, the UV video, the Letterman, Virgin radio France, BBC live lounge last minute cancellations are hints that she is capable to make irrational decisions based on her anxieties.

2. The pop megastar scenario. UV was a critic silencer (worked pretty well) but she doesn't want to lose her mainstream appeal so she's preparing a big release with heavy promo, with a few legitimate hits, with TV performances etc. This is inconsistent with everything that I presented above but is consistent with her current status (on radar moderate pop star) and the obvious interest of her label to milk her commercial potential at max. This scenario will work if the label will be at the helm of this era preparing it like a proper big pop release (radio, tv, magazines, promotion of hits, videos with high production etc). In this scenario I expect a GP friendly sound and theme, more coherent that BTD (fewer songs) and HITS (on the radio and charts). Maybe she still craves that level of pop stardom and she's finally willing to do what it takes. I highly doubt this scenario because I don't see her transforming in a confident, all around performer. 

3. The boring scenario. Honeymoon will be an era in the UV vein (no extreme outcomes), with a different sound but the same lanaesque lyrics and her career will slowly dwindle down unless she would be capable to make a better album artistically than UV. This is the scenario that I hope for that she'll evolve lyrically and combined with a new interesting sound she will get more critically acclaimed.

Lana has said herself that this record will sound similar to BTD and Paradise (yay for me). However, I do wonder if this is Lana's decision of whether label executives are pulling her strings.

She lyin.

She said UV sounds like Blue Jeans & Dark Paradise.

Anyways, did anyone else notices how nasty this looks like: BJ & DP?

Well played Lana, you little slut :hooker:

I'm still questioning what happened with the UV era and why she's releasing so soon another album. I have 3 scenarios:

It's interesting that you've disregarded any outcomes that might actually be positive and interesting for Lana and the people who actually enjoy what she does.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1. The depressing scenario. She wants to get out of her contract with Interscope and she has 3 albums to do and so she rushed the release so she won't get any penalties. Then she will go indie (aka she will do whatever she wants) or she will retire for a while or forever (have babies etc.). This is a career harakiri but is consistent with her obvious lack of confidence in everything she does, with her depression, with her statements that she didn't enjoy anything so far in the music business, that she didn't find peers, with her stage fright and her refusal to shine in the limelight and especially to perform outside her comfort zone. Maybe she's acknowledging that she's not capable to be a great performer or to evolve as a songwriter (I think that UV is overall better lyrically than BTD but not at VG level). In this scenario I expect a ”rushed album” with no hits, no promo, that will have a negative reception critically and commercially and will not have anything to do with her announced tour that will be renamed the "Farewell" tour. This seems like far fetched, would be a total let down of her fans and is not consistent at all with the announcement of her tour (big venues) and with her position in the business that other (good) musicians are incapable of attaining even after a lifetime of hard work. But is she capable of basically shit on everything that she accomplished? Unfortunately yes, the UV video, the Letterman, Virgin radio France, BBC live lounge last minute cancellations are hints that she is capable to make irrational decisions based on her anxieties.

2. The pop megastar scenario. UV was a critic silencer (worked pretty well) but she doesn't want to lose her mainstream appeal so she's preparing a big release with heavy promo, with a few legitimate hits, with TV performances etc. This is inconsistent with everything that I presented above but is consistent with her current status (on radar moderate pop star) and the obvious interest of her label to milk her commercial potential at max. This scenario will work if the label will be at the helm of this era preparing it like a proper big pop release (radio, tv, magazines, promotion of hits, videos with high production etc). In this scenario I expect a GP friendly sound and theme, more coherent that BTD (fewer songs) and HITS (on the radio and charts). Maybe she still craves that level of pop stardom and she's finally willing to do what it takes. I highly doubt this scenario because I don't see her transforming in a confident, all around performer. 

3. The boring scenario. Honeymoon will be an era in the UV vein (no extreme outcomes), with a different sound but the same lanaesque lyrics and her career will slowly dwindle down unless she would be capable to make a better album artistically than UV. This is the scenario that I hope for that she'll evolve lyrically and combined with a new interesting sound she will get more critically acclaimed.

#2...Mark Involvement already making that a slight possibility. 

He has a huge hit right now. So whatever comes next radio will be aware of it. We'll just have to wait and see.

So she loses either way? You are absolutely ridiculous.

So she loses either way? You are absolutely ridiculous.

Hey cool down. I said that she could aim to be a popstar but I doubt that she has what it takes. And I also said that I hope that she will evolve lyrically with a different interesting sound and she will continue being critically acclaimed (that is what I expect from Honeymoon). So chill and watch your mouth

Hey cool down. I said that she could aim to be a popstar but I doubt that she has what it takes. And I also said that I hope that she will evolve lyrically with a different interesting sound and she will continue being critically acclaimed (that is what I expect from Honeymoon). So chill and watch your mouth

You were not too chill yourself, suggesting that the record/era/scenario would be either:

- Depressing

- Boring

- Doomed to failure.

You do realise that nobody's forcing you to follow her.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

You were not too chill yourself, suggesting that the record/era/scenario would be either:

- Depressing

- Boring

- Doomed to failure.

You do realise that nobody's forcing you to follow her.

Let's not get in to who is Lana's biggest fan (certainly I'm not a delusional fan partly because I follow her for a long time). But where are the lies tho?

1. She can be depressing (with her words or actions)

2. BTD 2.0 or UV 2.0 would be boring (for me at least, I would never listen to a Dark Paradise type of song again)

3. Mega pop stardom for her, in my opinion, is doomed to failure because she cannot perform at that level (and she's not willing to learn)

Her only possibility, in my view, to further her career is to have another critically acclaimed album (with moderate commercial success, something between UV and BTD) but for achieving this she'll have to evolve lyrically and she will have to bring an updated sound to the table (what is wrong with that?)

Mitch would not be happy about Lana covering an amy song lmao I remember when Beyoncé and André 3000's cover of Back To Black premiered for the great gatsby. He was searching the term in twitter and tweeting everybody that they were deaf if they thought it was better than the original  :toofunny:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Again I'm noticing how anything Lana says about this new album is being taken in two completely different contexts by those who want a sound on the same vein as BTD or those who want a sound on the same vein as UV.

Again I think we'll just have to wait and see what the finished product sounds like.

Mitch would not be happy about Lana covering an amy song lmao I remember when Beyoncé and André 3000's cover of Back To Black premiered for the great gatsby. He was searching the term in twitter and tweeting everybody that they were deaf if they thought it was better than the original  :toofunny:

to be fair, it wasn't better than the original :makeup2:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Honestly I have no fucking idea what she could do and I'm sure I'm not in the minority either, I wouldn't be surprised if she disappeared off the face of the planet for 5 years or turned into one of the biggest stars of the year or whatever - I find her very mysterious but feel that if she had the chance to stop for a while she would.

After 300+ songs now of pretty much the same topic I do hope this album improves lyrically - I LOVE BTD, Paradise, UV, LDRAKALG, even all of her unreleased stuff and listen to it all the time, am excited as hell for Honeymoon but it would be good to hear some newer topics in her songs. that saying tho I'll love anything she throws at us