ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I think one of the biggest things she could do to secure success going into the Honeymoon era is to book a live performance on SNL of the first single and SLAY it with a funny skit parodying herself.

I think one of the biggest things she could do to secure success going into the Honeymoon era is to book a live performance on SNL of the first single and SLAY it with a funny skit parodying herself.

And then redeem herself with an incredible performance that we know she is capable of.

Some people here are so fucking delusional. What if Lana stopped making music and hide herself would you be happy? Stop demanding for every fucking thing. She is an artist she can do whatever the fuck she wants and should not be judged by whiny stupid people with no taste in music. If you don't like her go find a perfect artist to stan!

Lana live is better than most pop star.

I'm not a fan of their music but Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and even Katy Perry have better live performances than Lana. If you don't think so please give examples (and there is no comparison when we talk about alt stars like St. Vincent) 

Lana today is unable to carry an MTV or Oscar performance and that is the sad reality.

I'm not a fan of their music but Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and even Katy Perry have better live performances than Lana. If you don't think so please give examples (and there is no comparison when we talk about alt stars like St. Vincent)

I think they're more consistent, yes, but Lana's live vocals at their peak >>>

And I think she is capable of performing at big events if she *wants* to and isn't overly struck by fear. Just look at her Coachella performances in front of multiple thousands of fans and journalist.

Lanas not a big performer - we all know that. Lady gaga, katy perry etc however are, they'll do the whole show thing with the flashing lights. Lana usually just stands there/walks around/occasionally does a dance lol. I cant see her performing like gaga or beyonce.

I don't think that Lana doesn't care or doesn't want commercial success. Remember her comments about females who are trying to replace her and how she feels about them? Yeah.

I just would like to know what happend with her giving up on Ultraviolence. Why did she gave up on it? The single choices were also the wrong ones. 

I posted many pages ago, that commercial success does matter to an artist. If you don't sell, you get either dropped by the label or they shorten your budget (which already happened with UV). And if you can not continue making your art your fans are used to, your fans drop you too.

And that happens even to those fans who always claim they are just here for the music.

I would just wish her that she can handle being in the spotlight and having a vision for the next album. I am not really sure if she had it for UV.

I hope that none of you would want to listen to the new Honeymoon songs after 5 months of their release in some festival settings? Come on, Lana needs to cut that struck by fear bullshit. Go to a psychologist, rehearse your material, hire some good stage performance professionals and singing teacher and take the performing duties seriously.

Ultraviolence was exactly what Lana needed to purge all of the bad thoughts and depressing moments from her system + the break up with Barrie has now left her in a place full of new love and new experiences. She seems happier and able to think clearly. I think this will help her perform in a live TV situation if anything. I agree she has nothing to prove to these snobs that aren't willing to look past one bad performance,but at the same time it'd be a huge slap in the face to all the haters if she properly promoted the Honeymoon era with slayworthy live performances and kept the era working at a consistent pace with videos and singles in an organised structure. West Coast had such great potential to smash but the whole Radio Edit fiasco really fucked it over.

However, Lana could drop Honeymoon and disappear off the face of the Earth and i'd still be grateful for her music.

I hope that none of you would want to listen to the new Honeymoon songs after 5 months of their release in some festival settings? Come on, Lana needs to cut that struck by fear bullshit. Go to a psychologist, rehearse your material, hire some good stage performance professionals and singing teacher and take the performing duties seriously.

Well, just wait, people on here will get you for this comment. On the one hand, you have the very devoted fans who think of themselves that they are the better fans  "who don't give a shit about sucess cuz they are only here for da music" and who will defend her no matter what, as long as she seems that she doesn't give a fuck about showcasing her talent outside of an offical album release. The "just-let-her-be" attitude.

On the other hand, you have the ones who critisize Lana's every decision, which is so funny because that is such a Little Monsters tea. Quite ironic that these two ladies who can not stand each other share around half of their fanbase.  :lmao:

I can understand you when you say that she could or should hire somebody for singing lessons. Lana has a good voice, but without proper coaching and knowledge about how to maintain your voice for the years to come, it gets very dangerous when you get older. And then we all lose, when her voice gets flushed down the toilet and no music will be left at all. That can happen in 5-10 years of time, which is very close.

I don't think that Lana doesn't care or doesn't want commercial success. Remember her comments about females who are trying to replace her and how she feels about them? Yeah.

I just would like to know what happend with her giving up on Ultraviolence. Why did she gave up on it? The single choices were also the wrong ones. 

I posted many pages ago, that commercial success does matter to an artist. If you don't sell, you get either dropped by the label or they shorten your budget (which already happened with UV). And if you can not continue making your art your fans are used to, you fans drop you too.

And that happens even to those fans who always claim they are just here for the music.

I would just wish her that she can handle being in the spotlight and having a vision for the next album. I am not really sure if she had it for UV.

The handling of the UV era was a disgrace that ended with that mockery of UV video (a good song btw). If she will have the same approach to the Honeymoon era it will be very difficult for some of us to separate her music from her public persona. You better don't do a video if you don't have the ideas or means to do it properly. You don't book yourself on Letterman, Le Grand Journal, BBC to cancel it last minute (to show that you basically don't give a fuck). I'm personally very frustrated after the UV era and that's why I'm not that giddy about Honeymoon

Some people here are so fucking delusional. What if Lana stopped making music and hide herself would you be happy? Stop demanding for every fucking thing. She is an artist she can do whatever the fuck she wants and should not be judged by whiny stupid people with no taste in music. If you don't like her go find a perfect artist to stan!

You're delusional if you think you should worship every piece an artist creates. The whole point of a forum or discussion board is to have a discussion (madness I know!) and if you can't handle a variety of opinions then I suggest you stay away from one.

The handling of the UV era was a disgrace that ended with that mockery of UV video (a good song btw). If she will have the same approach to the Honeymoon era it will be very difficult for some of us to separate her music from her public persona. You better don't do a video if you don't have the ideas or means to do it properly. You don't book yourself on Letterman, Le Grand Journal, BBC to cancel it last minute (to show that you basically don't give a fuck). I'm personally very frustrated after the UV era and that's why I'm not that giddy about Honeymoon

To be fair, she has addressed it in one of her recent interviews that she just vanished. The video for Ultraviolence was allegedly a big budget one that was shelved for whatever reason. There were pictures of Lana on the set, but the video never saw the light of the day. She shot this iPhone video cause there was no money left to shoot another proper one.

I don't know what her reasons were for cancelling all these promo slots. I will just leave it there cause I don't know what was going on and she never said the reasons.

That's all in the past. I want to leave that behind and I can understand that people are not overexcited that a new album is coming after all what went wrong in 2014. The music however has not disappointed me, which is the biggest thing she has going for her.

Lana exists as an artist because of people like you and me (we listen to her music, watch her performances). It's a gap between the perfect artist and an artist that doesn't perform live except 50 min. in singalongs with her fans. Forgive my "misplaced" expectations towards her (that of singing live with confidence and in tune)

I'm not a fan of their music but Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and even Katy Perry have better live performances than Lana. If you don't think so please give examples (and there is no comparison when we talk about alt stars like St. Vincent) 

Lana today is unable to carry an MTV or Oscar performance and that is the sad reality.

omg you are so annoying, why do you care so much?? just let the gal live, thats what she wants to do. im sure if she aspired to do those things she would do it ok. have you even seen her live??

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

GURL. Katy, Miley, Tayloose better Lana live :lmao:  Kill yourself please. 

Ok they may have better stage production plus dancers and back track (back Up singers)..FLASHY...ALL SMOKES AND MIRRORS.

Lana destroys every single one of them with her LIVE vocals.

GURL. Katy, Miley, Tayloose better Lana live :lmao:  Kill yourself please. 

Ok they may have better stage production plus dancers and back track (back Up singers)..FLASHY...ALL SMOKES AND MIRRORS.

Lana destroys every single one of them with her LIVE vocals.

Sadly, no. Especially not Miley. Ignorance is bliss.