ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I can't contain my excitement for Lana's take on Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds-esque music.

I also wonder how jazzy this will be. Lana said she felt that she was already approaching jazz with tracks like Cruel World and Shades of Cool, which are both bluesy rock tracks. I'm thinking more psychedelic rock with very surrealist lyrics.

I'm ready to be surprised...as long as Heath isn't producing :creep:

I hope we get one track produced by him! Bel Air and Old Money are masterpieces and I like how each album have one very slow piano ballad, but of course I wouldn't won't a whole album full of them.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I hope we get one track produced by him! Bel Air and Old Money are masterpieces and I like how each album have one very slow piano ballad, but of course I wouldn't won't a whole album full of them.

We will definitely get another amazing song like those 2...I'm so curious to hear what it will be like.

We are at 70 pages and we still don't have any real news at all :sadcore4:

I'm ready to be surprised...as long as Heath isn't producing :creep:

He only produced Bel-Air, Yayo, Old Money, Big Eyes and Young and Beautiful right? If so I don't get the hate for him, those are lovely songs and fit the surreal/dreamy thing more so than most of her other songs?

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

He only produced Bel-Air, Yayo, Old Money, Big Eyes and Young and Beautiful right? If so I don't get the hate for him, those are lovely songs and fit the surreal/dreamy thing more so than most of her other songs?

I love his work on Old Money and Bel Air (he produced the orchestral version of Young and Beautiful), but imagine how redundant an album mainly produced by him would be. :toofunny:

He also has the ability to make exciting material seem dull. His work on Yayo and Body Electric...

Shades of Blue and West Coast are 1969 so I suspect there is actually going to be parts of all her prior albums blended together into something new and interesting, and I hope

like the others, there is a concept album in them

Sort of a mesh of Shades of Blue with Young and Beautiful and Pretty when I cry mixed into one

Hopefully there will be that 60s/70s reverb

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Shades of Blue and West Coast are 1969 so I suspect there is actually going to be parts of all her prior albums blended together into something new and interesting, and I hope

like the others, there is a concept album in them

Sort of a mesh of Shades of Blue with Young and Beautiful and Pretty when I cry mixed into one

Hopefully there will be that 60s/70s reverb

Shades of Blue...

• Nice World

Gentleviolence

Shades of Blue

Hamptons Baby / Brooklyn Adult (idk which I like better)

East Coast

Happy Girl

Pretty When I Smile

Money and Power and Glory

Hugged My Way Up To The Top

New Money

The Other Daddy

White Beauty

Guns and Tulips

California Kilos

Is This Depression

Thisside