ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

“I’m working on a new record now, and I have this one song, ‘Music To Watch Boys To.’ The title lends itself to a visual of shadows of men passing by, this girl’s eyes, her face. I can definitely see things.”

Does anyone remember this ? 

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

Does anyone remember this ?

I've been wondering if it samples Music to Watch Girls By

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=auS-ndWXLso

Also, I'm about to sound like a Little Monster, but you can totally see water and a boat rail in the back of that IG selfie of Lana and her team. And Rob posted a picture of Chuck on a boat in the Gulf last week around the time the video was being shot. Yasss, mama, slay us with your tropical imagery.

I've been wondering if it samples Music to Watch Girls By

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=auS-ndWXLso

Also, I'm about to sound like a Little Monster, but you can totally see water and a boat rail in the back of that IG selfie of Lana and her team. And Rob posted a picture of Chuck on a boat in the Gulf last week around the time the video was being shot. Yasss, mama, slay us with your tropical imagery.

Actually, the title gives me a visual of girls sunbathing and watching some hot boys playing volleyball on the beach , so I'm here for the tropical influences  :dance:  :grinds:

:rip: Bitch, we actually kind of have real news this time.

No, we don't. Even if, I am not here for these random "announcements". Just like last time around. Or a single when she tours. It was a mess last time. It would be a mess this time.

Close this non-existent era with the tour and start a new one. Y'all would think that the daughter of a millionaire knows business. I can't.

21Fdfsdr.gif

No, we don't. Even if, I am not here for these random "announcements". Just like last time around. Or a single when she tours. It was a mess last time. It would be a mess this time.

Close this non-existent era with the tour and start a new one. Y'all would think that the daughter of a millionaire knows business. I can't.

21Fdfsdr.gif

I don't care about stuff like that as long as she releases good music tbh. I mean she isn't Katy Perry or another mainstream singer who needs promo/a good executed era to sell   :smokes3:

I don't care about stuff like that as long as she releases good music tbh. I mean she isn't Katy Perry or another mainstream singer who needs promo/a good executed era to sell   :smokes3:

the thing is: lana is a mainstream artist. i hate it when lana stans come up with stuff like this. if she wasn't, she'd be with an indie label. 

and the way how her sales declined, from 5 million to 1.3 million tells me, that a not well-executed era might be the final nail to the coffin. In that case, I probably won't get any more well-executed music since there is no money to make it. 

So, we all better hope that homegirl is a little bit more motivated this time around

21Fdfsdr.gif

To fuel up the jazz/not really jazz debate:

As we've all seen from Ultraviolence, Lana will do whatever she likes to any type of music she feels like it. My best prediction is that she won't go 100% jazz but still influenced by it. Best example would be The Other Woman cover - she incorporated her unique style into the song, made it a lot different to Nina's version. She has always not been fit into a particular type of music, and made up her own name for them (Surf Noir, etc.) so it would probably the same for Honeymoon.

@@leaked_version: Being a spontaneous artist, I don't think you can't expect Lana to go mainstream, she will do whatever she likes. To be honest I think the fact that she is with Interscope is just faith. (EDITED: or maybe Interscope thinks that indie is the new mainstream)

i think these are some of her best vocal takes - don't know why her voice sounds so unbelievably good / bluesy / nuanced / perfect during this session in particular

sometimes i forget what she's capable of. this was back in 2012 when the majority of people still hated her ass. the interviewer was so shady here -- he was cold as fuck and refused to compliment her in any way (despite those vocals); instead, he said her band sounded great

you know you're truly fucking good at something when people find ways to skirt around the compliments lmao 

ZRBNill.jpg