ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

and u can only have that when there is a budget. no budget = iPhone video

Or u get homemade, self made videos like kinda outta luck, blue jeans, carmen, etc and songs like the lana del ray album and most of the leaked songs. Ya no she isn't really a maimstream artist at heart and doesn't need a big budget to make good music and videos.

lmao, she does have budget.

In fact, the iPhone video was chosen cause she really liked it apparently (I'm not gonna put words in her mouth).

Those people who think they know better than anyone needs to shut up.

It's Lana's choice to do what she wants to do, you can't just put words in her mouth like you're all Lana, that's not working like that.

People can say whatever they want to about their opinions, but until it comes to talking in Lana's name, it's bad.

:facepalm:

giphy.gif

To be honest I think the fact that she is with Interscope is just faith. (EDITED: or maybe Interscope thinks that indie is the new mainstream)

Lana isn't indie, i don't even know what indie is supossed to mean anymore. it's not a genre and most "indie" artists are just alternate artists signed by major record labels which doesn't make any sense. I would consider Lana's genre some thing between pop and alternate or maybe alternate-pop, which doesn't have anything to do with her being signed with interscope.

edit: i often get the impression that nowadays everyone who isn't Gaga, Beyoncé or Katy (...) is an indie artist apparently.

i76mrxw.png 

Lana isn't indie, i don't even know what indie is supossed to mean anymore. it's not a genre and most "indie" artists are just alternate artists signed by major record labels which doesn't make any sense. I would consider Lana's genre some thing between pop and alternate or maybe alternate-pop, which doesn't have anything to do with her being signed with interscope.

edit: i often get the impression that nowadays everyone who isn't Gaga, Beyoncé or Katy (...) is an indie artist apparently.

Lana isn't an indie artist as she is signed to a major label, but she would be classified as "alternative" because the genres encompassed in her music. She just happens to be "popular" as well.

Lana isn't an indie artist as she is signed to a major label, but she would be classified as "alternative" because the genres encompassed in her music. She just happens to be "popular" as well.

She's bridged the gap pretty well, it's so refreshing that she's neither genre and still so popular.

just heard my first few songs ever by Marina and the diamonds, and this girl is fricken amazing! She reminds me of Lana's beautiful voice a lot, but

I can hear the differences.. is this board a Lana and Marina board for some special reason?

just heard my first few songs ever by Marina and the diamonds, and this girl is fricken amazing! She reminds me of Lana's beautiful voice a lot, but

I can hear the differences.. is this board a Lana and Marina board for some special reason?

1. this literally has nothing to do with Honeymoon

2. they're completely different to one another, like cheese and chalk

3. there is a board like this for marina called marinaboards.com

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i think these are some of her best vocal takes - don't know why her voice sounds so unbelievably good / bluesy / nuanced / perfect during this session in particular

sometimes i forget what she's capable of. this was back in 2012 when the majority of people still hated her ass. the interviewer was so shady here -- he was cold as fuck and refused to compliment her in any way (despite those vocals); instead, he said her band sounded great

you know you're truly fucking good at something when people find ways to skirt around the compliments lmao 

That Born To Die performance is amazing. What is NPR is there a video of her performing?

qsVmBMd.png