ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

But in the video, you can hear the girls say "swan" a couple of times and then Lana goes "I actually have a song in my record called Sw..." I think the girl was just being coy when she denied it.

Do you have a link to that video?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I really hope Lana is able to showcase her huge vocal range on Honeymoon. The GP still see her as a mediocre vocalist because of SNL, but we all know how good she can be. One of the things that worry me about Emile producing again is that he didn't do her voice justice on many of the BTD songs. At least he has acknowledged that since then, though.

I really hope Lana is able to showcase her huge vocal range on Honeymoon. The GP still see her as a mediocre vocalist because of SNL, but we all know how good she can be. One of the things that worry me about Emile producing again is that he didn't do her voice justice on many of the BTD songs. At least he has acknowledged that since then, though.

Emile was able to admit his flaws in the production and hopefully that means he'll be bringing back all of the best elements of BTD

I kind of picture Music To Watch Boys To to sound like As Tears Go By by Nancy Sinatra, I can't see it as a bubblegum pop-ey this is what makes us girls type song, like so many people are expecting.

I kind of picture Music To Watch Boys To to sound like As Tears Go By by Nancy Sinatra, I can't see it as a bubblegum pop-ey this is what makes us girls type song, like so many people are expecting.

Funny you say that because I keep thinking it will be reminiscent of the guitars from her version of Bang Bang mixed with Ronson-esque beats.

Emile was able to admit his flaws in the production and hopefully that means he'll be bringing back all of the best elements of BTD

I don't want her to just release BTD 2.0 and do what she's already done. Lana is great because she always tries new things with each album.

Wait who's expecting that? Because they're SO wrong lmao She clearly said she's going the jazz route with HM and a bubblegum pop song wouldn't make sense considering she's covering DLMBM

Summery bop that could be, but nothing like you described

ZmJh1LG.jpg

yeah I know people on Twitter are saying it's gonna sound like this is what makes us girls and driving in cars with boys and I can't see that at all

Are either of those bubblegum pop? Lol I think they're both more like alt pop or trip hop.

I'd like a trip-hop album to be honest, mixed with a few tracks in the vein of Trash or Pin-Up Galore. These types of songs are what made me fall for Lana in the first place and I sort of want them back.

The guy who used to run the LDRO Twitter account is spilling tea on ATRL:

"I thought you'd know by now that Lana herself does not believe in this and that Interscope go by what she says.

They didn't want to release Ultraviolence, but she did anyways,

She will not have a radio deal.

HOWEVER they are looking for a radio station in the US to premiere the single this time round as they no longer have Fearne Cotton in the UK.

But then again - before this it was going to be a VEVO premiere. They are really sketchy with their promotional schedule.

Basically - expect an Ultraviolence promo mess.

Lana herself is not about promoting. She tours. She likes to tour. She doesn't like award shows, interviews and TV performances - so when Interscope line these up for here, she later cancels"

He says it will follow suit with her older music (rather than being pop music) and to expect a different sound of jazz, which we knew already.

"I thought you'd know by now that Lana herself does not believe in this and that Interscope go by what she says.

HOWEVER they are looking for a radio station in the US to premiere the single this time round as they no longer have Fearne Cotton in the UK.

But then again - before this it was going to be a VEVO premiere. They are really sketchy with their promotional schedule.

Lana herself is not about promoting. She tours. She likes to tour. She doesn't like award shows, interviews and TV performances - so when Interscope line these up for here, she later cancels"

He says it will follow suit with her older music (rather than being pop music) and to expect a different sound of jazz, which we knew already.

ugh i hope the music is really good, cause she will test me as a fan if she's messy again

I'm American, but I really hope she stops isolating her European fans. She used to have such a huge amount of support there after BTD smashed.

yeah, she  promoted there a lot, but since 2013 nothing, really no one will really care about her if she doesnt do shit on that continent. 

I like Lana, don't get me wrong, but she seems lazy as fuck. I completely understand when her fans say they get bored with the music when we don't get live performances and interviews and shit. I honestly don't want to sit here and listen to the album for 2 years without getting a good feel about it being promoted and shit like that. Idk, but promotion always makes the album better for me, when I can have visuals to watch them to. The bitch didn't even make a single good video for Ultraviolence compared to BTD/Paradise. 

lABVyGE.png

he  / she doesn't know anything always acting like they have some insider info, but it's basically just air.

I like Lana, don't get me wrong, but she seems lazy as fuck. I completely understand when her fans say they get bored with the music when we don't get live performances and interviews and shit. I honestly don't want to sit here and listen to the album for 2 years without getting a good feel about it being promoted and shit like that. Idk, but promotion always makes the album better for me, when I can have visuals to watch them to. The bitch didn't even make a single good video for Ultraviolence compared to BTD/Paradise. 

I agree, she will keep loosing fans.