ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I can't deal with this thread please kill me.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

Burnt Norton makes me very interested. :excited: I hope she included this part in the song.

And the bird called, in response to

The unheard music hidden in the shrubbery,
And the unseen eyebeam crossed, for the roses
Had the look of flowers that are looked at.

It's so nice. 

Burnt Norton is also registered on Harry Fox Agency..

I really think it will be on Honeymoon.  :hdu:

(It says that Keefus Ciancia produced that)...

EDIT: I read Keefus's wiki page and it says that he's using Piano and keyboards. It most likely a ballad.

yaaassss scalp me with another iconic ballad lana

Demos_copy.png

I wouldn't mind it so much if it had a better title than "Burnt Norton". That just sounds like a name for a color of crayon lmao

Lol it's obviously her new antivirus to stop people hacking and leaking her songs :thumb:

If this album turns out to be Lana's version of FROOT, I'll be laughing at the entirety of LB.

(I love FROOT tbh, best Marina album)

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

If this album turns out to be Lana's version of FROOT, I'll be laughing at the entirety of LB.

(I love FROOT tbh, best Marina album)

what makes you think that honeymoon has any similarities with froot???

Wy8jf2U.jpg

How would this turn out to be Lana's FROOT lol ??? 

I wasn't talking in the musical sense, but rather in a commercial and risky sense. Most people here want Lana to make this album commercially successful and reminiscent of the BtD era, where she charted highly all over the world, made fantastic videos and was the "hot talk". FROOT reminds of that, since Marina drastically changed her style, which (imo) led to better songs but was sadly not as successful commercially and lost her a lot of her fanbase (probably not good fans).

Lol it's obviously her new antivirus to stop people hacking and leaking her songs :thumb:

I wouldn't mind it so much if it had a better title than "Burnt Norton". That just sounds like a name for a color of crayon lmao

You guys make me laugh so hard :omfg2:

Anyway, I don't think she will change her style to make her album commercially successful, since a lot of people would find Honeymoon (the song) so boring and that is the song that would "describe" the entire album, so

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

I wasn't talking in the musical sense, but rather in a commercial and risky sense. Most people here want Lana to make this album commercially successful and reminiscent of the BtD era, where she charted highly all over the world, made fantastic videos and was the "hot talk". FROOT reminds of that, since Marina drastically changed her style, which (imo) led to better songs but was sadly not as successful commercially and lost her a lot of her fanbase (probably not good fans).

It seems to me that FROOT is more like Ultraviolence though.

What's Froot tbh? 

:toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

It seems to me that FROOT is more like Ultraviolence though.

You are right, but the difference was that people expected UV to sound like it did (I think?) while FROOT was like bam, have some 70's funk pop.

I think some of the people on here (and many lana stans in general) don't get the concept that artists always reinvent themselves and get a new sound, and usually don't repeat that same sound. Something Lana is actually really good at. She went from a Folk acoustic album, May Jailer, to AKA (don't really know how to describe it LOL). To Born To Die with the hip hop beats, to paradise with the beautifully orchestrated strings, to ultraviolence with its dark rock sound. And we have yet to hear Honeymoons sound!

Demos_copy.png

:toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

You are right, but the difference was that people expected UV to sound like it did (I think?) while FROOT was like bam, have some 70's funk pop.

Don't know about the others but I'd never expected UV to sound like that. 

I think some of the people on here (and many lana stans in general) don't get the concept that artists always reinvent themselves and get a new sound, and usually don't repeat that same sound. Something Lana is actually really good at. She went from a Folk acoustic album, May Jailer, to AKA (don't really know how to describe it LOL). To Born To Die with the hip hop beats, to paradise with the beautiful orchestrated strings, to ultraviolence with its dark rock sound. And we have yet to hear Honeymoons sound!

I agree I agree, I am ready for this new era, while I haven't really gotten into Jazz yet, I am sure Lana will find a way to make it enjoyable for me, the same way she did with Ultraviolence's heavy dark rock sound. I believe that this album is very important, while I couldn't care less if it flopped or it if stayed 4 weeks at #1 on Billboard, she kind of has to make herself more prominent in the industry again. If not, she might just lose a lot of things that help her create her music (In an extreme situation even being signed off Interscope, but I doubt it.).

I think it is a good thing that brass has suddenly made a resurgence in the music industry, which gives a Lana an advantage with Honeymoon's awaited jazz-sound. She is between a rock and a hard place, trying to renew her always excellent sound, pleasing her fanbase, but she also has to make a successful album, pleasing her label. This sounds like every musician's dilemma, but I think Lana's situation is more difficult, considering Ultraviolence's performance, she indeed pleased her fanbase (especially me uv slayed me so hard), and while UV made it to #1, compared to BtD, it definitely underwhelmed.