ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

listening to the album just makes me hate the album cover even more... like, it's not representative of how the album sounds at all. i love the music but even tho it's been said 1000 times already, she really messed up the album cover on this one.

RVhKIwP.gif

listening to the album just makes me hate the album cover even more... like, it's not representative of how the album sounds at all. i love the music but even tho it's been said 1000 times already, she really messed up the album cover on this one.

I think about this so much :( it's the only thing I don't like about this era. I just try to convince myself I like it.

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

:hooker: HM=UV>BTD>Paradise>AKA

I had a bit of a conflict when making this list. First of all, you can't ignore that HM has a few undesirable songs, and in my opinion, a weak title track that does not represent the album very well, and some songs that just awkwardly don't fit, like TLY (which should have been a different track number) and HBTB (horrible single choices by the way, I really don't know what they were thinking). 

I don't think HM sounds better than UV, but I definitely can relate to it more than UV, which is why I think it's *slightly* better (but still equal). UV had a lot of great songs, but alas, had a couple of fillers. With Honeymoon, I fell in love with almost every song instantly, but with UV I had to listen more to appreciate them. It's hard to explain to be honest. Honeymoon also has a lovely production. The HM single's instrumental are beautiful, you can't deny it. When I first got UV, I found myself skipping some songs because I just didn't really like the sound of them (MPG and FMWUTTT in particular), and the production wasn't that great in my opinion. UV also didn't flow well as much as HM does. I still think UV is a masterpiece. West Coast, UV, PWYC, and GNR are a few of my favorites. 

I can not rate BTD as the lowest though. It has beautiful, vulnerable songs, like Carmen, TWMUG, MDM, etc. It's also the most diverse (HM was not as diverse as I wanted). There just are some songs I just can not stand though, like Without You, DP, and Lolita. Songs were overproduced too, especially TWMUG and DP. 

I'm pretty sure most people understand why AKA and Paradiso are low, but I'll say that I do love an amount of songs in each album. AKA has Mermaid Motel, Pawn Shop Blues, original Yayo, Queen of the Gas Station, and Oh Say Can You See. Paradise has Blue Velvet, Gods and Monsters, American, Cola, Body Electric and Yayo. Paradise is the perfect bridge of BTD and UV, but I just don't like it as much as BTD. 

This is my opinion, so feel free to disagree. It would be boring if we lived in a world where everyone agreed with everything. Also, none of these albums are bad in my opinion. All of them have their ups and downs, but I don't think they're necessarily bad.

sgopYhV.gif

does anyone feel like the some of the strings in DLMBM resemble those in honeymoon? am i reaching?

sorry if someone brought this up but i'm too busy being scalped and massacred by this album to read the past 40 pages. 

jffghj y'all are putting too much faith in 320kbps.... lots of people have been proven to not be able to even hear a difference between 128kbps and 320kbps...

I can hear a difference, the overall clarity of the song, clear highs and lows and much better bass like intended

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

jffghj y'all are putting too much faith in 320kbps.... lots of people have been proven to not be able to even hear a difference between 128kbps and 320kbps...

Drums on a lot of 128 encodes sound terrible - there might as well just be a guy shouting out 'crash cymbal' for all the fidelity.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Should we make a post-release thread yet? I'm so eager to discuss song theories

Well, it's technically not released yet :eli:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Must be, it's the exact same quality we have now

128kbps? :(((

When I heard UV all I wanted was the vinyl … hearing Honeymoon all I want is the CD (128kbps is brutal)

"Honeymoon" is the "Our Prayer (Gee)" of the album … get that High by the Watching Beach Boys (SMiLE) cred

So, no HQ anywhere?

It's noticeable when you play it on speakers…. the sound is a little bit "dirty", you know.

Well, it's technically not released yet :eli:

I know that's why I'm asking around but tbh :toofunny: to this point seeing this thread I think it would be beneficial to have a clean thread to be serious on because I have some genuine questions about several songs and I don't want to be interrupted in my thoughts by a mass scat attack

ZKcaooE.png