TRENCH

Yung Lean

YUNG-LEAN.png

Jonatan Leandoer Håstadbetter known by his stage name Yung Lean, is a Swedish rapper and record producer. Yung Lean released his debut mixtape in 2013 (entitled Unknown Death 2002) and multiple singles to YouTube under his label Sad Boys Entertainment, including "Ginseng Strip 2002", "Kyoto", and "Yoshi City".

Lean released his debut full-length album Unknown Memory during the late summer of 2014 following a 2-month long American tour.

Yung Lean has been controversial for his 'slack' rapping style. His music and idea for his songs primarily focus on a "sad" or "emotional" atmosphere. XXL magazine included him in their 2014 list of "15 European Rappers You Should Know".

Discography

Albums

Unknown Memory (2014)

EPs

Unknown Death 2002 (2013)

Lavender (2013)

yung-lean-14.jpg?w=799

image.jpg

Here are 4 songs for those of you who are more into Pop

What do you think of Arizona Tea Company giving free bottles of their product because of Lean's image? .  Is he good? Yucky? Discuss!

I love him. He's actually pretty talented and his live shows are insanely fun. 

Yes! It took me a while to get into him, and his concerts seem so pumped, I need to see him

love your signature lol

Kyoto and Marble Phone are the only songs I like  :ohno:

I tried to like him, listened to his album twice and his mixtape once, but it just all seemed so bland and all blurred together. I think his aesthetic is what his fans are attracted to.

I understand completely, I still can't believe i like his songs.  He's so out of norm for me, with his slurred speech and psychedelic instrumentals, I was creep out, but I just needed to hear more.

His image has definitely played a roll in his uprising..the whole bucket hat, Arizona tea, deppression, Seapunk visuals.

He has no talent. I like three of his songs because of the beats. His producers are talented.

He certainly does have potential to rap like a "mainstream" one would. He def owes Yung Gud and Yung Sherman his life haha

Ugh. The love of my life. Heal me in a million ways, shawty. :cumming2:

He is the Swedish light saber savior ha

He certainly does have potential to rap like a "mainstream" one would. He def owes Yung Gud and Yung Sherman his life haha

His lyrics are intentionally garbage, so I can't tell if he's capable of writing anything good. He has one of the worst flows I have ever heard from a recording artist.

His lyrics are intentionally garbage, so I can't tell if he's capable of writing anything good. He has one of the worst flows I have ever heard from a recording artist.

Yeah, Some of his lyrics make me go :magikarp:   :judgingu3:. But you gotta remeber that he's just doing it as a joke/for fun...something that now has spiraled him to "fame". I know he has potential, but then people will call him a sellout 

What are the chances he wouldn't punch me in the face if I got high with him and offered to let him play Pokemon Stadium while I sucked on his nuts like pistachio?

Very slim, right?

I can still enjoy his music though. Leanworld, Hurt, Heal You, Yoshi City, Volt, Princess Daisy, Lightsaber...ugh. I have never loved a Swedish man so much.

Leanworld just gets me like :sluttybunny: :grinds:

What are the chances he wouldn't punch me in the face if I got high with him and offered to let him play Pokemon Stadium while I sucked on his nuts like pistachio?

Very slim, right?

I can still enjoy his music though. Leanworld, Hurt, Heal You, Yoshi City, Volt, Princess Daisy, Lightsaber...ugh. I have never loved a Swedish man so much.

Leanworld just gets me like :sluttybunny: :grinds:

:awkney: what

i love Princess Daisy too, it's so calm and simple

and Volt...YAAAAS