trayertrash

The Rock/Punk/Metal Heads Thread

HOW COULD I FORGET the best and perhaps my favorite hardcore band of all time is Bad Brains. So upbeat and energetic. While most hardcore like Negative Approach and Minor Threat are RAAAHHH ๐Ÿคฌ angry yelling in your face Bad Brains always seemed uplifting and positive, while still being loud and aggressive. Some jamaican Ska here and there as well

ย 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

8 hours ago, Brooklyn Fetus said:

me being here bc of ultraviolenceย 

ย 

honestly ultraviolence doesn't get enough credit in regards to being a rock album, it can be a pretty intense and dark album at times, cruel world, ultraviolence, shades of cool, pretty when you cry, and flipside can all get pretty intense at times whether instrumentally, vocally, and/or vocally, brooklyn baby, west coast, the other woman, florida kilos and black beauty all have a classic-rock sort of feel, and more mellow songs like sad girl, money power glory, FMWUTTT, old money, guns and roses, and is this happiness help round out the album while still remaining strong and worthy tracks on the album, she really delved deep into a very unique, strong, and stormy sonic world, she just simply doesn't get enough credit for it

i havent listened to this album in a long time, and idk if i just overplayed it while visiting my aunt in Alaska in 2018 or if it aged terribly, but the only songs i (now) enjoyed areย 

Ungrateful
Live Fast, Die Beautiful

the rest are either skips or just meh :sadcore:

https://www.discogs.com/release/10217420-Escape-The-Fate-Ungrateful

ย 

Last.FMย |ย Discogsย |ย Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

8 hours ago, Brooklyn Fetus said:

me being here bc of ultraviolenceย 

Not only ultraviolence, but let us not forget this masterpieceย 

This and Kill Kill, Jump, Smartyโ€ฆ all HAWAIIAN GLAM METAL

24 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

flipside

The most โ€œmetalโ€ song sheโ€™s ever written in my opinion, in terms of vibe. A masterpiece. @DemonMic2003ย ainโ€™t that right?

3 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Not only ultraviolence, but let us not forget this masterpieceย 

This and Kill Kill, Jump, Smartyโ€ฆ all HAWAIIAN GLAM METAL

The most โ€œmetalโ€ song sheโ€™s ever written in my opinion, in terms of vibe. A masterpiece. @DemonMic2003ย ainโ€™t that right?

honestly i think AKA has more metal sounding songs than Flipside. i cant quite put my finger on it, but thats my 2 cents

Last.FMย |ย Discogsย |ย Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

honestly i think AKA has more metal sounding songs than Flipside. i cant quite put my finger on it, but thats my 2 cents

I think that too sometimes. Raise Me Up is undoubtedly more metal sounding sonically speaking,ย with the percussion and guitar. But Flipside to me has always had a dark yet tranquil vibe. I remember the first time i heard the song, the eerie first seven seconds leading into the guitar literally sent shivers down my spine. The whole thing sounded so dark. It never had a moment where it took off into something lighter. The lack of drums made it more flat, so you had to pay attention more to the melody and tone of the guitar. The chorus and verses leading to the guitar solo to the end all fit together so melodically.ย And thatย drum cover a fan made elevated the song to a true BANGERย status. Itโ€™s the darkness that the song radiates that makes me equate it to โ€œmetalโ€.ย Itโ€™s the closest i can relateย a song to a spiritual experience, as goofy as that sounds.

1 hour ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

HOW COULD I FORGET the best and perhaps my favorite hardcore band of all time is Bad Brains. So upbeat and energetic. While most hardcore like Negative Approach and Minor Threat are RAAAHHH ๐Ÿคฌ angry yelling in your face Bad Brains always seemed uplifting and positive, while still being loud and aggressive. Some jamaican Ska here and there as well

ย 

someone else who likes bad brains!!!! been checking them out as well as minor threat a lot recently

i got a cool horror pump vinyl record at this store recently from a band called โ€œmourning noiseโ€โ€ฆ. they arenโ€™t too well known but glenn danzig gave them a lot of support when they started out.. just thought iโ€™d tell yโ€™all that lol

11 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

ย 

I got their compilation 'Banned In DC' a long time ago, and somehow forgot about it, but I'll have to find it again. They were a fantastic band. Anyone who was seeing bands back then always seems to say they stood out even among the legends of Hardcore.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png