trayertrash

The Rock/Punk/Metal Heads Thread

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

how would you describe doom metal

thick, textured guitar/bass, minor tonalities, slow tempo, and lyrics mostly focused on dread, paranoia, and psychedelic visions I think

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i know there's some sub-genres of metal that are very intense, but i think i can get into something that's a bit more relaxed and drone-y, i'll definitely have to check that band out soon!

Maybe try these? I haven't listened to these in a while but I think they're generally pretty lax?

https://tyrannus.bandcamp.com/album/unslayable

I like this one a lot https://riversofnihil.bandcamp.com/album/the-work

This one is almost like if the Alice: Madness Returns video game soundtrack was a metal Xmas album https://krampusnacht.bandcamp.com/album/krampusferatu

This homosexual has three solo songs and an orchestral metal band 

You can also always just listen to this podcast. They talk about all kinds of metal (and it's hosted by LGBT people!)

I can't remember if you've seen me post about it before tho. I've mentioned this podcast here several times :air2:

just listened to loveless by my bloody valentine, before, i was only familiar with sometimes, what a gorgeous, mysterious collection of songs! i only didn't really like two songs, touched, which is just a 50-second instrumental piece anyway, and to here knows when, i need more time with that one, i'll have to listen to them more to figure out my favorites, but i'm motivated to keep exploring more of their work and more shoegaze in general :flutter: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

20th anniversary of Fallen and Evanescence is doing it ALL.

"To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Fallen, we’ll be releasing remastered versions of the album on 2-LP, 2-CD, digital, and in a Super Deluxe Edition box set. All physical formats will include previously-unseen photos from the era, a handwritten foreword, and a rare selection of B-sides and recordings. The limited edition box set includes a cassette of 10 previously unreleased demos and voice notes, a book featuring new track-by-track notes, a custom turntable slipmat, plus a set of rare photo prints and enamel pin set round out the collection.
"

31 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

20th anniversary of Fallen and Evanescence is doing it ALL.

"To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Fallen, we’ll be releasing remastered versions of the album on 2-LP, 2-CD, digital, and in a Super Deluxe Edition box set. All physical formats will include previously-unseen photos from the era, a handwritten foreword, and a rare selection of B-sides and recordings. The limited edition box set includes a cassette of 10 previously unreleased demos and voice notes, a book featuring new track-by-track notes, a custom turntable slipmat, plus a set of rare photo prints and enamel pin set round out the collection.
"

GIVE ME A LINK TO THE CD BOX SET

3 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

https://found.ee/fallen20

I actually love that the 20th anniversary album cover is like a regular filter edit from instagram in 2012

res-3a4a1000-292d-4249-969c-45e9765a8fd3

It's $250 that's like my entire paycheck 😭

On 8/18/2023 at 9:15 PM, Surf Noir said:

just listened to loveless by my bloody valentine, before, i was only familiar with sometimes, what a gorgeous, mysterious collection of songs! i only didn't really like two songs, touched, which is just a 50-second instrumental piece anyway, and to here knows when, i need more time with that one, i'll have to listen to them more to figure out my favorites, but i'm motivated to keep exploring more of their work and more shoegaze in general :flutter: 

okay, so, now i really really love to here knows when, i've listened to their EP you made me realize and i didn't find myself impressed by it, and i'm listening to their first album isn't anything and i'm not into it either :bebe: i'll have to see how their latest album is, i would hope it's more similar to loveless which is incredible and so beautiful, but their earlier output from what i've heard isn't really anything special to me, especially not any of the horny songs like slow and soft as snow :bebe: really could've went without listening to those ones lol but i will still listen to their other projects, loveless is just so beautiful

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I finally got to see Tool in concert, and the show was everything I hoped it would be. This is probably the best thing that’ll happen to me all year. 
IMG-6110.jpg

Spoiler

And I was completely sober (as I have been for about 9 months.) I can’t even imagine how much fun this was for everyone who tripped balls at this show :dance:

IMG-6111.jpg

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

That PowerTrip festival back in October last year did a number on me. It definitely got me hooked onto Iron Maiden. All of the bands were really great but damn, Maiden blew me out of the water. Really wish I could’ve had the opportunity to see them in their prime. Their Rock in Rio concert from ‘01 gotta be one of the best concerts I’ve seen. Also seeing their mascot, Eddie, show up was awesome. Wish I could go back and relive that weekend again. Nothing like going to a metal festival and having a great time with everyone that enjoys the same music. Also, the mosh pits during Metallica were insane but super fun. 

Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio 2001

Here is the Rock in Rio concert is anyone wants to watch it 🤘🏻🤘🏻

c60551ec91989013e80eff1473898b3de703ee6b

I’ve listened to metal and punk all my life. In fact, i’m like 95% metalhead 5% Lanita, so i may have some interesting contributions to this thread. 

If you like shoegaze in any way shape or form, I highly highly recommend the band Alcest. Their Blackgaze. Meaning Shoegaze + Black Metal. Very ethereal, otherworldly, and often interesting music

Their first album in particular, Souvenirs d’un autre monde, is very beautiful. Like floating away on a cloud in a dream :legend:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I'd say I have quite broad music taste, but historically, rock has always been my "home." I like so many different sub-genres though. 

I've always adored old 60s-70s rock like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and The Doors. On equal level are the 80s & 90s rock bands  REM, Radiohead (although they are more electronica than alt rock I think, I do enjoy their more rock-leaning earlier songs too), The Cure, Nirvana, and PJ Harvey. 

I'm also into metal, but I'm really "fussy" about the singers. So many bands I enjoy the music but the singing just ruins it for me. My favourite sub genres are definitely classic heavy metal and thrash metal. So far the only bands I love are Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth. 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide