trayertrash

The Rock/Punk/Metal Heads Thread

20 minutes ago, Semafori said:

any Rammstein enjoyers? 

I don't listen to them as much but I used to a lot when I was a kid! My favorite was and still is Seamann <3 I don't remember if that's the correct name though!

Does anyone here like Danzig?

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

1 hour ago, niandra lades said:

I don't listen to them as much but I used to a lot when I was a kid! My favorite was and still is Seamann <3 I don't remember if that's the correct name though!

Does anyone here like Danzig?

Herzeleid is perfection 

1 hour ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

yeah why

Mostly wanted to ask if anyone had experienced/would be experiencing them as they are now going live on tour. Sadly I missed the chance to see them live in Chicago when they perform tomorrow .

2 hours ago, Semafori said:

Herzeleid is perfection 

Mostly wanted to ask if anyone had experienced/would be experiencing them as they are now going live on tour. Sadly I missed the chance to see them live in Chicago when they perform tomorrow .

oh okay. well not me, it's been a while since I heard their music and they're not gonna play in my country. would like to see them live someday too

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I was watching Ginger Snaps again today (my all time favourite movie) and I appreciate this masterpiece more with every watch, even though it was already true love when I first saw it at 14. 

The soundtrack is essentially all late 90s industrial and metal with cool electronic in there too. I would definitely suggest anyone in this thread to watch it if you haven't already, and if you appreciate good movie soundtracks. 

I really can't believe they did a werewolf horror from a teen girl perspective with a metal soundtrack. It was so ahead of its time! I always knew it.

5 hours ago, Semafori said:

Herzeleid is perfection 

I have this memory of my 5th grade teacher going to a Rammstein concert and breaking her foot, so... It surely would be an experience to see them in concert! A friend of mine is also seeing them here.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Yes! My dad who is German introduced them to me and my sister. We love them! 

I also love their piano rendition album as study music.

My favorite classical rendition is either ohne dich or mein herz brennt.

6 hours ago, niandra lades said:

I have this memory of my 5th grade teacher going to a Rammstein concert and breaking her foot, so... It surely would be an experience to see them in concert! A friend of mine is also seeing them here.

Oh they are crazy motherfuckers. The most insane stunts and pyrotechnics and sometimes it even turns into a mosh pit..

^Performed by the late Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics. Purportedly, the backmask at the end of the song, when reversed, says, "The brainwashed do not know they are brainwashed", among other things. R.I.P  W.O.W.

Anyone listen to Electric Callboy? I saw them at Good Things festival. Me and 5 other friends were so excited as we are all new fans, so we got to the front of the audience and waited for over an hour for them to start. We assumed the mosh pit wouldnt be so bad as they dont seem like theyd have aggressive fans but BOY were we wrong. We all got split up immeadiately as the first song started and had to fight our way out. The mosh pit was not just jumping and pushing forward like ive been in before for BFMV, it was everyone being knocked side to side, back and forth, and it took all my goddamn effort to stay on my feet and not end up on the floor, plus my boyfriend pulling me back up when my knees buckled. I couldnt even hear the song because i was in full fight or flight mode. 

Safe to say im never going up front to the centre again! Im going to Knotfest next year and will happily stay near the mid-back. 

Any bad moshpit stories from anyone else here? :,)

Here's a new (to me) band, from Argentina, Inmortalia. I know nothing at all about them, and because there seems to be almost nothing online about them in English, it looks like my work's cut out for me. Sometimes Youtube recommendations get it right.

It mostly sounds like typical goth metal, and then 4 or so minutes into it, it goes into a Deep Purple style keyboard part, presumably to the enjoyment of nobody except me.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

lately i've been making a conscious effort to really dive into the discographies of grunge bands, starting off with the big 4, besides nirvana because i'm already familiar with everything they've put out, i was familiar with a few songs from soundgarden, pearl jam, and alice in chains, but now i'm going through all of their albums and eventually i'll have to dive into the side-projects, such as audioslave, or temple of the dog, and as well as b-sides, demos, and other various rarities

these are the albums i've listened to so far, as well as my favorite tracks from each album

badmotorfinger by soundgarden (jesus christ pose, searching with my good eye closed)

superunknown by soundgarden (black hole sun, limo wreck, 4th of july, like suicide)

ten by pearl jam (even flow, alive, jeremy, oceans, release)

dirt by alice in chains (rain when i die, rooster, angry chair)

don't worry, i've already listened through the earlier soundgarden albums, which i may have to do again because i only like "flower" from ultramega ok, and i only like a few songs off of louder than love (ugly truth, hands all over, loud love), i may have a different perception of those earlier tracks now that i'm more familar with their work, i have also listened to facelift by alice in chains already as well

the next album i'll listen to is going to be down on the upside by soundgarden

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

lately i've been making a conscious effort to really dive into the discographies of grunge bands, starting off with the big 4, besides nirvana because i'm already familiar with everything they've put out, i was familiar with a few songs from soundgarden, pearl jam, and alice in chains, but now i'm going through all of their albums and eventually i'll have to dive into the side-projects, such as audioslave, or temple of the dog, and as well as b-sides, demos, and other various rarities

these are the albums i've listened to so far, as well as my favorite tracks from each album

badmotorfinger by soundgarden (jesus christ pose, searching with my good eye closed)

superunknown by soundgarden (black hole sun, limo wreck, 4th of july, like suicide)

ten by pearl jam (even flow, alive, jeremy, oceans, release)

dirt by alice in chains (rain when i die, rooster, angry chair)

don't worry, i've already listened through the earlier soundgarden albums, which i may have to do again because i only like "flower" from ultramega ok, and i only like a few songs off of louder than love (ugly truth, hands all over, loud love), i may have a different perception of those earlier tracks now that i'm more familar with their work, i have also listened to facelift by alice in chains already as well

the next album i'll listen to is going to be down on the upside by soundgarden

Love Like A Stone!

IMG-3521.jpg