trayertrash

The Rock/Punk/Metal Heads Thread

HOW COULD I FORGET the best and perhaps my favorite hardcore band of all time is Bad Brains. So upbeat and energetic. While most hardcore like Negative Approach and Minor Threat are RAAAHHH 🤬 angry yelling in your face Bad Brains always seemed uplifting and positive, while still being loud and aggressive. Some jamaican Ska here and there as well

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

On 6/26/2024 at 2:15 AM, Brooklyn Fetus said:

me being here bc of ultraviolence 

honestly ultraviolence doesn't get enough credit in regards to being a rock album, it can be a pretty intense and dark album at times, cruel world, ultraviolence, shades of cool, pretty when you cry, and flipside can all get pretty intense at times whether instrumentally, vocally, and/or lyrically, brooklyn baby, west coast, the other woman, florida kilos and black beauty all have a classic-rock sort of feel, and more mellow songs like sad girl, money power glory, FMWUTTT, old money, guns and roses, and is this happiness help round out the album while still remaining strong and worthy tracks on the album, she really delved deep into a very unique, strong, and stormy sonic world, she just simply doesn't get enough credit for it

remember, i'll always love you, bye

i havent listened to this album in a long time, and idk if i just overplayed it while visiting my aunt in Alaska in 2018 or if it aged terribly, but the only songs i (now) enjoyed are 

Ungrateful
Live Fast, Die Beautiful

the rest are either skips or just meh :sadcore:

https://www.discogs.com/release/10217420-Escape-The-Fate-Ungrateful

Last.FM | Discogs | JOYRIDE

qVUNz3j.png

8 hours ago, Brooklyn Fetus said:

me being here bc of ultraviolence 

Not only ultraviolence, but let us not forget this masterpiece 

This and Kill Kill, Jump, Smarty… all HAWAIIAN GLAM METAL

24 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

flipside

The most “metal” song she’s ever written in my opinion, in terms of vibe. A masterpiece. @DemonMic2003 ain’t that right?

3 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Not only ultraviolence, but let us not forget this masterpiece 

This and Kill Kill, Jump, Smarty… all HAWAIIAN GLAM METAL

The most “metal” song she’s ever written in my opinion, in terms of vibe. A masterpiece. @DemonMic2003 ain’t that right?

honestly i think AKA has more metal sounding songs than Flipside. i cant quite put my finger on it, but thats my 2 cents

qVUNz3j.png

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

honestly i think AKA has more metal sounding songs than Flipside. i cant quite put my finger on it, but thats my 2 cents

I think that too sometimes. Raise Me Up is undoubtedly more metal sounding sonically speaking, with the percussion and guitar. But Flipside to me has always had a dark yet tranquil vibe. I remember the first time i heard the song, the eerie first seven seconds leading into the guitar literally sent shivers down my spine. The whole thing sounded so dark. It never had a moment where it took off into something lighter. The lack of drums made it more flat, so you had to pay attention more to the melody and tone of the guitar. The chorus and verses leading to the guitar solo to the end all fit together so melodically. And that drum cover a fan made elevated the song to a true BANGER status. It’s the darkness that the song radiates that makes me equate it to “metal”. It’s the closest i can relate a song to a spiritual experience, as goofy as that sounds.

1 hour ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

HOW COULD I FORGET the best and perhaps my favorite hardcore band of all time is Bad Brains. So upbeat and energetic. While most hardcore like Negative Approach and Minor Threat are RAAAHHH 🤬 angry yelling in your face Bad Brains always seemed uplifting and positive, while still being loud and aggressive. Some jamaican Ska here and there as well

someone else who likes bad brains!!!! been checking them out as well as minor threat a lot recently

i got a cool horror pump vinyl record at this store recently from a band called “mourning noise”…. they aren’t too well known but glenn danzig gave them a lot of support when they started out.. just thought i’d tell y’all that lol

11 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

I got their compilation 'Banned In DC' a long time ago, and somehow forgot about it, but I'll have to find it again. They were a fantastic band. Anyone who was seeing bands back then always seems to say they stood out even among the legends of Hardcore.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

yeah hold up let me just put the most beautiful heartwrenching song ever in the best Grunge album ever

Also this is GAS

Hot take, but in many ways i feel Nirvana is UNDERRATED. I tend to dislike many popular bands and artists, most of which being woefully overrated. But Nirvana always lived up to the hype and then some for me.

1 hour ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Hot take, but in many ways i feel Nirvana is UNDERRATED. I tend to dislike many popular bands and artists, most of which being woefully overrated. But Nirvana always lived up to the hype and then some for me.

i feel both the same and opposite of you.

i have two of their albums on CD and the sound never really stood out to me. i like the idea of a grunge sound but im not really a fan of the sound as a whole. i do enjoy a few of the songs but not the full albums. i feel the hype for Nirvana only is so big because of the impact of Kurt Cobain's death was such a big story.

in the case of artists like Taylor, Beyonce or Adele, i liked them when i first discovered them and then later stopped when they got much bigger later on. i dont like artists that are way too big for their output. ill still tune in for new Tay or Adele though but i havent had a stan card for either of them since at least high school (4 years ago)

but also i hope that Gojira performing for the Olympics gives them a popularity boost, i havent listened to them too much apart from one or two albums now and then, but they deserve the (new) platform. theyre great.

qVUNz3j.png

37 minutes ago, The Siren said:

but also i hope that Gojira performing for the Olympics gives them a popularity boost, i havent listened to them too much apart from one or two albums now and then, but they deserve the (new) platform. theyre great

Yeah i saw the Gojira thing and was surprised. I’ve never listened to them before, but i thought it was cool to see a metal band getting exposure in something like the Olympics. Especially with the cinematic performance with the beheaded Marie Antoinette looking thing. The impending controversy with people saying it looked “satanic” was hilarious 🤣. I think metal related things are a lot more popular in Europe. When i was in Finland earlier this year i would see multiple metal shirts in public every time i went out, more than i’ve ever seen in America. So Gojira probably makes more sense for the olympics being in France as it’s more acceptable in their culture, and scares the brains of many Americans 😆

2 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

I think a lot of their songs are underrated, idk if I’d call the band necessarily underrated since they’re pretty popular even to this day. But they’re one of my fav bands :flutter: nirvana will always be that bitch

492482-1.png

♡︎

34 minutes ago, meIanchoIia said:

I guess nobody knows this band since its Polish, but I highly recommend theirs songs! Worth listening even if you don't understand this language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37v9DcQF7I&ab_channel=TheAnalogsTV

I've heard many Oi and street punk bands before, although not this one. That genre was always complicated because so many of the bands were so politically motived. Not all of them, but many of the bands seemed to veer either far left or far right, which made listening to and getting into the genre kind of awkward. The right wing faction of oi had the name "rac" which stood for rock against communism :lmao:. Some of the bands like Skrewdriver were actually kind of catchy but it always came off as very comical due to the ideology behind it.  Coincidentally, the only polish punk band I know of is a rac band called 

Obłęd. They played in a similar style to the band you linked above. I never understood the lyrics of that band but i can only imagine they weren't very nice :biblio:.  I always thought it was funny how right wing punk tended to be in the Oi style and left wing punk tended to be in either the Ska or hardcore style. One of my favorite bands ever is a left wing band called Leftover Crack. Highly influential in my formative years. I highly recommend any of their songs or albums 

I swear, this youtuber Wyattxhim is the best source for anything underground metal related. He makes easy to understand yet very informative videos on metal and other obscure music related topics. His whole channel is super interesting and informative. I'm pretty sure i discovered Strawberry Switchblade through his channel like 2 years ago, which is crazy to think about :toofunny:. I think i discovered Twin Temple through him as well. I bet he'd be a huge lana fan :thumb: