Sign in to follow this  
National Anthem

Priest

Priest-JenniferMedina-2015-Press-2.jpg

Madeline Priest and David Kazyk, formerly known as "X priest X", are a synthpop duo from Florida. They sound to me like a mixture of Purity Ring + Kitten + Sky Ferreira. They are now gearing up for their first full length album, set to be released on May 5th, with the release of the gorgeous shimmering lead single "The Game" and & "Broken", which is available for preview & preorder now (https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/broken-single/id973644690) and will be released on 3/31.

Here is "The Game":

Also to be noted, under X priest X they released a 4 track EP titled Samurai:

Listen on Soundcloud.com

g3DZH8v.png

H0bDaqU.gif

That's awesome! Glad to see another fan. Did you get any good info from messaging them?

They were just starting by that time, they told me the Samurai EP came through playing, like they weren't fixed to the idea of making an EP or anything, they were trying to get a record deal by the time, and that they were kind of hyped to be referenced to Grimes :D

Care to send me a zip? :hooker:

also oooh fellow floridians, holla

I can't send the 5 official songs because I bought them on iTunes and they are tagged to my family's email lol, but I can link you to the two "unreleased" songs if you want! I actually just ripped them from soundcloud :P

H0bDaqU.gif

I can't send the 5 official songs because I bought them on iTunes and they are tagged to my family's email lol, but I can link you to the two "unreleased" songs if you want! I actually just ripped them from soundcloud :P

You can remove the email tag & retain the audio quality by right-clicking and making an AAC file copy. :cuteface:

14417469274.gif

You can remove the email tag & retain the audio quality by right-clicking and making an AAC file copy. :cuteface:

Oh you're right, hadn't thought of this!!! I will create a zip tomorrow and send it your way :)

A combo of Purity Ring, Kitten, and Sky sounds DIVINE so you better not let me down... I'm about to listen...

Really this sonic blend of sounds only fits "The Game" for me, and it's just parts and pieces of those three artists together, but yeah give it a go and let me know thoughts!!

H0bDaqU.gif

I listened to their EP + The Game and I'm not really impressed. :(

It all sounds kind of... electro Garage Band-y to me. I feel like there wasn't really any, like, musical progression (?) in any of the songs. They reminded me of dreary 80s music, but bland and without a chorus. Like really - the choruses didn't stand out at all or sound much different from the verses. Tbh I found no stand-out moments in any of the songs which was disappointing because a few of them sounded promising. 

The Game was the best of them, but it's just ok. Nothing special.  :noparty:

14417469274.gif

I kinda think her voice is too monotone and it makes every song sound the same. I still keep all of their music on my phone though, it's nice background noise. <That sounds bad, but I really don't mean it to.

I'm starting to feel the samey-ness in their songs too, but I'm waiting it out to hear the debut album. A third promo single called "Strong Hearts" is on iTunes for preorder now so I have to believe the album is coming in May still.

H0bDaqU.gif