Fluorine

Charli XCX

from genius

The track was released as a promotional single on May 31st, 2018.

The song marks Charli’s first released collaboration with The Invisible Men since Iggy Azalea’s 2014 hit “Fancy,” and is a sonic departure from the PC Music production featured on her 2017 mixtapes.

SONIC DEPARTURE WHAT THE FUCK

from genius

The song marks Charli’s first released collaboration with The Invisible Men since Iggy Azalea’s 2014 hit “Fancy,” and is a sonic departure from the PC Music production featured on her 2017 mixtapes.

Sonic as in sonically - just one song sounding different let's remain calm

HOWEVER SHES RELEASING LOADS OF MUSIC AND VIDEOS THIS YEAR DO NOT REMAIN CALM

from genius

this means literally nothing a fan wrote it and is assuming her music henceforth will be as trap as 5ITM which we already know is not the case

WHY DID WE DONT STOP HAVE TO GO TO KIM ...five in the morning literally sounds like a kim petras song and we don’t stop is what i need from charli now and it fits with the sound of foml. WHYYYYYY

wdym why did it have to go to kim? Did Charli write it/co-write it??

wdym why did it have to go to kim? Did Charli write it/co-write it??

i was upset when i posted that so it doesn't make sense....sooooo. and im pretty sure kim wrote we dont stop with soph. but i still think both tracks wouldve soundsed better if 5 was a kim song and we dont stop a charli one 

You all only hate 5ITM because it's a single and you guys do this with all of her singles. You did it with ATAP. You did it with Boys. If this were a mixtape track you all would be praising it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5038483

Wow you really thought you spilled tea with this... you even went to look for a gif omg mess :facepalm:

Look, no offense but 5ITM, so far, sounds like a generic mess. I'll give it like 3 chances to catch my attention when it's up on Spotify. That's more chances than the GP would give. The point of a single is usually to either grab attention or stir up excitement for the album, and 5ITM doesn't grab my attention or make me excited for the album. I personally felt the same with ATAP and Boys (at the time of their release, they're not so bad now) because the singles were not at all up to par with what she's capable of. Not just because they're singles. Along with 5ITM, they fall extremely short of the kind of bops Charli serves so well.

tenor.gif?itemid=5038483

Okay so it's not her best, wbk, but can we really expect anything? I mean her music has taken such a dramatic turn in every. single. release. Like, let's take a walkthrough from:

H&E - Super Ultra - True Romance - Sucker (punk concept) - Sucker (released version) - Vroom Vroom - No. 1 Angel - Pop2

This woman clearly cannot decide on a fucking genre or even simply an aesthetic at this point, so nothing surprises me anymore.

That being said I actually can bop to 5itm, it's a cute girl. Not as good as N1A but better than Pop2. Yes sisters I said it, don't come for me, it's the facts.

At this point with all of the leaks, and things probably still somewhat circulating, we probably have to face the sad fact that she isn't gonna release a lot of the live songs we want. So at this point I'm just hoping for leaks if she's confirmed to have scrapped them. (No Angel, I'm looking @ you. We are ready  :creep: )

TjmiIK4.png