Fluorine

Charli XCX

I was seeing Charli's live performances and I got scared :oprah: she has big boobs :oprah: I never noticed them but in I Love It it's impossible :oprah:

Ah and... My Favorite track it's "Nuclear Seasons," with "What I Like" and "Stay Away" in my Top 3 too.

Least favorite from True Romance is "Black Roses" and Maybe "Take My Hand" :)

I FUCKING DIED :lmao:

Madrigal, bless that post of yours. I could've read ten more paragraphs if you had written.

So flattered, you have no idea.  :$ 

@@comeintomybedroom Let's make on of the "Questions of the Day!" be something along the lines of "Write a series of brief paragraphs defending your choice for favourite Charli song and explaining why another of your choice deserves less admiration", or something like that. :creep: Just because we have so many really short posts in this thread, and it would be nice to fill it up with long-er entries...and c'mon guys, writing is fun.  :toofunny: 

So flattered, you have no idea.  :$ 

@@comeintomybedroom Let's make on of the "Questions of the Day!" be something along the lines of "Write a series of brief paragraphs defending your choice for favourite Charli song and explaining why another of your choice deserves less admiration", or something like that. :creep: Just because we have so many really short posts in this thread, and it would be nice to fill it up with long-er entries...and c'mon guys, writing is fun.  :toofunny:

Ahh! Okay lol. National Anthem and I will be keeping you guys informed of current discussion topics and upcoming! :)

You guys, feel free to give us ideas 'cause we can only think of so much!

Ahh! Okay lol. National Anthem and I will be keeping you guys informed of current discussion topics and upcoming! :)

You guys, feel free to give us ideas 'cause we can only think of so much!

Ha ha (that is to say, HA HA HA!), I think I might have some ideas! Hmmm...

1. What do you think Charli should've done differently on her road to getting where she is, if there is anything you'd alter at all?

2. As far as unleaked material goes, is there anything you'd especially like to hear?

3. You can ask Charli any one question - what would it be?

4. Favourite lyrics, and why.

5. Strongest and weakest Charli moments - at least one of each, from any song.

Hopefully these help a bit. :P

Ha ha (that is to say, HA HA HA!), I think I might have some ideas! Hmmm...

1. What do you think Charli should've done differently on her road to getting where she is, if there is anything you'd alter at all?

2. As far as unleaked material goes, is there anything you'd especially like to hear?

3. You can ask Charli any one question - what would it be?

4. Favourite lyrics, and why.

5. Strongest and weakest Charli moments - at least one of each, from any song.

Hopefully these help a bit. :P

Thanks! They're great!

I've been creeping in this thread since like page 70-ish  :creep: but I saw Charli XCX live a couple of days ago so thought I should actually register now. And uhh first thing I gotta say, oh my god she's so short!!

But anyway,she was rly good ofc. I mostly remember like before the show when the crew was putting out the gear cause I was like "that guy kinda looks like the keyboardist... and that dude sorta looks a bit like the drummer..." and of course it was them right. I didn't think they'd put their own shit up. But they did. 

The set itself felt really short and she didn't cover I Want It That Way which was a bummer but whatever really. Overall it was cool.

As for the daily q I don't really have an ideal TR tracklist, I'd just play Take My Hand on repeat. :bop:

Now this I can do.

Ideal True Romance tracklist:

1. Nuclear Seasons (With Intro) - Although we already had the song, it really sets the tone in this new format with the spacey intro and represents her artistry very well.

2. You (Ha Ha Ha) - Anthemic lead single must remain.

3. Take My Hand - The best song on True Romance AND a new track.

4. Go to the Jungle - Based on Phaeleh's remix, this song is good enough and should have made the final tracklist. Young hearts run free--it's just so good even in the form it's available in, I can't imagine how great the original must be.

5. Feel My Pain - With this title and those glorious demo beats. Keep the great new bridge but make it SLAM like it's intended to.

6. True Romance - She admitted on Twitter that she'd written a song for someone else called "True Romance." What kind of logic? It belongs here.

7. Interior - It sounds so very Charli and so very True Romance. An outtake that didn't deserve to be one. Plus, I'd love to hear it polished up and finalized.

8. Grins (feat. Sky Ferreira) - "Grins" is already an incredible song, but it was previously released. Hey, call it a demo and make the album version this heavenly pairing we saw on stage.

9. Mess - Probably the biggest snub from the tracklist. Pray it's on the next album, at least. Ugh it's probably in my top 5 favorite Charli songs and we only have a live recording, I can't stand it. No lie, if I were to meet her I think it's important enough that I'd definitely ask about its fate.

10. Black Roses - Solid jam, a new song at time of its release.

11. Midnight - Fucking intriguing title, supposedly on lockdown--of course I salivate for it!

12. How Can I - It would be amazing if they could lift the "demo" version from Elfie Hopkins and put it on the album without touching it.

13. Lock You Up - Basically new + amazing anyway.

BONUS TRACKS:

14. What I Like - Not my favorite song but it deserves a place and was new at the time of release.

15. Glow (Extended) - Here's where I get real pipedreamy! My aforementioned favorite song is sadly too short. Add a bridge, watch me cry/die~

16. The Killing Moon - BECAUSE IT EXISTS.

That's right, I axed Cloud Aura, So Far Away, You're the One--even my baby Stay Away! I was feeling cruel, but it's better this way. Too far-fetched? Clearly.

I caught an interview with Charli XCX on the radio just like recently, which was live from today. Where she talked about how she's writing/recording her second album and she said that the next new material we'll hear could be coming out as early as September, :shock: but she said "maybe that's optimistically" or something like that.   :assad:  We'll see ya know. Uh other than she said that because well, she's recording in Sweden and it doesn't get dark here really during the summer so they accidentally worked until like 5-6am without realizing. And that she liked "the vibe" in Stockholm and that she was thinking of moving there idk I don't think she was like really being serious you know. They talked about I Love It ofc and they asked how she and Icona Pop met yada yada you all know it's usually what they ask. How she didn't like art school cause she had to explain herself but now she has to more as a musician etc.. That she's inspired by visual arts. That she used to make installations (I think) about Justin Bieber and Britney Spears. And uhh Idk that's pretty much what I remember. 

The important part was of course. New material. September (maybe). :crying:

And I might get to see her live again in October, when she's playing in Denmark, depends on money really. BUt maybe.  :icant2:

And I listened to Super Ultra mixtape and I am so making an ideal True Romance tracklist. But I am putting way to much into it so I'm not done yet but I'll post it later today. For sure.

I think it's interesting how polarizing Take My Hand is... Some people are saying it's her best song and is just so perfect and amazing but...  :horror:

I like it, but I don't think the production is that great.. It's kind of clunky... Like I just don't think it flows well. the du-bum-bam.....du-du-bum-bum... I have NO IDEA how to describe it but y'all clearly know... The beat is just kind of quirky but not in a good way because I don't think it flows quite right. I feel like the song could be better.

ANYWAY: Ideal True Romance Tracklist

1. Intro (the one in NS but as a separate track)

2. Nuclear Seasons

3. You (Ha Ha Ha)

4. Take My Hand 

5. Outro to set up for Stay Away

6. Stay Away

7. Set Me Free (with more umph and vocal layering... More like the demos)

8. GLOW (I want it on here but not sure where to put it)

9. Grins (ft. Sky Ferreira)

10.Cloud Aura (With another badass Charli rap verse and less repetition)

11. What I Like

12.Black Roses with another verse or something so it's less repetitive

13. YOU'RE THE ONE! (with a cool little Grins outro like in the minimix)

14. Polished demo version of How Can I (with the cool whispering and the edginess that was taken out in the new version)

15. Lock You Up (with some of the live elements to it, like the breakdown at the end and whatever)

16. Killing Moon

I guess tbh I wouldn't want it THAT much different... She did a great job.

Ideal True Romance Tracklisting

1. Intro (Used in Nuclear Seasons) - It's perfect for opening an album or a performance

2. Nuclear Seasons - HAS to be on the album

3. You (Ha Ha Ha) - obvious reason, first single

4. You're The One - still an anthem and has to be kept

5. Take My Hand - loved by many and it's just perfectly matches the theme

6. How Can I (Remastered Version) - it's more eerie and darker than the album version

7. Interior - neat love song that could match if remastered

8. Stay Away - one of her best that everyone can connect to

9. Lock You Up (Remastered Version) - this version is just more funner, but yet again very.... heavy 

10. Black Roses - HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE BLACK ROSES

11. Grins - Not my favorite but it's one of charli's favorite 

12. Watch The Rain - If Charli can include Stay Away that was from 14 why not include a better track? 

13. What I Like - Catchy and nice and it's fun and about love. 

14. Killing Moon - It's a better cover song from her than So Far Away 

Bonus Tracks: basically all her collabs that are popular

15. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) - the song that made her more mainstream and big imo

16. Cloud Aura (feat. Brooke Candy) - with an extra charli verse it would be way better

17. Just Desserts (Charli XCX & Marina and the Diamonds) - perfectly matches the theme but not the sound of the album but it's a great collab so why not

^But how can you take off Stay Away!!!!!? And btw Stay Away wasn't from 14... She recorded it way after. Her oldest song that's on True Romance is Set Me Free/Feel My Pain which she said she wrote when she was 14. Stay Away was when she was like 17.

Oh I must have mistaken it from that oopss. I'll edit it I don't like Set Me Free either tbh, I thought it was more recent than Stay Away

I got a hold of the interview from today, as an mp3. It's 9ish minutes long if anyone wants it, I could post somewhere idk. If anyone wants to hear it.

Sure! I rarely listen to interviews (at least recent ones), so I'd love to not have to work to listen to it. :P

Sure! I rarely listen to interviews (at least recent ones), so I'd love to not have to work to listen to it. :P

Cool.

http://d.pr/a/oDfz

It'll be deleted in like a week automatically.

There's a lil swedish bit right in the beginning where the interviewer calls her like snazzy or something idk but the interview is in English.

Okay, here's my ideal tracklist:

1. "You (Ha Ha Ha)"

2. "Take My Hand" minus the outro. This track is much better imo without the ending that drags out the song and doesn't even really fit with it.

3. "Stay Away"

4. "Feel My Pain" same version as the one on the album now, just a shortened title.

5. "What I Like"

6. "You're the One"

7. "Black Roses"

8. "Nuclear Seasons" EP version. I hate the intro, and I know, I'm like the only one...

9. "Heatwave" extended version and polished up with a new verse/lyrics

10. "Deep Into The Ocean" this is the new title for Fāār-i-kāl and is polished a bit.

DELUXE EDITION

11. "Lock You Up"

12. "End Of The World"

13. "Moments In Love" I think the shortness and simplicity of this song would serve as a good outro for the album. Could be remastered/rerecorded.

H0bDaqU.gif