Fluorine

Charli XCX

omg they're cute together http://video.teenvogue.com/watch/charli-xcx-nat-wolff-june-july-teen-vogue-cover

new written interview- worth the read http://noisey.vice.com/blog/pop-never-sleeps-48-hours-in-las-vegas-with-charli-xcx

“If I'm honest it was all really beginning to feel repetitive. I know you're not meant to complain about these things as a ‘popstar.’ You're supposed to be all, ‘Life is great!’ But... I've been struggling, feeling depressed about everything. I was in New Zealand and I performed the whole of “London Queen” face down on the floor. Literally like this,” Charli drops to the grass and lies on her stomach, passed out like a miniature Robert Smith. “Everyone was like, Is she ok? I was in Australia for a month and had an existential crisis.”

Her enthusiasm multiplies when talking about what's next. A few weeks ago she released a collaboration with disco legend Giorgio Moroder called “Diamonds” but the two never actually met in person. She's been working with SOPHIE, the face of PC Music, too. “I love PC Music. It's intelligent and I like how they're fucking with people.” In January Charli went to Sweden with Rostam, MNDR, and SOPHIE who she invited out there. “We clicked and did four or five songs. One of them is called “Vroom Vroom.” I don't know if we'll put it out soon or if it'll be on my next record but my next record is gonna be the most electronic thing I've ever done.” Charli is keen to work with new people, including Robyn's collaborator Klas Ahlund. “I wanna make the gigs for the next album like going to the Vue cinema. Every song will have a whole narrative through it.”

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

omg they're cute together http://video.teenvogue.com/watch/charli-xcx-nat-wolff-june-july-teen-vogue-cover

new written interview- worth the read http://noisey.vice.com/blog/pop-never-sleeps-48-hours-in-las-vegas-with-charli-xcx

“If I'm honest it was all really beginning to feel repetitive. I know you're not meant to complain about these things as a ‘popstar.’ You're supposed to be all, ‘Life is great!’ But... I've been struggling, feeling depressed about everything. I was in New Zealand and I performed the whole of “London Queen” face down on the floor. Literally like this,” Charli drops to the grass and lies on her stomach, passed out like a miniature Robert Smith. “Everyone was like, Is she ok? I was in Australia for a month and had an existential crisis.”

Her enthusiasm multiplies when talking about what's next. A few weeks ago she released a collaboration with disco legend Giorgio Moroder called “Diamonds” but the two never actually met in person. She's been working with SOPHIE, the face of PC Music, too. “I love PC Music. It's intelligent and I like how they're fucking with people.” In January Charli went to Sweden with Rostam, MNDR, and SOPHIE who she invited out there. “We clicked and did four or five songs. One of them is called “Vroom Vroom.” I don't know if we'll put it out soon or if it'll be on my next record but my next record is gonna be the most electronic thing I've ever done.” Charli is keen to work with new people, including Robyn's collaborator Klas Ahlund. “I wanna make the gigs for the next album like going to the Vue cinema. Every song will have a whole narrative through it.”

The fact that this guy is listed as the co-writer of "Diamonds" on Harry Fox makes this claim even more interesting. He's connected to Bloodshy & Avant / Miike Snow somehow, right? Isn't he a brother to one of those guys? I also didn't know she was friends with MDNR. I know I've seen that chick's name and picture before, but aside from a song i heard and promptly forgot (feel like it was called "Diamonds" too), she didn't seem interesting at all. But "whole narrative through it" sounds almost concept album ready. I think hearing Charli try to tell more stories in her music would be pretty cool. 

that interview was actually really really good + feels v personal...i laughed so hard at:

So Charli doesn’t want people to ask whether Sucker was inspired by the Ramones?

“No! Just fucking Google it! I know I'm not meant to say that but I'm so desperate to move onto the next thing. I believe in albums but they can be digested so quickly. There's no desperation from fans to get hold of a record ‘cause it's all there already and includes a free download of the bonus track.”

it seems like she's actually being self-aware this time around 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

The fact that this guy is listed as the co-writer of "Diamonds" on Harry Fox makes this claim even more interesting. He's connected to Bloodshy & Avant / Miike Snow somehow, right? Isn't he a brother to one of those guys? I also didn't know she was friends with MDNR. I know I've seen that chick's name and picture before, but aside from a song i heard and promptly forgot (feel like it was called "Diamonds" too), she didn't seem interesting at all. But "whole narrative through it" sounds almost concept album ready. I think hearing Charli try to tell more stories in her music would be pretty cool. 

His brother was a co-writer/producer on You (Ha Ha Ha), and she said Diamonds was old and was written on her first trip to Sweden so its entirely possible that they we're in the same room together since she clearly worked with his brother on You (Ha Ha Ha). Klaus has worked with literally everyone from Madonna, to Ke$ha, to Tove Lo, to Katy Perry, to Usher, so I'm sure thats where the connection is.

Although Sucker was decidedly more punk than most high-profile records, Charli originally was aiming to go much more extreme with her music; she made a whole punk record in Sweden that has not yet seen the light of day.

Those songs, however, could get a facelift soon. “I might release a couple of songs,”

she said. “I actually had a really interesting phone call with Marilyn Manson a couple of months ago where we spoke about working on some music or doing a show together. I kind of want to send them to him and see if he wants to f–k around with them.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/2164658/never-mind-the-boom-clap-is-charli-xcx-ever-going-to-put-out-that-punk-record/

“I really want to focus this tour on just my album Sucker,” Charli said. “I really want to take it back to the original idea I had when making this record, which was to make a super raw, very punk-inspired album. I think I’m going to change it sonically so it’s more that. A lot less electronic. It’s cool. It’s going to be wild. It’s going to be sweaty.”

damn now i really want to go

I love that it finally sounds like Charli is in it for the music again and not the money and success. Hopefully this is a turning point for the better.

She's a performer at heart, I think. This is her chance to make the music truly her own.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I love how the SOPHIE song is just called Vroom Vroom :toofunny:

D78CC4AB721103633016145768448_1.3.2.mp4.

father please | i know what the silence's for | i don't want you standing at my door | opening the lock with your fingers no

the static in the x ray specs chorus makes me want to sacrifice several babies

father please | i know what the silence's for | i don't want you standing at my door | opening the lock with your fingers no

am I the only one who didn't know X-Ray Specs was given to Bella Thorne? my friend just told me it's registered as her song on ASCAP

TjmiIK4.png

I thought X-Ray Specs was called Watching You

it's actually registered as "X-Ray Spex"

TjmiIK4.png