Fluorine

Charli XCX

i doubt charli really wanted to record issues...

the way she had to make backhanded excuses about not writing boys like that lol

she didn't, she presented the album to the label but they weren't happy with it and forced her to record some pitched demos (Boys, Issues, Our Boyfriend, there was another one but I forgot what it was). she hated them all, but Boys was the one she hated 'least' and decided to release it because she could envisage a video 'like a male version of Taylor's Bad Blood video'. she still absolutely hates the song though.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

she didn't, she presented the album to the label but they weren't happy with it and forced her to record some pitched demos (Boys, Issues, Our Boyfriend, there was another one but I forgot what it was). she hated them all, but Boys was the one she hated 'least' and decided to release it because she could envisage a video 'like a male version of Taylor's Bad Blood video'. she still absolutely hates the song though.

the amount of misinformation in this 1 post... :rip:

cass lowe, emily warren, and eyelar were commissioned to write songs for Charli in mid 2017 after the original XCX World album was scrapped before any leaks

she absolutely loved Our Boyfriend and Rare. otherwise she wouldn't have recorded them.

cass lowe, emily warren, and eyelar were commissioned to write songs for Charli in mid 2017 after the original XCX World album was scrapped before any leaks

she absolutely loved Our Boyfriend and Rare. otherwise she wouldn't have recorded them.

why did her label not trust her to write her own songs ? 

why did her label not trust her to write her own songs ? 

it was really a one time thing. they wanted to make sure that she had "radio friendly" and "chart guaranteed" songs to release instead of the unique PC/pop blend that was XCX World that they didn't like. but really they messed up scrapping the album, I mean imagine CTMP in 2016... the success that it could've had. I'm so happy that they're giving her another chance this time.

Uh, NO, this is literally what the leaker told me. She does not like Our Boyfriend or the other pitched songs.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1