Fluorine

Charli XCX

Charli performed at an Hotel thing, I enjoyed it.

Her performance starts at 1 hour and 9 minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEcMJ5bJMh8

lol at the "I know my gays at the first know, come on" in Lipgloss

This is cute but why does she feel like she has to sing songs like I Love It and Break The Rules, I mean she even said she doesn’t like Break The Rules. It’s frustrating that she doesn’t think her other material is good enough to play to masses of people and that she has to play crowd pleasers to stay relevant. But I feel like that’s just plastering her as a one hit wonder artist to people that don’t even know she has other songs. She comes on and people are like who? And then Boom Clap/Break The Rules/I Love It comes on and they’re like oh yeah I remember this bop from 3000 years ago. Imagine she just blasted on the stage with Trophy.

giphy.gif

This is cute but why does she feel like she has to sing songs like I Love It and Break The Rules, I mean she even said she doesn’t like Break The Rules. It’s frustrating that she doesn’t think her other material is good enough to play to masses of people and that she has to play crowd pleasers to stay relevant. But I feel like that’s just plastering her as a one hit wonder artist to people that don’t even know she has other songs. She comes on and people are like who? And then Boom Clap/Break The Rules/I Love It comes on and they’re like oh yeah I remember this bop from 3000 years ago. Imagine she just blasted on the stage with Trophy.

yeah! i was thinking the record label were the ones choosing the set list, specially for the Republican tour, but for shows like this I def think she could amp it up! I felt like she had quite a few fans there. It looks like she is having fun so I am glad for that  :flutter:

yeah! i was thinking the record label were the ones choosing the set list, specially for the Republican tour, but for shows like this I def think she could amp it up! I felt like she had quite a few fans there. It looks like she is having fun so I am glad for that :flutter:

I totally get it on the Taylor tour because like you say, I doubt she has full choice of what songs go on that set list. But with things like this where she’s obviously been asked if she wants a spot on the festival or whatever it is, then surely she has more creative control

giphy.gif

I totally get it on the Taylor tour because like you say, I doubt she has full choice of what songs go on that set list. But with things like this where she’s obviously been asked if she wants a spot on the festival or whatever it is, then surely she has more creative control

i dont think she's ever performed Porsche (that i know of) which is one of my favorites  :defeated:

and thinking about her RL making decisions you would think they would want her to perform her to perform more newer songs, my mindset is that they've heard the older songs before, some of the people at the concert MIGHT go home and listen to her older hits a a couple of times. If she performs her new music and might get new fans. But then again I think a lot of her songs aren't PG friendly and the company prolly takes into consideration that most of snake's audience are teens.  :deadbanana:

i dont think she's ever performed Porsche (that i know of) which is one of my favorites  :defeated:

and thinking about her RL making decisions you would think they would want her to perform her to perform more newer songs, my mindset is that they've heard the older songs before, some of the people at the concert MIGHT go home and listen to her older hits a a couple of times. If she performs her new music and might get new fans. But then again I think a lot of her songs aren't PG friendly and the company prolly takes into consideration that most of snake's audience are teens.  :deadbanana:

It’s annoying that people think Charli is this wholesome, pop princess, shit don’t stink type girl when in reality, she’s gritty, she’s messy, her music is gritty and messy and it all just WORKS. That’s who she is, she isn’t this polished turd that her label try to make her out to be. And I really feel like she doesn’t want to be like that. Why can’t she pop out on Taylor’s stage in full latex banging out Trophy or Vroom Vroom. Or yeah, even songs like Porsche or Blame it on You or fucking DREAMER omg. She doesn’t even perform 1 Night.

giphy.gif