Fluorine

Charli XCX

Do most of you consider replay value = favorite ?? Like is your favorite song the one you replay the most? Or do you have a favorite but you listen to it less than others? Does that make sense

Charli is seriously mastering her hooks. Babygirl, Unlock it, Focus, I Got It, Roll With Me, etc..... all rely on a single word/phrase repeated consistently, yet they’re all bangers. I think Charli really listened to what will.i.am said about his songwriting process & started using his method a lot more recently. I don’t mind at all because she can pull anything off effortlessly, & I know she’s capable of great songwriting so it doesn’t bother me when she releases gibberish bangers. Those deserve love too!!!!

:squidward:

I prefer listening to my favorite as little as possible so as to not ware it out BABMqcG.gif

Do most of you consider replay value = favorite ?? Like is your favorite song the one you replay the most? Or do you have a favorite but you listen to it less than others? Does that make sense

Charli is seriously mastering her hooks. Babygirl, Unlock it, Focus, I Got It, Roll With Me, etc..... all rely on a single word/phrase repeated consistently, yet they’re all bangers. I think Charli really listened to what will.i.am said about his songwriting process & started using his method a lot more recently. I don’t mind at all because she can pull anything off effortlessly, & I know she’s capable of great songwriting so it doesn’t bother me when she releases gibberish bangers. Those deserve love too!!!!

:squidward:

True, especially when you consider her number of songs that have much more “developed” hooks and phrasing... a few “gibberish bangers” are deserved and justified at that point!

Sorry but I still can't stand Tears. It's not bad - but it is weak (to me) for Charli.

it’s a grower! i hated it a first, that ugly scream that carries on for the whole thing is so annoying but the song is beautiful after all. the ending is so pure with all the autotune distortions ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️