Fluorine

Charli XCX

planning her career for after her voice gives out, nice

rather concerning how much this article is just about that tbh, especially phrases like "tries to whisper" like jeeeez she's really wrecking herself

...kim petras stealing her voice like in the little mermaid

Honestly i know people won't stop harrassing her about Taxi but that alleged Jam City collab (the one Umru was playing? I'm still confused lol) is fucking insane. I really really realllllly hope it comes out. Is that the one people are calling "In the Next Life"?

The Jam City collab was played by Jam City in a DJ set like 3 months ago and someone took a video on their phone and posted it on twitter. That's the only recording of it that we have afaik and I don't think it has any fan title yet (besides Jam City collab lols)

Umru is not involved with it - someone just thought it sounded like Umru but they tweeted @ him and asked abt it and he said he'd never heard it before. We have almost no info on it, it actually might not even be produced by Jam City, we just assumed it is cus it sounds like his style of production. We can't even say that it's Charli with 100% certainty....but tbh it sounds exactly like her I would be shocked if it wasn't her.

I wish we had more info about it! It is truly a banger and I will be so sad if it doesn't see the light of day eventually!!

planning her career for after her voice gives out, nice

rather concerning how much this article is just about that tbh, especially phrases like "tries to whisper" like jeeeez she's really wrecking herself

Really really does TOO much  :defeated:  I hope she recovers from these past few intense months. I love her voice so much! 

Just been listening to snippets from her studio sessions over the last year and a bit and damn!

I need to hear Bricks, Closer, Dance All Night, Middle Finger, Mona Lisa, My Heart, Party 4 U, Shoes and all the rest  :defeated:  I really want an album in this vein, like emo lyrics with amazing production, kinda like a comedown from the party vibes of the mixtapes.

Also, I know Sucker isn't loved here (I like it), but I'd lover to hear her return to the early sound like ye ye pop. Cos 'Light It Up' and 'Need Ur Luv' are career highlights

Remember when Charli would say cringey shit like “I think periods are punk” during Sucker era interviews??? Like was that her just being a weirdo or did her media team think that was gonna be relatable/ cool to the public???