Fluorine

Charli XCX

Do you guys think we'll get a mixtape soon after the Reputation tour? I feel like she's recorded so material that she's just sitting on

That's honestly what I assumed her whole plan with these monthly drops, it makes too much sense

1. Drop singles and start playing them on tour every month

2. Generate hype

3. New project once it's done

4. Headline tour

5. ???????

6. profit

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

Do you guys think we'll get a mixtape soon after the Reputation tour? I feel like she's recorded so material that she's just sitting on

I've been thinking this might be the plan or something? one last monthly drop and then a mixtape to end the year on.

That's honestly what I assumed her whole plan with these monthly drops, it makes too much sense

1. Drop singles and start playing them on tour every month

2. Generate hype

3. New project once it's done

4. Headline tour

5. ???????

6. profit

Interesting, I don't think she'll tour

Not ANOTHER mixtape. I need my sis to drop that album and get out of that ugly Atlantic contract. They can't keep trapping her like this omfg 

The perfect plan would have been to drop monthly singles, and replace them each month on the Repu tour.. which then led to an album of some sort. Why this wasn't done I have NO idea. Her label and management seem like absolute idiots. Like I'm not kidding her fans could do a better job and promo ideas and cycles and that isn't even an exaggeration

i hope so, but i would love an album but i dont think that atlanic wanna put money on charli

Not ANOTHER mixtape. I need my sis to drop that album and get out of that ugly Atlantic contract. They can't keep trapping her like this omfg 

The perfect plan would have been to drop monthly singles, and replace them each month on the Repu tour.. which then led to an album of some sort. Why this wasn't done I have NO idea. Her label and management seem like absolute idiots. Like I'm not kidding her fans could do a better job and promo ideas and cycles and that isn't even an exaggeration

She's stated that she would never want to be independent and the whole point of the monthly releases was to build hype alongside the exposure of the tour to build the fanbase. Atlantic is attempting to launch her like they would a new artist and it's actually a pretty smart idea, I think the monthly singles aren't being promo'd because they're not meant for an album or anything. I think they're waiting to release any kind of serious single until after the tour so she's free to do press/promo/videos/etc

Interesting, I don't think she'll tour

why would she not tour? I know touring kind of had a bad effect on her mental health in the past (Jack & Charli do America Tour) but like she has been able to be supporting on so many tours since then.

Also its the best way for artists to make money now and there is demand for her, at least at smaller venues 

why would she not tour? I know touring kind of had a bad effect on her mental health in the past (Jack & Charli do America Tour) but like she has been able to be supporting on so many tours since then.

Also its the best way for artists to make money now and there is demand for her, at least at smaller venues 

I don't think she'll do a headlining tour until she releases an album. She hasn't toured the last two mixtapes so if she releases another I doubt she'll tour it. Plus she'll have just gotten off a huge tour. I think she'll take a break and we wont see a tour until spring 2019 at the earliest.

I don't think there's any point in her trying to get out of her contract with Atlantic, what is the chance of her getting signed to another major label and having success? She's kinda already admitted that she can't sing and she's not really a streaming force and chart smashing artist. At least with Atlantic she's releasing some form of music whether that be mixtapes or singles. Plus in the BBC documentary she said she hates promo etc. So she probably enjoys just dropping singles and mixtapes on streaming services, rather than launching an album campaign... Who's to say it is just the label that doesn't want to release the album. (although it would be nice for more music videos and stuff)

I think the monthly drops were never intended to lead up to a project, I think she just dropped some new tracks for promo before the Rep tour and then chucked out No Angel and GNO for the fans, so she could catch a break.

Would a headline tour even be successful? I remember when she toured the UK in 2014 for Sucker, doing academies and Uni bars etc. And I don't think she sold out or anything, I get her fanbase has grown since then, but her label probably don't see enough commercial appeal or value to launch a solo tour, especially if there's no intention to release an album.

amazing that Beyonce, who is the biggest artist in the world, has so much security in regards to her music, that she was able to surprise release TWO VISUAL ALBUMS, and charli cant even release a single without twinks teasing, leaking, and ripping it to shreds

when it comes to B on C honey its all about money and perfection. She has power in her hands and her label trusts her with blinded eyes. Beyonce could release a song with the letter "a" being repeated for 5 sec and it would chart. I dont know how some people get to be like that in music industry its kinda funny tho... im not her fan but that woman has something big inside her. At least our Charlotte shows humanity and more fragile moments and even if she's not on charts damn she gaves us True Romance, she writes for other artists, she's a nice person and treat her fans well. Sad that big labels aims for money and profits

If charli hates promo then she should work in an experimental label so she can drop her songs and be happy with it. with less money but at least releasing her stuff the way she does

If charli hates promo then she should work in an experimental label so she can drop her songs and be happy with it. with less money but at least releasing her stuff the way she does

But she does hate promo, she legit said it herself. And who's to say she isn't happy, she's dropping new music and having fun. Just because she hasn't released R&R or Taxi, doesn't mean she hates her contract and wants to be freed  :toofunny: And why move to an experimental label, when she's clearly making good money as an artist and a writer with Atlantic... plus she has more opportunities signed to a major, like the Rep tour.

Like it baffles me that people still believe that XCX3 was gonna be her career defining moment... If it had've been released it would've charted top 20, scraped top 10 in the UK if it was lucky. It's biggest hit would've been ATAP or Boys, both only just making top 30. And I know she was mad at the label at the time, but she has grown so much as an artist since Vroom Vroom and N1A, so if they had've released XCX3 in 2017 it would've felt like a major step back. She's tried her best to develop as an artist whilst keeping fans happy (dropping NA and GNO etc), but people still seem to be unhappy with her output.