Fluorine

Charli XCX

i really hope she ditched the whole XCX world concept, it’s so dated now... we need a fresh new era with white mercedes, next life and the rest of tracks she recorded this year

How is the “PC music, year-3000, future-party banger/bop” concept “outdated” in year 2019 though? lol

don't get me wrong, please!!! but... the 2 lq versions of bioyl, don't you think they have super dated production? like, it would be really cool back in 2016, maybe early 2017....

we don't know how the final - if there's even one tbh bc god only knows how much charli changed this songs throughout this year - sounds like, and still, i believe it's really what's on the pop radio right now, it's not fully tropical, it plays with pop and if she adds stefflon, it adds the rap flavor, with the right promo it can be huge

i cannot wait for a full length project from her, not saying that i don't like the standalone singles, it's just i prefer albums / mixtapes generally. regardless of what leaks are there or what the final tracklist this album has, we need to all stream it and buy it! charli clearly has been wanting to make a new project for ages, and we need to support it. just look at how happy she was with 1999 hitting the top 20 in the UK.

edit: i think a great way for her to just drop the leaks and start fresh would be by making the new album be a double album. the first album is all the new / reworked stuff (i.e. 1999, Focus, Blame It On Your Love) and the other side are the leaks (i.e. No Angel, GNO and Taxi)

giphy.gif

Plus there’s supposedly a version of BIOYL we haven’t heard yet. People at the sessions said she played 2 versions: 1 we’ve heard, and another that was supposedly a more “upbeat Track 10” production IIRC.

we had trap/hip-hop influence w/ 100 bad remix and 5itm, eletronic/house/pc-ish with focus, late 80s/pop with gno, tropical/reggae with playboy style, a full on pop banger with 1999... i'm so fucking grateful for my x...cx

Guys, any of you have a good recording or fanmade version of Burn Rubber? I know it's not Charli's but I love Kero Kero Bonito's music and the vocalist is the one who sings that SOPHIE song.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Plus there’s supposedly a version of BIOYL we haven’t heard yet. People at the sessions said she played 2 versions: 1 we’ve heard, and another that was supposedly a more “upbeat Track 10” production IIRC.

Our group said that she should incorporate elements of both versions. She also said she had no idea who the male vocal was in the demo we've heard  :toofunny:

Our group said that she should incorporate elements of both versions. She also said she had no idea who the male vocal was in the demo we've heard  :toofunny:

did both versions have that drop that the demo we've heard has?

giphy.gif