Fluorine

Charli XCX

Great song, terrible mixing imo

yeah tbh that's the only issue. the production is amazing but the chorus almost sounds muffled and the vocals have no differentiation or distinction between charli and chris  :toofunny:

the chorus could've been a huge moment as well as the outro. poorly done. does it say on genius who's been mixing her tracks these days? because GNO was also done badly.

before anyone else tries to drag the vocals in the outro im pretty sure its supposed to represent the uneasiness/anxiety described in the song. it sounds 'out of place' and unnerving and its actually a very smart way of giving the audience some kinda way to feel the emotions theyre describing through vocal production rather than just through the instrumental. tbh it makes me even more excited for the album 

i was gonna say it would be so (fake) deep of charli to say “omg the mixing sounds bad cuz the song is supposed to represent anxiety and how sometimes its hard to speak your mind” or something. cuz ya know she wants to “push pop as far as it will go” lol

before anyone else tries to drag the vocals in the outro im pretty sure its supposed to represent the uneasiness/anxiety described in the song. it sounds 'out of place' and unnerving and its actually a very smart way of giving the audience some kinda way to feel the emotions theyre describing through vocal production rather than just through the instrumental. tbh it makes me even more excited for the album

I get that the vocals are supposed to sound stifled/suffocated but then Charli’s voice comes back in clear as day and messes with it. Great idea but I feel like that sudden change at the end ruins it. Also as far as mixing, Charli and Christine’s verses sound like they were each mixed separately by different people and then just stuck over the instrumental, which to me sounds super cheap.

I mean what she sought to do and the result are two very different things, just because you had good intentions it doesn't mean the result is good. imo they could've done a better job bc its very anticlimactic and it could've used an exploding finale

Charli and Christine’s verses sound like they were each mixed separately by different people and then just stuck over the instrumental, which to me sounds super cheap.

ok this yeah for sure their vocals are way different and it is a little odd 

i was gonna say it would be so (fake) deep of charli to say “omg the mixing sounds bad cuz the song is supposed to represent anxiety and how sometimes its hard to speak your mind” or something. cuz ya know she wants to “push pop as far as it will go” lol

i wasnt referring to the mixing overall in my post lol just the way the vocals are heavily layered and edited in the outro 

that transition around 2:15 was the only thing that really bothered me

The part which I love the most tbh lol.

Y'all complaining but this song has more identity from Charli and Christine than 1999 and Bioyl. It really sounds genuine and intimate now let the music video snatch us even harder