Fluorine

Charli XCX

Does anyone know the article/video where Charli said her label said something about how about Break The Rules was perfect for a September release because that's when school starts? I can't find it

They actually said it? I can't believe lmaooooo

even tho ATAP is a flop she looked the best ever in the music video

she was like READY for xcx3 then the label pulled the rug from right under her 

I was also thinking about how good she looked but -

“I don’t think being healthy is really fun,” Charli XCX says, as she cracks into her third vegetable juice in three days. “I don’t think not partying is really fun, either.” But here she is, 23 years old at an upscale café in Los Angeles, the city where she now lives part of the time, powering through the final day of a month dedicated to trying something new: avoiding alcohol, exercising regularly, and eating sugar-free. “Very un-XCX,” she says. 

“I’m really bummed that you’re hanging out with me this week because literally until the beginning of June I’d never done that shit,” she says. “But when you start getting asked to go to more events and award shows, and you’re on display as an object — I just began to think about it more. For some reason the Daily Mail likes to write about me, and I got sucked into reading it. No matter who you are, sometimes it hurts when people are like, ‘You’re a fat bitch.’ It just made something click in my brain, and I’m not really quite sure what it is. I don’t think to own my pop star-ness or whatever means I have to go to the fucking gym, but now I’m having juice so that’s just cool.”

the first paragraph is kinda funny, like "wow we love a healthy legend jillian michaels is quaking", but then I read the second paragraph and it's kinda sad to think about how she looked her best when she was pressured by insecurity. In all of her instagram posts where she looks super skinny in the ATAP stage of this era, she also looks miserable. She did that whole health kick thing for ATAP, for the album.

And then there's the thing about Dr. Luke saying she needs to lose weight if she wants to be a pop star (not saying he influenced her, just mentioning it because it fits), and in the next paragraph she professes how her dream is to make the best pop album of 2017.

All this stuff shows how badly she wanted it. All the ambition and drive, and then... nothing. Delay after delay (not her fault), and then the album leaked, and here we are in 2018 with two mixtapes as stopgaps until we get the album. This is what people mean when they say "imagine how hard Charli must've worked on that album it to be leaked", it's truly a tragedy, and the work is more than just writing music.

They actually said it? I can't believe lmaooooo

I found the quote (mess at the true romance diss, I'm so glad she's came to her senses and realized it's a masterpiece)

A lot of people think that single is really calculated, because it’s like a record label’s wet dream; I handed it in in June, and they were like, “This is perfect, school starts in September.” But it came so naturally and it’s very tongue-in-cheek. 

charlie-xcx-exposes-wil-i-am-2.jpg

Do you gays remember how iconic this magazine page was to us??? Actually iconic. It was our first taste of what was coming (if we only knew what the future had in store for us).

times were so much simpler back then