Fluorine

Charli XCX

i love where she's taken her sound with HIFN and i'm happy to see her continue with AG, i just think it would be a step backwards; she's too big for a label like that and she needs proper funding and promotion which even atlantic wasn't willing to give to her. i'd settle for vroom vroom recordings because it's at least her own label

also i think she should do a true romance remix album

Vroom Vroom Recordings is done. They don't even have their domain anymore.

And lol at people saying Republic records. The only big label that is actually good and doing something for their artists is Interscope Records (and maaaaaybeeeee Warner)

Signing to PC Music would basically mean she's independent which would be amazing. She could do whatever she wants but funding would be hard anyway. She's paying PC Musics bills anyway at this point. Another one would be Transgressive, 4AD or even Warp

Do you think Charli created HIFN as a way to reduce the amount of albums she had left with Atlantic? 

While this does sound plausible, I'm sure she could have packaged together XCX World and all of the 2018 tracks/Charli outtakes as their own respective albums to speed things up if she was really desperate to get out of her contract. Regardless, I think both her and Atlantic are overall sort of tired with each other and ready for the contract to end, considering how lukewarm she indicated the label responded to self-titled + how both Charli (and the label?) seemed relatively on board with the concept of releasing two albums in 2020 prior to HIFN's conception.

In hindsight, I wonder if her tweet about XCX5 being her final album under her Atlantic contract could be a subtweet after someone from the label chastising her for her first XCX5 tweet.

I can see her on Warp, because their roster is quite progressive (Kelela, OPN, Danny Brown, TNGHT), or Transgressive (Flume, SOPHIE, Let's Eat Grandma).

I like this idea. I consider Flume, A.G., and SOPHIE to be close contemporaries, and Charli obviously fits right in. :defeated: :defeated:

so charli have the worst fan base who prefer discuss about her on lana board :crossed: I don't get :crossed:

yes and what about it

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

also, imo i think Charli and her label will renew her contract. i mean they seem to have an understanding now. i'd think Charli is too comfortable with her current team. Just look at Vroom Vroom Recording, she'd rather not deal with any of the copyright, marketing, ect and would rather just make music

also, her signing with a Indie record label, she would be in the same place or worse, i think. they would NOT be able to keep up with her demands, she loves rolling out music fast and just look at ARCA in dirty hit, she has 4 albums and they are trying to work with ARCA on how to best release them. We're finally getting the first one in two weeks.