harmonykorine

Zella Day

Curious about what other songs are gonna be added to the album tracklist besides the title track! I only have an acoustic demo for Sunday in Heaven, hoping the album version is fully produced...fingers crossed she adds Moonslot Junkie as well, it would sit SO gorgeously next to Am I Still Your Baby! 

On 5/3/2022 at 3:10 PM, zombie girl said:

we need a mass leak of all of the songs from 2016 that she is not allowed to release anymore because she was still on hollywood when she recorded them and they own them :defeated: especially tigra, silver lake delight, kansas city motel room etc etc

I'm here for a "Gypsy Girl", "Sober", & "Silverlake Delight" leak! For whatever reason they're not circulating, "Tigre" is though.

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

5 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

Curious about what other songs are gonna be added to the album tracklist besides the title track! I only have an acoustic demo for Sunday in Heaven, hoping the album version is fully produced...fingers crossed she adds Moonslot Junkie as well, it would sit SO gorgeously next to Am I Still Your Baby! 

I'm here for a "Gypsy Girl", "Sober", & "Silverlake Delight" leak! For whatever reason they're not circulating, "Tigre" is though.

I love Moonslot Junkie, I hope we get Cherry Heart some day. I only have clips of it, but I love it so much! I can't wait to hear Almost good too! *sigh* I'm not good at being patient... 'XD.    

I love those ones too - There aren't very many artists that I like where I genuinely love pretty much every song. Even the ones I wasn't super fond of initially have grown on me.

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, forensicflowergirl said:

I love Moonslot Junkie, I hope we get Cherry Heart some day. I only have clips of it, but I love it so much! I can't wait to hear Almost good too! *sigh* I'm not good at being patient... 'XD.    

I love those ones too - There aren't very many artists that I like where I genuinely love pretty much every song. Even the ones I wasn't super fond of initially have grown on me.

Almost Good is in my top 3 from the album!!! “You’re a handsome sucker punch” is pure poetry

20 hours ago, zombie girl said:

WHATTT omg lemme go on a scavenger hunt

It hasn’t leaked smh

1 hour ago, eyelovelefteye said:

Almost Good is in my top 3 from the album!!! “You’re a handsome sucker punch” is pure poetry

It hasn’t leaked smh

Oh I’m sorry! I think I misunderstood you that Tigre leaked. Thanks for clarifying!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, zombie girl said:

i really don’t understand why Sunday in Heaven hasn’t come out yet.. last july she said it was supposed to be out at the beginning of last september and it looks like it still has the same track listing that leaked a year ago because she is still teasing songs that are on it, she is on that new independent label so she shouldn’t have any label issues when it comes to releases—unless she is adding more songs i just don’t get it :defeated: what is she waiting for. i am going to be so sad if no plans have changed and it’s still 10 tracks including dance for love, girls, golden, i don’t know how to end + at least the one more single she’ll release when she announces it, we’ll already have half of the album or more by the time it’s out after over 7 years. in february she posted that she was back at the same studio she recorded the album at in august 2020 so maybeee

i actually normally prefer shorter albums and i think 10 tracks is the perfect amount of songs in almost every scenario but 4-5 new songs after this long is just gonna be :/

Yeah.. it is really frustrating, but who knows what the label is doing and why it is taking so long. On her insta when she posted her playing sunday in heaven, she said ‘end of the summer’ and she was even like why is this taking so long?  So idk, idk how all of this works but I agree that it is sometimes disappointing when you finally get an album and you already have half of it and then you’re like.. we’ve been waiting forever for this? Lol. I’m still excited though, I hope it happens soon!

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, zombie girl said:

i really don’t understand why Sunday in Heaven hasn’t come out yet.. last july she said it was supposed to be out at the beginning of last september and it looks like it still has the same track listing that leaked a year ago because she is still teasing songs that are on it, she is on that new independent label so she shouldn’t have any label issues when it comes to releases—unless she is adding more songs i just don’t get it :defeated: what is she waiting for. i am going to be so sad if no plans have changed and it’s still 10 tracks including dance for love, girls, golden, i don’t know how to end + at least the one more single she’ll release when she announces it, we’ll already have half of the album or more by the time it’s out after over 7 years. in february she posted that she was back at the same studio she recorded the album at in august 2020 so maybeee

i actually normally prefer shorter albums and i think 10 tracks is the perfect amount of songs in almost every scenario but 4-5 new songs after this long is just gonna be :/

She didn’t say September, the database people got the album masters from did. I’m guessing they just submitted 10 songs early for whatever reason  & the record is atleast 12 tracks-there’s dozens of demos she did for the album. She posted up at Neon Church saying “final touches” but I’m pretty sure it was from months before she posted it bc I was told it was already sent off for vinyl, cd & cassette last year. Another possibility could be a digital deluxe edition a’la Ancient Dreams. Fingers crossed for a 14/15 track album, longer LPS are always way better, the shorter album=quality theory is BS- Britney’s Circus, Lana’s Born to Die & Marina’s Electra Heart don’t have a single skip, neither does Janet’s Velvet Rope or All For You. Kicker was already halfway out on the ZD ep & all the way leaked almost a year before it dropped, we haven’t gotten any full bodies of work besides an EP in over 5 years, it would be amazing if she dropped a double album because she definitely has enough material to 

5 hours ago, zombie girl said:

she did say september herself in a livestream last july haha, i didn’t even know that insiders said september too because i was taking the words from her own mouth. also, i looked at the leaked track listing again and the title track isn’t even on it which i didn’t notice! so it’s definitely longer than 10 tracks which is relieving. anyway, i did some digging and there are at least 17 songs registered from the Sunday in Heaven sessions with the people she’s been working with:

1. I Don’t Know How to End (Zella Day)

2. Oh What a World (John Paul White, Zella Day)

3. Last Time (Jay Joyce, Zella Day)

4. Bunny (Jay Joyce, John Velasquez, Zella Day)

5. Dance for Love (Jay Joyce, John Velasquez, Ryan Clinton Hahn, Zella Day)

6. Real Life (Jay Joyce, Zella Day)

7. Interlude - I Know You Like Sound (Jay Joyce, Zella Day)

8. No Better (John Paul White, Zella Day)

9. Mushroom Punch (Ido, Jay Joyce, Simon Wilcox, Zella Day)

10. Am I Still Your Baby? (Jay Joyce, Simon Wilcox, Zella Day)

11. Girls (Jay Joyce, John Paul White, Zella Day)

12. Golden (John Paul White, Zella Day)

13. Let It Go (John Paul White, Zella Day)

14. Mama Mia (John Paul White, Zella Day)

15. Kiss Other Boys (Brandon Calvin Hood, John Paul White, Zella Day)

16. Easier (Matt Shultz, Zella Day) - this one is very likely extremely recent; Zella has liked every single thing Matt Shultz has posted on Instagram since January, but she had never interacted with anything of his at all before this year.

17. Almost Good (Malay, Zella Day) - was on the leaked track list despite being written alongside Malay, so there is still a possibility that older songs from even more collaborators are still being considered like Moon Slot Junkie and Chinatown

AND that’s not even everything, because the title track is not registered either. so there is still even more that we don’t know about.

although we should be a little skeptical about how recent the John Paul White tracks that we don’t know much about are (Oh What a World, Kiss Other Boys, Let It Go, No Better, Mama Mia) because she was writing with him pre-Kicker as well—the leaked songs “Butterfly” and “Needy” were written with him—and there is a possibility that some of them are super old. i just found a list i made in 2019 of every song that was registered then and Let It Go was on there, so that one could be very old as well. 

and agree to disagree about the shorter albums thing lol, i think there can definitely be more than 10 good songs on a project but i am really picky about precise cohesion and it’s very rare for albums to be fully cohesive to me once the standard edition gets longer than that in my opinion. but i am fully aware that’s just a weird me thing. after this long i will take the longest album possible from zella lol, the cohesion thing with Sunday in Heaven is already shot considering IDKHTE is on it alongside the singles from last year so i do not care i just want everything

Let It Go, Mama Mia, No Better & Kiss Other Boys are OLD… I leaked a clip from What a World a few pages back, you’re not telling me anything I don’t already know lmao, there’s more than 10 tracks I have that were recorded for the album that aren’t even registered yet